Feeling Dirty

To post a reply, login or signup

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I only realized I am an empath this past April. I've been working with trying to get my aura out to proper size and notice the moods of people without having them become 'my' emotions.

A few weeks ago for about a week, as I was driving home from work I felt that my hands were dirty, almost like I have been digging in dirt. I'd get home, wash my hands and things were fine.

This past Monday, my manager came in. I could already tell she was pissed. I got some attitude thrown at me but I remained calm. Lunch came and I went to sit in my car, just to get out of the stuffy, oppressive room. When we got back to work, I actually felt as if I needed a shower because of how dirty I felt. That's when it dawned on me that hey, I must be buffering out this negative energy from my aura. So, I again washed my hands and felt clean again.

Has anyone experienced this 'dirt?' I thought it was an odd way for me to experience negativity, and I really don't want it to go the OCD route! Washing my hands seems to be working, and I know I'm not sending the negative back out there, I'm sending it back to the earth to be renewed.

updated by @dariasdouble212: 01/12/17 01:09:21AM
Felipe Gutierrez
@felipe-gutierrez
2 years ago
8 posts
I can relate to your experience to a certain extent. Whenever I'm around too much negativity, I feel overwhelmed and with the biggest urge to just get in the water because I feel like a sense of cleansing and protection.
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Yes, I've definitely had experiences like this. I think it's pretty common, so you're not the only one!

It's good that washing your hands helps - Taking a shower can definitely help, too. But I know what you mean.. I restrict how many times I shower, and not just because of the drought where I live, but because I don't want to go the OCD route either :)

Maybe visualizations could help, like imagining that the dirt can't stick to you - that it just falls off (back to the earth).

Oh and I've found that it really helps for me to be completely alone for at least an hour every day. It's like my own thoughts and feelings purify my soul from others' energies. Hope this helps!

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I'm basically a loner because I tend to feel exhausted, I've begun writing in a journal to help release everything. Quite cathartic.

I'm amazed at how physical it feels. I'll have to try visualization. Thanks for the suggestion!

adda
@adda
2 years ago
17 posts
Melinda I do that too!!! Without even reading how to I just knew how to do it
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Journaling is awesome; I should do that more...

You're welcome! I hope it helps :)

dariasdouble212
@dariasdouble212
2 years ago
55 posts

I don't even know why it didn't dawn on me I should do that daily. I'm going to have to! Thank you!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book