breaking off a freindship because im so sensitive

To post a reply, login or signup

adda
@adda
2 years ago
17 posts
I had a friend that was an attention whore I accepted it at first but then came the insults about my looks from her and her boyfriend they would make me cry after being around them too long. She was very into herself and so was he. Actually sometimes they wouldn't even insult me and I could just feel that they thought they were so much better than me. I ended the friendship and she has cried to me about it. Ive felt so good since I haven't been insulted anymore. Is this because I'm a sensitive empath? And I feel so bad that she's upset but I know the insults will never stop. She always has to have all the attention.. Does she want me back cause iI'man empathy?
updated by @adda: 05/12/17 01:17:53PM
adda
@adda
2 years ago
17 posts
Because I'm an empathy* sorry couldn't f I and edit to fix that
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I don't think this means you're an empath. Anyone can feel a sense of guilt for hurting another person's feelings if they have empathy. But you didn't like how she made you feel. It doesn't make her a "bad" person and you a victim and hurting her feelings doesn't make you a "bad" person and her anything at all.

Maybe she wants you back because she considers you a friend or because she liked you but didn't know how to show it or she just likes having friends. It doesn't have to do with you being an "empath'.

adda
@adda
2 years ago
17 posts
Wow carol you just described everything perfectly!!!! I understand now. I've been so much happier lately. She's so much drama and has to have all the attention even dresses a little inappropriately when she knows my husband will be around. I would feel soooo exhausted after being around her or I would cry so much. She had a way of making me feel so ugly without even saying anything insulting. I thought she was clinging to me because I was an empath.
adda
@adda
2 years ago
17 posts
We've been friends for 12 years she's gone through so many men and drama since then. I just feel my energy is back since I've stopped the friendship. She keeps crying when she calls me .

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book