Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts

Hi WetPaint,

I think you're definitely right that one of the reasons our posts can become really long is because we're always the safe listeners :)

A lot of what you said resonates with me.. I've been thinking I have severe depression lately, but I think it's because my family is going through some things that are causing some depression in all of us, and I'm feeling it, too, only way amplified.

I'm sorry to hear you're around people who lack empathy - that's so hard! I wish I had more suggestions for you, but here are some:

Teach the people you're living with about the things that you need. So many times as empaths we only think about others and their needs, but our own needs are super important too, especially because we can help others SO much better when we're feeling good.

Follow your empath intuition :) This is pretty straightforward - I think we probably all have times when we feel a "knowing" feeling about something, and we're usually right!

I don't remember my childhood in a lot of detail, but I remember a lot from it; it was probably the happiest time of my life so far. I think it's great that you remember so much, and so accurately, because I believe the better we understand that children inside of us, the better we can take care of ourselves emotionally.

Trevor's advice has helped me too! :) I hope you find all that you seek, and that you will be blessed with lots of light on your journey. Welcome to the EC!

Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts

Anytime :)I know, I always wish I had more time to spend on here, too...

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book