Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
274 posts

OK 58 year old male to 51 year old male ... :-)

Firstly, if you have browsed the conversations here you would know that we take this community very seriously. Many of us have struggled with coming to terms with being empaths. We know what you are going through!

Second, I cant remember any conversation or advice on turning off being an empath in the last 3 years I have been around. Most of the advice you will get here is in terms of shielding or other exercises to "protect" yourself from the energy of others.

What I have often posted for newcomers is the following:

1. Elise'sEmpath Survival Program.
  2. Donna Eden'sZip Up Technique
  3. theTools for the Empathgroup
  4. Thriving As An Empath - my own favorite for reasons that will be obvious when you go there. I personally use this technique every day and many of the people I have shared this with have had a lot of success with the Conduit of Energy contained here.

For some people being an empath feels like a liability now. Personally, when I first started out, and once I realized what was messing with my head, I was determined to train it not stop it. My opinion it is a gift, an honor and a privilege to have this ability.

Like an untrained car driver, being out of control is a liability to everybody. That why there is Driver's Ed :-) Welcome to the EC! We are here to help.

Trevor

Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
274 posts

So many of us have struggled with attempting to get understanding from a traditional medical community that just doesn't understand. There are a few out there but they can be hard to find depending on where you live. You are far better looking for the alternative/holistic practitioners especially ones that are empaths themselves. If in doubt, just ask them what they understand when someone describes themselves as an empath. If they don't understand the question, or give you a conventional answer that again means they don't understand, leave ... fast.

So far everything you've said here sounds to me like you are an empath, not crazy!

If you are interested in a longer story of how I got where I am today have a look at http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/profiles/blogs/we-are-all-connected-how-i-came-to-recognize-myself-as-an-empath

It might be useful to you but I still suggest you read Thriving As An Empath first

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
977 posts
Lol...for me it's been diagnosed as a unknown psychosis....lol.....I never bought that diagnosis....and will never believe that.....the psychiatrists I saw only confused me....and made me angry.....I would walk into the offices and I'd hear and feel all the past trauma that went through with other people....the rooms never felt cleansed....I felt other people's pain...anger....fear....and never knew which was mine...before I would visit I'd smudge myself....feel ok...then get there and my moods would change....was really odd....it's a really drag for sure to have this....and for quite awhile I wanted this to go....now I know what it is...and there are STILL times I would rather live without...but my gifts are many...and would feel lost now without them.....it's up to you to make peace with it....once the gift is given....you can't give it back...and no amount of medication will take it away....mask it...yes....but it won't ever go away....lol....once you figure it all out and the fear decreases....I think you'll be just fine....
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 years ago
977 posts
Plus...the unknown psychosis label still makes me angry....but it also makes me laugh.. cause basically they're telling me....THEY didn't know how to diagnose me...lol....which tells me....I'm just fine... lol

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book