Crowds and meeting people for the first time.

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
I find myself not liking to be around crowds anymore. It feels overwhelming and sometimes I feel like passing out. I get dizzy, light headed, can't see straight, or think straight. But sometimes I'm ok depending on who I'm with. This weekend at a concert I felt like I couldn't enjoy myself. I lead my friends throw the crowd so we can get out, stumbling over people trying to make our way through. Once we got through I just started breathing heavily like I was holding my breath. And just wanted to leave immediatly. One of the songs I recorded that touches my heart so deeply, my camera couldn't focus and I was holding it still. The other songs it focused just fine, just this one song.My friends think I judge a book by its cover. I tell them it's not true and just say "I didn't get a good vibe from them" they say I need to give people a chance. Over the past 2 years I put this theory to use and in the end I end of not liking them, and I was correct originally. Sometimes I even know why I don't like them right off the bat. They say this is why I will be forever single and not meet anyone new or new friends. But I can't help it when it's that feeling or energy from them. Same thing goes for materialistic objects like clothing, shoes, home decor, products, cars, etc.How is everyone else about this?
updated by @tigerlily: 01/11/17 02:57:53PM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
Forget what the others say about giving a chance. They do not have the innate ability to perceive things as we do and they will not understand. Trust those feelings an you will not be led astray. I get the same feelings about people. It is always right. It has come to fruition on more than one occasion that in the end everyone will see why they (the person with the bad vibe) should be avoided.One example is a guy that was hired on at my job. I immediately got a very bad vibe from him. I tried to warn everyone about him, that he would be a problem but no one listened and told me that "he seems to be nice". Well about 3 weeks of him working there he was goofing up his projects and disappearing for hours at lunchtime. Turned out that he was an alcoholic and was drinking on the job.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
I know they wont, and I tell them I just know. They think I'm stubborn. Deep down I'm a good hearted individual who cares way too much. I give everyone the chance and in the end I'm hurt, they like to think otherwise. I feel like people who I have met and genuinely liked them don't want anything to do with me, but people who have some kind of issue just latch on and I refuse to help them anymore. It drains me completely and I forget about who's most important, me.I can relate on the coworker issue, I've been opening up more to a coworker about the one who likes me. She is almost appalled with how is towards me and says he's threatened by me. I see it now because he NEVER wants to help on anything. So I just give up. But on his super depressed days he tries to talk to me. I don't anymore he can get through his own problems. I know it sounds mean but I just feel a whirlwind around me when he's around me and it seriously nauseats me and I want to faint around him.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
Yeah, it seems like I draw people with issues as well. I always wondered why....until I discovered that I am an empath. It seems that is a common occurrence. I have gotten to the point that I really don't have any friends because of the same reasons as you. As far as what others think, let them think what they will. It doesn't change who you are as a person so it really doesn't matter. Only you know the real you. Don't change your beliefs to please others. In the end you will regret that, stay true to yourself.
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
I really wish I could find other empaths in my area. I even found a group on meetup.com. when I reached out, I found out it doesn't exist anymore. Bummer!!! I just wish I didn't dislike my coworker so much, and let it go to me but it does. I'm starting to look for other jobs within the company and hoping to make good strides from there, I can't do the toxic anymore :)
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
I can definitely relate to a toxic work environment. It gets really overwhelming. I am fortunate enough to only work there as a seasonal employee. Early in the season I go in with my "shields" up but by the time tax season is over I am completely wiped out. My husband can see the changes as the season progresses. Not sure where you are in the U.S., I'm in Mo.
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Crowds aren't much of a problem. I usually stick to a certain area. Others seem to hover around me without bumping. I can look intimidating depending on the vibes.

Meeting others for the first time is rare. I usually meet through friends and family. Seen as stuck up, oh well. Like Cat Whisperer said you just have to be yourself. It can be hard.

Most times I can tell when someone is not going to get along with me. I avoid them and keep talk to a minimum. Don't want to upset them beyond what they're at. I don't bother. They'll try to get me in trouble, and after many efforts they succeed a few times. I wouldn't call it true success since it works less than 10% of the time. It's only when I decide to give up when things get at their worst.

It is strange to know how each person thinks, and what they think of you. I'm not sure what is the reason of knowing all of this, because it is annoying. At the same time I control how much I want to receive. I can shut them down at any moment.

I do believe all empaths have the ability to "disarm" the person they're against without any type of force.They'd call it a bad vibe, but it is us projecting.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Odd things do indeed happen to us. If you get a bad vibe, then listen to your intuition and stay away. Your friends do not understand your reality of the energy around you. When I am around people like them I don't share that part of my life. Unfortunately for them. Sometimes it is hard when your path or journey is leading you in another direction from your friends. Remember it isn't for them to understand. It is your journey. Your reality can't be real to them. You can't exist. Make sense?

Most of the time when I help people they have no idea I am an empath and claircognizance. I will tell you this .... I help, but I still take care of myself. I have boundaries set in place involving the helping of others.

As far as feeling things from materialistic objects I feel the energy of some stones and I always touch objects. You can catch me rubbing my hands down my thighs to wipe off the feeling. Yuck! You might check into the clairs to help you. Such as, clairvoyant, claircognizance, clairsentience, clairaudience,

Again, you are doing nothing wrong. There is nothing wrong with you. Relax and meditate. Take a deep breath. Stop being so hard on yourself. You are going in the right direction.

We lead lives full of energies, feel things deeply, have a whole other 'sense' others do not have. We are indeed fortunate. I am not sure how I would handle their 'quiet' lives.

Good hunting during your journey. You have some things to learn. If something does not make sense, then please let me know.

Love and Light!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book