Reincarnation: is it reality?

To post a reply, login or signup

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Since accepting my gifts and my growing spiritual enlightenment I began to wonder about reincarnation. So, I thought I would add it to my website. Thus far in my research it seems our souls keep becoming human until we are completely enlightened. At that point we have a choice to come back or not. Another suggested it was karma and we keep coming back to further our soul development.

This is not an exciting topic, but something I believe my readers need to know. It is my understanding that we who have gifts are in the process of enlightenment and this is not our first life.

I am going to continue my research and add to my website in a couple of days, but I wanted to know what you think.

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Are there stages to enlightenment that we must reach to have the choice of no longer coming back?

Do out of body or death experiences really prove there is reincarnation?

Please let me know what you think!

Thank you,

Chay

updated by @chay: 01/20/17 03:11:29AM
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

This is really interesting to me and something in myself that I have been examining for a while now.

Every stage of my life has presented me with a new level of awareness and for that reason I don't think that enlightenment is a "one stop shop". There's no "arriving" because life is constantly in motion so I do think that everyone is undergoing the enlightenment process but different people are at different levels of awareness of it. I also think we all have gifts regardless of how they manifest but I don't think they're necessary to utilize in order to grow unless it's necessary for your life choices. I don't need to be a struggling empath who feels like they can't NOT help everybody and feel everyone's pain. Nor do I need to have psychic ability and use it to help those struggling. That isn't exactly an indication of growth or awareness to me or even past life experience.

Much of what I know about past lives I have been told about from readings I've had. And for those who feel a sense of incompletion, I think it would be great to have another lifetime to experience that closure. But there need not be a reincarnation for me. OBE only demonstrated to me that there are things that go beyond the 5 senses not that reincarnation is possible. It seemed to me during that time that everything was happening NOW. So there was no coming back to complete anything.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
I do believe in reincarnation despite my religious upbringing that denies it. The reason I believe is that I remember, some in great detail, places and situations that I have never been before in this lifetime. I have had these "memories" since I was a very young child. While growing up I would even mention these memories just to be dismissed as "oh, you must have dreamed that" or " maybe you saw it on TV". This is not the case. Even as an adult, when I see certain things or go to certain places, I have a "knowing" that I have been there before. I remember at least 3 different places and times. I rarely bring this subject up anymore because it is always dismissed or I come across as a crackpot.I have come to also realize that there is a tie between irrational fears in this life connected to accidents in prior...as with the fear of heights. This reminds me of a cliff in which I was falling from (one of my various memories). Since realizing this is just an illusion and not actual reality now, I have conquered the fear. I have only been able to get over this since my recent awakening.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you for the response. It helps. I have learned that I can't help everyone and I certainly do not need to take on everyone's problems or their energy. So, I have more to learn. Just because someone is not openly gifted doesn't mean they have not have past lives.

I have to remember everyone has their own journey. I will do more research before adding to my website. Thanks, again>

Love and LIght! Chay

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Very interesting! Thank you. You have given me more to look into. Like the previous reply I still need to learn more before adding to my website. I try to be careful what I add so I am giving good information.

I have experienced feeling as though I have done something before, but not a lot. Truth is .... I want to believe.

Again, thank you. I will resume seeking information on reincarnation.

Love and Light! Chay

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
If you would like more info you might want to check out a book written by Delores Cannon. It is "Between Death and Life". She did a lot of research on this subject. I recently read it, a lot of it makes sense to me and helped me.....umm.....accept that the residual memories that I have mentioned are "real" and not dreamt as I had always been told. (Down deep I knew it wasn't just a dream). Shine on! ;)
Cheye Ann Daugherty
@cheye-ann-daugherty
2 years ago
32 posts
I believe in reincarnation. Why? Bc I use to have dreams and flash backs from the 1890's .. I remember riding through the bad lands being chased. money flying, gun shots and my horse collapsing and falling forward foot being stuck in saddle. .. then being caught by rangers. Next thing ik I'm about to be hung for bank robbery.. I remember a woman and 7 children came to claim my body. So yes I believe in reincarnation.You know I believe I was this man, this outlaw bc I seen his gave stone in Santo, Tx .I believe that people are reincarnated to fix their mistakes. A second chance at life to make better decisions.
Merin Eliz
@merin-eliz
2 years ago
100 posts

I think I believe in reincarnation. I think that we will keep coming back until we have learned all the lessons our soul needs to learn. Just the way things keep coming back to us number of times until we learn our lesson, we have to keep coming back until our soul has experienced everything it needs to. Atleast that's my thought. I haven't had any memories come back to me of any life time, although i've wished. But to be frank, i've been kinda afraid of looking into my past lives, because what if I find something I don't want to know about. Anyway, reincarnation has always been interesting. And I just rememebered something I read about Buddha, he had said that we should treat everyone with respect cause they might have been close to us in a past life!

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I will look into it and put the book on my website.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I will admit I like the idea of reincarnation. The idea that what is me does not just end, I have the opportunity to be a better entity and the chance to continue being just simply better.

Thank you.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Good thinking. Thank you. I am not worried about past lives, but then I have never been told of any. I do believe we have souls that we keep meeting in our life times, so I suppose that answers my question to a point. In order for me to believe certain people or souls come into my different lives, then I must believe in reincarnation.

I don't want to end in this life. I want to keep learning and have the opportunity to be even better in the next life. I will admit I want to remember my lives and gain wisdom from them. Why start all over again?

Thanks!

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Of course I believe in reincarnation. I know I used to be Native American, and I lived in the Southwest. Even though I was born in California, I never felt at home until I moved to the SW, back to the area where I had been happy, even if it was for just a short time. I don't remember anything about that lifetime; just that I loved being there. We've all been around many, many times. That's just the one I remember.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I talked to a shaman who said that when the time is right, you will remember events from past lives. You remember them in your soul, anyway. You know how you know things that you couldn't possibly know? That's probably from a past life. We all know different things about the truth. We get reincarnated for the experience and the knowledge. That's what I've been told.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
I agree with the shaman. I tend to be a "tomboy" and know a lot about mechanical things. In my most recent past life, I was a man.
Sarah
@sarah
2 years ago
386 posts

I believe in reincarnation even though I was raised in a religious tradition that didn't believe in it. It's still hard for me to accept it all the way because of my religious programming, but learning about some of my own past lives has really helped me heal and grow. Also, being able to help heal other people's past lives helps me understand a little more about people and about the nature of life. I'm not sure everything is as straightforward as living, then dying then living again. I tend to think of it all like there are different dimensions of things and no time, so it's beyond what we can understand all the way, but for me it's the best explanation of what happens to us that I can understand yet.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book