Empath Training

To post a reply, login or signup

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 years ago
414 posts

Latest post from my blog:

https://www.eliselebeau.com/empath/empath-training-i-need-help/5599

Realizing that youre an Empath can be a bit traumatic.

You canfeelit happening. Woa, here comes a wave of emotions

You canunderstandhow it works. Woa, those are not my emotions

And yet you cant findyour instruction manual, specifically the troubleshooting section. What can you DO to tame and train your Empath skills?

Empath Training

Empath Training is like learning a new sport:

1)Learn the rules of the game.

2)Practice. Practice. Practice.

However, most Empaths struggle with debilitating side effects which is whyI call themImpaired Empath.

While being an Empath can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience, you might be trying to drink from a fire hydrant if you cant control the flow of emotional information that comes throughyou.

Ultimately, every Empath is differentandthe kind of training that you need will also be somewhat unique. But you can get started by covering the basics

Learning how the Empath processunfoldsin your life is critical. If you dont know how andwhen you get triggered, you cannot learn to control your natural empath skills. Seethis postfor a discussion on this topic.

If you find yourself emotionally overwhelmed on a regular basis, take a look at the Empath Survival Program. Theres 7 Empath training techniques that cover the most challenging situations.

Heres when to useeach one:

• Technique 1: You feel overwhelmed while youre talking to someone; a friend, your husband, your clients.
  • Technique 2: You are confused about how YOU feel. Youre always doing what everyone else wants.
  • Technique 3: You need to go to the mall or a wedding but big excited crowds usually wipe you out.
  • Technique 4: You have a hard time focusing at work. You feel cramped, invaded or wadinginhostile territories.
  • Technique 5: You cannot detangleyourself from your love partner. His mood is your mood. Youre practically sharing a heart
  • Technique 6: The world is oppressing you. You see only pain and suffering. You dont feel emotionally safe around other people.
  • Technique 7: Youre a headless chicken! Constantly distracted by other peoples stuff, you cant find 2 seconds of clarity in your own life.

Once you find a technique that works for you,practice, practice practice! When I first started using Technique 1, I would do it over 100 times a day! I felt a little bit better everytime, which is why I kept doing it. Over a couple of weeks, you will feel a WORLD of difference.

But Elise, I hear you say, what about AFTER the survival? Are we to be plagued with the curse of emotional sensitivity and a life a doom? NOT AT ALL! Good question, by the way ;)

I talk withEmpaths on a daily basis and it strikes me how often they have not found a way to be aHappy Empath. Really, its a thing!

Heres the secret about anyempath training: You are unlikely to be happy unless you learn to productively use your natural Empath skills in your daily life.

What does it mean to productively use my Empath skills? Well, for one thing, it means this process doesnt hurt you. Its not a curse that you cant control. Its a skill that you can use tobetter your life and the life of others. But how?

Ive seen tons ofproductive uses, of Empath skills, including some VERY creative ones. Theres a barista at my Starbucks who can tell how people are feeling as they walk up to her, even before she looks at them. She subtly adjusts her greeting to match her clientsmood. Guaranteed to make you smile without overdoing it!

I know a real estate agent who can tell right away how people feel when they walk into a house. Even when THEY dont know how they feel! So it instantly anglesher in the right direction for the next house shell be showing them, one that is much more what they want.

Ive met a novelist who soaks in the emotionsofpeople who are feeling stuck and writes about that. She takes her readers on a journey that resonates with them but also shows them a way out.

There is no limit to the ways you can express your Empath skills. But its critical that you find something that fitsYOU.

What is your productive Empath expression?

in love

Elise

updated by @eliselebeau: 01/09/17 07:48:18PM
Gwen
@gwen
2 years ago
13 posts

Thank you for this post!

Gwen
@gwen
2 years ago
13 posts

I was looking at technique one and I started questioning why your mind would refuse to go down to "0" but it's true. I do something similar to control my temperature sometimes. And when I have done it in the past my mind always tries to take the dial back to where it originally was. I like to have little lock holes along the dial where I can latch a master lock on it so it can't go anywhere even if my mind is trying its hardest to take it back.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 years ago
414 posts

I'm glad it resonated with you. I think a lot of Empaths think that because it jumps back up, the technique is not "working". LOL, I love the little locks idea :)

I have also found that investigating why the dial wants to jump back leads to a deep solution/relief. The push back is a sort of message from the mind, trying to say why it won't go down. Usually it's some unconscious belief, such as "it's selfish for me to turn this down".

Great timing on this comment, my next post will go into the most common causes of this "reluctance" to turn down (and STAY DOWN, dammit lol).

in love,

Elise

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 years ago
414 posts

You're welcome, I'm glad it was helpful!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book