Help

To post a reply, login or signup

Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

Hi

I don't know how to start this really. Even though i know what i am experiencing is real, i am still sceptical. I hope you are all genuine and not just here to have a laugh at people. What i want to know is if anyone has managed to stop it, or have had it diagnosed as a medical condition that can be controlled with drugs or self help.

I don't want to feel any of this, sometimes it feels like there are loads of silent voices in my head if that makes sense. I can't hear any sound, but i can feel it, especially on public transport ot busy stores. I don't see it as a gift.

Can anyone help?

updated by @borderline: 01/31/17 11:45:37PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

OK 58 year old male to 51 year old male ... :-)

Firstly, if you have browsed the conversations here you would know that we take this community very seriously. Many of us have struggled with coming to terms with being empaths. We know what you are going through!

Second, I cant remember any conversation or advice on turning off being an empath in the last 3 years I have been around. Most of the advice you will get here is in terms of shielding or other exercises to "protect" yourself from the energy of others.

What I have often posted for newcomers is the following:

1. Elise'sEmpath Survival Program.
  2. Donna Eden'sZip Up Technique
  3. theTools for the Empathgroup
  4. Thriving As An Empath - my own favorite for reasons that will be obvious when you go there. I personally use this technique every day and many of the people I have shared this with have had a lot of success with the Conduit of Energy contained here.

For some people being an empath feels like a liability now. Personally, when I first started out, and once I realized what was messing with my head, I was determined to train it not stop it. My opinion it is a gift, an honor and a privilege to have this ability.

Like an untrained car driver, being out of control is a liability to everybody. That why there is Driver's Ed :-) Welcome to the EC! We are here to help.

Trevor

Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

Thank you for your balanced reply Doorofmercy. I need to do something, perhaps this group may help, hopefully.

Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

Thank you Trevor, i will look for help through the guides before i decide anything.

Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

Thanks for your honest reply Sandie. I do know it would be easier to accept, i think i still don't like admitting to being something i don't understand, it's easier to see it as a medical condition i think. Maybe patience is a virtue here.

Felipe Gutierrez
@felipe-gutierrez
2 years ago
8 posts
I too had difficulty coming to terms with it and at first it may seem a bit scary or unreal but it's there. It's a million times better to acknowledge this gift. I agree with sandie's comment that acceptance makes things easier.
Heather2
@heather2
2 years ago
13 posts
Hello in response before discovering ny authentic self that if having these gifts i was given labels by doctors. Through a series of events i finally met an intuitive lufe,coach who removed all those,doubts about myself and alliwing myself to be,defined by doctors labels. What a reluef to know im not broken dont need to be fixed and this is in no way shape or form a nentak geakth problem the stress of it can lead to symptoms until kearning how to deal however those psych meds do nore,harm than good based on my experience. They blocked me from being my aithentic self and blocked my abities and numbed them which in turn led to more problems hope this,helps
Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

Thanks Felipe, I have noticed this since i was a teen. I have put it down to a lot of other things, and have been given different treatments from doctors, all of which make matters worse or more confusing. I am here tentatively trying to find help. Thank you for taking the time to answer me.

Borderline
@borderline
2 years ago
6 posts

I have been on different meds and seen various people. I go hoping for help and try to explain what is happening but i can feel thier indifference even when they are trying to look concerned. They ignore the things they don't understand so they can pigeonhole me into a catagory that makes sense to them. Sorry, it's not a rant, just more frustration. Maybe there is something wrong with me, i don't know, but everyones replies are a help, thank you.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

So many of us have struggled with attempting to get understanding from a traditional medical community that just doesn't understand. There are a few out there but they can be hard to find depending on where you live. You are far better looking for the alternative/holistic practitioners especially ones that are empaths themselves. If in doubt, just ask them what they understand when someone describes themselves as an empath. If they don't understand the question, or give you a conventional answer that again means they don't understand, leave ... fast.

So far everything you've said here sounds to me like you are an empath, not crazy!

If you are interested in a longer story of how I got where I am today have a look at http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/profiles/blogs/we-are-all-connected-how-i-came-to-recognize-myself-as-an-empath

It might be useful to you but I still suggest you read Thriving As An Empath first

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Lol...for me it's been diagnosed as a unknown psychosis....lol.....I never bought that diagnosis....and will never believe that.....the psychiatrists I saw only confused me....and made me angry.....I would walk into the offices and I'd hear and feel all the past trauma that went through with other people....the rooms never felt cleansed....I felt other people's pain...anger....fear....and never knew which was mine...before I would visit I'd smudge myself....feel ok...then get there and my moods would change....was really odd....it's a really drag for sure to have this....and for quite awhile I wanted this to go....now I know what it is...and there are STILL times I would rather live without...but my gifts are many...and would feel lost now without them.....it's up to you to make peace with it....once the gift is given....you can't give it back...and no amount of medication will take it away....mask it...yes....but it won't ever go away....lol....once you figure it all out and the fear decreases....I think you'll be just fine....
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 years ago
783 posts
Plus...the unknown psychosis label still makes me angry....but it also makes me laugh.. cause basically they're telling me....THEY didn't know how to diagnose me...lol....which tells me....I'm just fine... lol
Robert Stewart
@robert-stewart
2 years ago
8 posts
Look there is no stopping in there is only coping the hoping and learning how to understand it is a rarity for any of us to learn how to shut it off and on what you should focus on is coping learning how to understand your emotions and learning how to keep yourself from being affected by other peoples by other people's emotions
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I have told my husband if this wasn't happening to me, then I would not believe it. When I was first told I was an empath I did not even believe they existed. Now I spend a great deal of time learning about empaths and other gifts. I am not nuts because I have proved to myself it is real.

I went a week without all the input (long story) and it was an awful feeling. I am so accustomed to my 'sixth sense' that it was as though part of me had been removed. I receive information all the time. While you are wanting silence I am appreciating it. The difference? Let's back up, okay?

Skeptical? Of course you are. Give yourself a break. I proved it to myself and finally accepted.

Stop it with drugs? Medical prescriptions, the right ones, could possibly help. A band-aid while you learn to cope.

Feeling loads of silent voices? While you don't see this as a gift the reality of it is just that. Not every great musician, genius, or athlete view their gift as great. It carries responsibility not all can ignore. So, you need to learn coping skills just like people with gifts do. Hiding from it or attempting to deny it is not going to help your reality. Does that make sense?

You really are what you think. Think positive. Meditate. Ask for help not just from us, but your guardians/spirit guides. Learn. Gain knowledge. Give yourself time to recuperate between times you are in public. Surround yourself with positive people. You are only just beginning. This is a different world. Check out empathness.com to get more knowledgeable. You have been given websites to get help from others, but this website is just a central location for information. I hope it helps.

Gifts are not easy. Embrace yours. I think you will come to a happy conclusion. That doesn't mean it will not take some lifestyle changes. I sincerely hope, like me, that you will find this life much more fulfilling and be happy.

Love and light. Good fortune.

jjuniorr
@jjuniorr
2 years ago
13 posts

Before I start.....I don't always see it as a gift either.

I understand the need to make it stop. BUT you have to keep in mind it's who you are, what makes you, you. I've made attempts to quite my...........extra sense, but that's all it does. Is quiet it, it will never go away, its a part of you. Fear is what keeps you from embracing it (which I also understand) but even if you find a way to make it easier to deal with, once you stop, it will come back with a vengeance. My advice, is to see what the voices have to say, set boundaries and be strong and remember who is in control, YOU. But fear is what is holding you back. Your strong. You can do it. Have faith........in yourself.

Unfortunately I don't have a book for you to read, but my advice is strictly on MY experiences, which isn't much but a lot at the same time. Do what YOU think is best, because in the end, its your life.

Ever feel the need to chat, message me. Sometimes talking about it, can help, and I'm ALL ear. Well...maybe NOT literally ;0)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book