Empaths and parties

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
3 years ago
21 posts

Hey all-

it's my second week at college and I am going out for the first time tonight. I have been telling my roommate "maybe tomorrow" for 14 days so I decided I need to go out once just to try it...

So I am incredible nervous..mostly I am scared I may have a panic attack. I just want to be a normal student who can go out, let loose, and have a good night. Any tips??

I don't do well partying...I prefer to have a wine night in with my best friend and that is about as far as it goes- lol.

Any thoughts, tips, or suggestions?? I am definitely going out...I need to try it before I judge it I feel like.....just incredible uneasy. thank you!!!!!!!!

updated by @erikarachel7: 07/22/18 01:44:32PM
RyuukoGo
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
3 years ago
110 posts

Take a lot of vitamns before/after you go..especially vitaminC ...http://www.drjudithorloff.com/_blog/Dr_Judith_Orloff%27s_Blog/post/...

Reckless
Reckless
@reckless
3 years ago
120 posts
If you feel overwhelmed,.then quickly find an exit and a quiet place. You should feel fine after 5 minutes or by the time you get to a quiet place. Works for me.Try to socialize a bit. You don't know who you might meet. Sometimes you run into the right person with the right message to a random conversation.
Gin S
Gin S
@gin-s
3 years ago
225 posts

Being an empath and highly sensitive, I hate parties. I pick up way too much from people through feeling, seeing and touch. In western culture people feel the need to touch each other when they meet. A hand shake or a hug if they are really close to a mutual friend. I get really overwhelmed with sensory overload in a group. I much prefer a very small group of only one or two people.

I would suggest trying more then once to get a good idea of what it is like. Not every group or outing is the same. You could even come to love it, some people do. It is new and scary right now but bit by bit you can get more comfortable. You might want to work your way up by inviting a few people for a wine night at first or something. Then maybe have a dinner party with a couple more added. Good luck :) I hope it went well, I know I am a bit late responding.

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
3 years ago
21 posts

Thank you ALL SO MUCH for your sweet comments and advice. My night out went SO much better than expected. Thank you thank you thank you:)

erikarachel7
@erikarachel7
3 years ago
21 posts

I ordered black tourmaline...thank you:)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book