Disoriented Feeling?

To post a reply, login or signup

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Hello Everyone!

I have had this certain feeling since I was about 6 or 7, at least that is how long I have remembered this feeling. Could have started earlier than this, but I do not remember. Basically, some days I can wake up feeling fine and then a few hours later, I start to feel weird. When I was little I described it to myself as 'Feeling like I was in a large video game and this was actually all not real. Everything I did was not actually happening.' I am unsure as to how to describe it now, it's hard to find words for such a feeling. My Mother has related it to feeling 'disoriented', like when you have a small concussion and you feel odd. Well, this happens whenever it wants. Lately it has been more often and I cannot stand it. And I am confused as to what it is, has anyone else ever/still does get this feeling? I would appreciate any kind of reply :-)

Thank you. xxx

updated by @kaitlyn-brokaw: 03/23/17 11:24:18PM
AlexanderHoff123
@alexanderhoff123
2 years ago
10 posts

Is it depersonalization or derealization perhaps? I've suffered from derealization since I was 11 (not much depersonalization surprisingly), and I'm 19 now so for the last 8 years... It kind of sucks lol.

It makes it feel like you're living in a dream or everything is just unreal. A really creeping feeling.

I still have no idea why I have it or what caused it. It's usually associated with anxiety and panic attacks, and yes I get anxious (mostly in social situations), but not 24/7 of course. But still it lingers, and never completely goes away...

11 wasn't even my most anxious period of my life so that just makes it even more strange.

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
2 years ago
21 posts

Seems like depersonalization/derealization to me also...

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Think it may be denationalization. Not quite sure. I am sorry about that, it really does suck! Thanks for answering :-)

Lots of love! xxx

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

This honestly made it worse than before haha! But yes it is true I suppose.

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

I think it may be. Not very sure on this yet. Time will tell! Lots of love xx

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

Oooh, I am not sure. I will think on this. Thank you for the suggestions! And good for you! Rarely do people go to a party, even those with the intention not to drink, and not drink! Better for your body anyway, and your wallet, ahaha! Yes, being caught drunk driving would be horrible. Even worse if you got in an accident and killed/injured anyone but yourself. Not about that life.

Lots of love xxx

CalgaryEmpath82
@calgaryempath82
2 years ago
19 posts

I used to get a feeling similar to that all the time, and occasional get it still.

Through mindfulness meditation, and others techniques suc as balancing my cakras, I learned to ground myself and be more centered.

I also found that when I obtained my first crystal, for grounding, it also made things "easier"

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

is it vertigo? if you are still growing it could be your cardio vascular system adjusting. Also some people have less collagen in their blood vessels and need more salt in their diet, to retain more water (and not start feeling whoozy) - you would need that one checked out by your doctor (before upping your salt intake)!

If it is more of an energetic problem - do grounding work (visualize two beams of Light, coming up from deep in the Earth, and connecting to your heels!), and perhaps work (more?) on your lower chakras (especially the back ones)

Love and Light!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book