Empathy and career paths..

To post a reply, login or signup

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
2 years ago
21 posts

Hey all- hope you are doing well!!

I am in college- it's my first year. I am currently undeclared on my major but I want to start narrowing my focus to a few things because I currently do not have the slightest clue about what I want to do. My interests are mostly spiritual...I don't know how to integrate that into a career field that I will love. I want to enjoy what I do...

What are your jobs?? Are you happy? Do you wish you went a different path?

Would love to discuss..thank you!

updated by @erikarachel7: 01/20/17 03:11:22AM
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I think my question to you is, what is it you're interested in doing/exploring? I never went undeclared in college (I think I would've dropped out if I didn't commit to something or have a goal) but I almost did. I wanted to be a spiritual nomad. lol But It's all spiritual really. All of it.

Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I'm a travel nurse and it works for me because I only have to be in a place for 13 weeks max at a time. After that I can take a break or go elsewhere and that works for me at this time.

Gwen
@gwen
2 years ago
13 posts
think about it like this, think about all the things that you like to do that could possibly be a job, which one would you do for free? It doesn't necessarily have to be the thing you love the most. But you do need to be passionate about what you do.
Gwen
@gwen
2 years ago
13 posts
I am an actress currently working in retail but that's because I'm trying to start a business so I can have the freedom to be a full time actress without having to worry about where my next plate of food is going to come from. My business will be using the skills I learned from school, but it wasn't always that way. I never wanted to pursue what I studied in school after I graduated. I got into spirituality and worked my butt off to become very spiritually advanced. Not until I reached those higher levels of spirituality did I learn my true purpose. Now that I look back at everything I learned, everything I did was not at all in vain. I am able to use all the skills that I learned as well as my acting ability to accomplish my purpose. It really is amazing. So no matter what you pick it will be the right thing for you. Nothing is by mistake and every thing is on purpose.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
Maybe look into Reiki? Or business and open up a spiritual shop in Sedona. Do what you feel will bring you reward and joy, what you are most passionate about :)
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

I've had an extremely hard time with choosing a career path, too.. I think it's because empaths tend to have a lot of varied interests, even if they're more on the creative and spiritual sides of the spectrum.

I like what Crownite said about everything being spiritual. I think that as long as you choose something you love, and something you can be committed to, then you're on the right track.

I haven't chosen a career yet either because I'm still in school, too, but here are some of the ones that are recommended for empaths:

1. Medical Industry:Doctors, nurses, health practitioners, assistants.
  2. Nature:Botanists, landscapers, gardeners, growers, wildlife, conservatories.
  3. Animals:Trainers, doctors, groomers, breeders.
  4. Healers:Reiki, yoga, holistic, massage, acupuncture, reflexology, physiotherapists.
  5. Organizations:World health organizations in general.
  6. Educators:Teachers, daycare workers, writers, novelists.
  7. Artistic:Painters, sculptures, architects, designers, musicians, photographers.
  8. Intuitive Healing:Psychics, spiritual advisors, mediums, tarot readers.

Hope this is helpful :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book