Need help, new to this.

To post a reply, login or signup

Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
I am getting bombarded lately. I don't know what set it off. I'm use to having mood swings but lately they are so much worse. Maybe because I just moved to where I'm at now and I have to go to the Library everyday for internet access so I can do school work. I'm not use to being around so many people for so long. I always felt uncomfortable in big crowds. My fiance is starting to worry about me and I just need to know what I can do to not get overpowered by this. I can't tell what is mine or what is everyone else. I'm stressed enough with school, being hours away from home for the first time, new place, trying to move again, and plan a wedding. I can't do anything when I'm at school or library I have to have pain medication with me because I get such bad headaches and other aches.
updated by @mouse: 01/14/17 10:47:27AM
CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

You are emotionally unguarded. Its hard to differentiate between your emotions and others at first.

Start by adding some protection to your day. Prayer is a great way... If you speak to spirit guides. If you don't, or feel uncomfortable with it, then pray go the creator or the universe to send you some positive energy. You can also protect yourself by shield. Envision a golden white light surrounding your whole body, use you intention to reenforce it, also adding auric protection. To know more on shields there is a lot of information online.

I use protection crystals as well. My favorite is black tourmaline. I don't go anywhere without it. Ask your guides or the universe to clear all negative energy from you a night, and let you sleep with peace. Ask to wake up refreshed and with positive vibration and energy .

The greatest protection, grouding and help for me comes from my healer guides and guardian angel.

The most important thing you can do right now, for someone that is being malled and sponging other people!es emoons and energies, is learn to ground yourself and to "turn down the volume" of others. There are techniques to help you accomplish this.

Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
What are the techniques??
CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

First thing to do is read the empath survival program's to show you how to tune out other peoples energies.

Another thing is intention. You need to be able to ask for guidance from the universe, and if you feel comfortable, your spirit guides. its important that you EXPECT to be guided and helped. Asking for guidance is only half the battle. You have to expect to be guided and then act on it.

Make a habit of of asking before bed, for the universe or guides to clear you of all negative energy. When you get up in the morning, ask to be guided in the best way to have a great day and expect ithen act on it.

There's a saying people say "fake it until you make it"

At first being guided by spirit guides and the universe may seem silly' , so you feel weird about it and have to take a leap of faith. But the more you communicate, the more you see that you are in control of your own life, and its not silly to ask for guidance. Try asking for guidance ffrom spirit guides for week straight and I guarantee you will see that if you ask for guidance you will receive it.

Start small. Ask to for the bus to come on time, ,or there be to delays in traffic , or to have a parking space available to you. Then when you feel comfortable, ask for things a bit bigger in your life.

This is techniques I use. You may not feel comfortable speaking yet to your guides. But I will tell you this... they're waiting to guide you. They're there all the time, and its their purpose to help.

I used to get 30 anxiety attacks a day, couldn't function insociety , was scared to go out, had nightmares, sponged everyone's emotions and was always tired, and much more. Now I have none of that. I can even help others now with what I once called my burden, but now call my gift.

I use Black Tourmaline. My favorite crystal. Fends off negativity, it grounds me and is a protection stone at the same time.

Mouse
@mouse
2 years ago
12 posts
Thanks
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Hi Mouse,

I can really relate to what you wrote.. I'm also having to interact with lots of new people lately, and it's been wearing me down.

You're not alone! Having aches and pains are totally normal for people like us, but it is really hard to not feel good so often, and to have so much more stress than is healthy. Here are some things that I do, that help me:

-Distance yourself from others when possible. Maybe there's a more secluded place at the library that you can work, or a place besides the library that has better energies. From my experience, the atmosphere of public libraries usually lends itself to negative energy, especially in the computer areas :) Not sure why...

-Make sure your breathing is good. Breathe in positive energy (into your abdomen), and breathe out the negative energy (from your abdomen) *make sure your abdomen expands when you breathe, not your chest, and it will make a big difference

-Make positive changes in the other areas of your life that you can. It sounds like you have a LOT going on at once! Change in general really weighs on me, too. But I find that if I give myself the things that I need, in addition to my work and the other (hard) things that are necessary, I feel better and am more able to cope. Some examples are: time alone, time in nature, exercise, healthy food, enough sleep, and time to unwind before bed (I take at least an hour every night to do something that I want to do, whether that's watching a movie or replying to posts on here.. anything relaxing really helps)

*Oh and lastly, a note about sleep. It's my knowledge that for empaths especially, sleep is vital, because our nervous systems are way more sensitive than average and they take in a vast amount of information every day, so without at least 8 hours of sleep a night, we are not giving our bodies nearly enough time to recharge. I've found that some days I really need a nap, as well :)

CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

I agree with all thRose methods and ideas.

I actually went through the process of filtering out all negative people from my life. It sounds harsh, but at this point in my life, I'm ina position where I can get away from negativity and have my own place no one can get to. Years ago, I always had people in my space, and just couldn't cope with that.

I do mindfulness meditation, and learning this sort fmeditatoon, really teaches you how to breath. I am more calm and grounded after a good 15 minutes of meditation. I am also very connected to my higher self and spirit guides... and that alone makes me feel VERY safe, and therefore comfortable, protected and secure in this moment of my life.

I understand what you are going through, am sending you a hug of positivity

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book