Parents

To post a reply, login or signup

Mary2
@mary2
2 years ago
2 posts
I am 14 and I have known that I am an empath and it's crazy and sad that I can't tell my parents and my siblings
updated by @mary2: 03/25/17 07:56:05AM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Why can't you tell them?

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
2 years ago
21 posts

Are you scared that they won't understand? Are they spiritual at all? Start there...then add in the empath thing....

Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
2 years ago
216 posts

I am 15, and I would love to chat with you about this. You can message me if you'd like :)

Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

Why can't you tell them? Being an empath isn't a big deal......

MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
I am 14 too and I am not scared at all my mum was the one who said I was an crystal rainbow which made me realise I am an empath long story though
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
803 posts

Well....I'm 48 years old and feel I can't tell my folks or brother about my being an empath....lol...the fear belongs to me....I could say something....but know enough their reaction wouldn't be good.....lol....so...your really not alone in that issue....at any age.....lol

Mary2
@mary2
2 years ago
2 posts
Hi sorry this is late I go to boarding school so I would like to chat with u to
Bookworm
@bookworm
2 years ago
86 posts
Gene and Karen are right Mary most empaths struggle with this issue whether it is with their parents, wider family, other loved ones... As Gene says only you can make the decision whether or not to tell, whether you think the other person is ready to hear.But whatever you decide just know you are not alone you have friends who will understand you here :) xx
PD2012
@pd2012
2 years ago
20 posts

This wasn't something that was discussed in my home growing up. I do know I was put on ignore more than once if I came out with something that I wasn't supposed to know.

I think if you're comfortable and ready for whatever reaction you may receive, talk to them.

Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Yes. Your all are like me. Im the "crazy" one in my family. So I keep it to myself.I was raised in a house where children was seen and not heard so I do understand what your going though. But I have no answers. All that I know you can do is try to stay opened minded and surround your self with people like yourself which was hard to do myself being from a small town and I you see things or hear things or feel things than your not excepted . When you grow up and have children , break this tradition and teach your child they have a voice because or gifts, most of the time, are pasted down.
Rene''
@rene
2 years ago
1,194 posts
Passed down, sorry my southern English is showing though. Lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book