Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts

Welcome to the EC! This is a great place for you to find advice and the help you need..

I know it can be hard to see the positive aspects of our abilities, but here are some positive aspects that I've found:

We can have a high level of understanding for others, we can naturally care about other people, and have compassion for them, we think very deeply about life, we have amazing "inner worlds," and if we learn to use our abilities to help people, we can make a big difference in their lives.

I'm really sorry you've had people poke fun at you, and that things have been so rough. Believe me, I don't judge you for the ways you've coped. It's so easy for us, as empaths, to turn to addictions (which I've struggled with before, too), because we have so much to cope with! So I really hope you will have compassion for yourself, with all you've been through - because I can tell it's been a LOT. Here are some of my suggestions:

Build yourself up physically, mentally and emotionally by doing things that bring happiness, and relaxation to you - examples may be reading uplifting books, being creative, or going for walks. Doing these things, while it may be hard, can fill you with light. And the light will not only help you cope, but protect you from others' energies. Plus, these things can help replace your desire to smoke.

Make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep every night. This is really important for empaths especially, because we tend to use up our energy faster than the average person. So I've found that sleep is a saving grace for me..

Find ways to use your abilities to help people. This really has been one of my biggest ways of coping. There is so much joy that can be found from using these abilities in everyday life... I've found that even just smiling at people can be a way to make a difference.

Lastly, I just want to say that I understand how easy it is for us, as empaths, to deprive ourselves of things we need, in order to make life 'better' for other people. But one of the best things we can do for those around us is to love and take care of ourselves. So I hope that you will maybe see some ways that you can better take care of yourself, after reading this. There are a lot of needs that we have that are somewhat different from those who aren't empaths (for example, the need to work alone, the need to be creative, the need to take our time), and these things can help to free us from suffering, when we give them to ourselves.

I hope this helps, and that things get better <3

Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts
You're very welcome! I'm so happy to hear that you're finding more hope, and the right path for you. Thank you for writing such a sweet reply. It means a lot to me! May you receive strength and light on your journey :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book