Another Newbie!

To post a reply, login or signup

WetPaint
@wetpaint
2 years ago
8 posts

Thank you, Empath Community, for being here. I knew there were others that had these abilities, but I never knew there were others that had all of them too. This realization has come late in life for me but at a very needy time. I feel raw and vulnerable.

I have a couple questions, but first a quick insight into my experiences.

As the rest of you, I have been a magnet as a Safe Listener. I have tactfully distanced myself from 3 of the most constant and draining people. It has done wonders for me.

I am a children empath first and foremost. I absolutely love children (0 to 18 yrs) and my work/interactions with them is my place of pure joy. There is not one single minute of anything other than bliss and happiness, ever. With them is where I feel, intuitively know, and understand emotions and needs. The rewards are sometimes more than I can stand, so intense and beautiful. I could go on forever.

Next, I am a dog/animal empath. This one can hurt a lot and I often have to escape to keep my sanity. I always thought what I had with animals was what I called common sense. One time, my adult children said to me, but Mom, maybe its not so common.

Im not sure about adults. I know my mood can change to mirror theirs in an instant. But maybe I dont feel/absorb their emotions. It has never been anything like what I have with kids.

Okay, precognition. I dont like this much at all. There were two instances where I absolutely knew what was about to happen. Shortly after, it did. And both of them ended in a death. I dont think I have ever gotten over it. At one point, I (silently) screamed at the universe if I cant change the outcome, I dont want to know its coming. Since then, I am thinking that I only worry about something instead of knowing. So maybe I opted out?

One thing I am curious about is that I have many, many memories of my childhood starting before two years old. They have been confirmed as fact. I remember exactly how I felt in each one. Do any of you wonderful people remember your childhood? Ive never known anyone else that does. Of course, I grew up thinking everyone did.

My other question is more of needing advice/suggestions. At this time, I am living with 2 people diagnosed with depression. One is my husband. He is extremely left brained and he has the characteristics of an aspergers . His therapist recently told him he is void of empathy. I know, what the heck was I thinking! The other is a young (34 yo) female friend who had taken action on a suicide plan that I foiled. She is also lacking empathy. I dont think I need to say any more!

I have been reading Thriving and Surviving and have been working on flushing and grounding. This is all so new to me. Last night (at my wits end) I happen to read a post from Mandi and Trevor had a wonderful reply (Conduit of Energy). I tried that with hubby and OMG!

The other question I had, has anyone experienced a need or knowing to move to a specific place in order to connect with a particular soul?

Thanks Empaths! This got a little long. Is that because we are always the Safe Listeners and never get a chance to talk?

updated by @wetpaint: 01/11/17 04:15:15PM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Hi WetPaint,

I think you're definitely right that one of the reasons our posts can become really long is because we're always the safe listeners :)

A lot of what you said resonates with me.. I've been thinking I have severe depression lately, but I think it's because my family is going through some things that are causing some depression in all of us, and I'm feeling it, too, only way amplified.

I'm sorry to hear you're around people who lack empathy - that's so hard! I wish I had more suggestions for you, but here are some:

Teach the people you're living with about the things that you need. So many times as empaths we only think about others and their needs, but our own needs are super important too, especially because we can help others SO much better when we're feeling good.

Follow your empath intuition :) This is pretty straightforward - I think we probably all have times when we feel a "knowing" feeling about something, and we're usually right!

I don't remember my childhood in a lot of detail, but I remember a lot from it; it was probably the happiest time of my life so far. I think it's great that you remember so much, and so accurately, because I believe the better we understand that children inside of us, the better we can take care of ourselves emotionally.

Trevor's advice has helped me too! :) I hope you find all that you seek, and that you will be blessed with lots of light on your journey. Welcome to the EC!

Renee2
@renee2
2 years ago
4 posts

We have a lot in common. I had many dreams that came true when I was younger. But after I dreamed a bus wreck and wanted to warn my teacher not to go on the trip, just like in Final Destination, I didn't necessarily want it anymore. The real wreck resulted in two deaths and a serious injury that forced my teacher to retire. Part of me has wanted it back, but it's never been like it was when I was a teenager.

I have memories from when I was very young that others have a hard time believing because they don't remember early memories like I do. I have never really met anyone who could remember like I can. My parents have been surprised at some of them.

I have not felt the need or knowing to move to a specific place, but I knew that I was about to move the last two times months before I thought it would even be possible. I had a dream about a white dog with black spots almost a year before I moved out of an apartment with an ex-boyfriend. We lived in a complex that did not allow dogs. I felt this deep connection to the dog in the dream, and an extreme yearning for a dog that made me feel like my heart was broken. I suddenly broke up with the boyfriend and moved out on my own. Three days later I adopted a white puppy with black spots (though he did not look like the dog in my dream, he looked almost exactly like the stuffed dog my ex-boyfriend bought me to remind me of the dream.) And yes, I am an animal empath. This last time I moved, for months beforehand I was wanting to get out of apartment living and get a house or duplex. I knew the second I walked in the door at my duplex that I was going to move here. I just seem to know when major life changes are about to happen, even if I'm not sure how.

I don't have any advice regarding living with others. I have not solved this problem myself, and I am not sure I will ever be able to live with another human. I long to get married and have children, but I don't like to be around other people for longer than a few hours before I feel like I'm going insane with all the emotions, mine and theirs.

WetPaint
@wetpaint
2 years ago
8 posts

Thanks for the reply and encouragement, Kit Kat. I do believe I've found a gold mine here and just wish I had more time to dig in! I'll get there. It really makes me smile that you had a happy childhood.

WetPaint
@wetpaint
2 years ago
8 posts

Wow Renee, we really do have a lot in common! I'm so glad you got your dog. They are such wonderful companions and can bring the light back in with just being there. Thanks for responding and let's keep in touch.

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Anytime :)I know, I always wish I had more time to spend on here, too...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book