How to tell your significant other?

To post a reply, login or signup

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
So, I am pretty confident that I am an empath, but i just recently found out. My boyfriend and I have been together 5 years and we have 4 kids between the 2 of us(his, mine, and ours...lol) so needless to say, i didn't really know everything about myself then. Although, the first time I saw him, my knees went weak and i knew who he was when i saw him. My friend knew him and had td me his name but i had no clue who she was talking about. But when i saw him i thought "that's him. That's the one" it was awkward because he was dating someone. We became friends though, and it was a bit of a rocky transition from him being with someone to leaving them and us being together. But i knew we had a very strong connection from the start. And I've told him this many times, but he probably just thinks I'm being romantic or something....I'm not. And he thinks I'm crazy sometimes because i will say i know something just because. I feel it, but i dont tell him that. He's a typical guy who loves sports and avoids mushiness!! So i really don't know whst to say when i finally tell him what i have discovered. It probably sounds silly, but i want a way to prove it. I mean its hard to read his emotion s occasionaly because he is so private and kind of introverted at times....any advice??
updated by @secret-blossom: 04/27/17 03:32:23AM
Maylinificent
@maylinificent
2 years ago
5 posts
Your story sounds very similar to mine. When I first met my husband I recognized his soul immediately. I knew without a doubt he would be a significant role in my life be it romantic, or friendship (he was dating someone at the time too). He isn't like your typical guy, pretty open-minded, but when I brought the empath deal he didn't really acknowledge it or recognize it. These days I don't really talk about it. I just try to use it to my advantage to figure out how he's feeling so I can give him what he needs and make him happy. I wish I could talk to him more about being an empath but in relationships you aren't going to see eye to eye on everything. So I don't try to prove it to him, i just live and let live :) :). Sorry if this wasn't much help but I felt I could relate. :)
Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
It deginitely makes me feel better that this has happened witb someone else. I'm convinced most people probably think I'm crazy because i let my feelings lead me, but its becausd it works out in the long run. I feel like this will be a toss up. I know he believes in ghosts and he loves animals. He sits there and talks to the cat and the cat looks like it answers.....sometimes i wonder if he might have a little bit of empathic abilities....if he woyldnt close himselfoff so much
Maylinificent
@maylinificent
2 years ago
5 posts

I definitely don't think my husband is an empath. He's an open-minded guy and we share a lot of the same beliefs, but he doesn't seem to care/feel about other people's emotions or be tolerant of othersif he doesn't care about them as a person. He doesn't feel the pain of others, especially strangers and enemies. He only feels this way with the people he loves. (which I don't think there is anything known as a selective empath, right?) He can be very vengeful, which I am not, I can't stand to see someone suffer.I do believe he is an old soul. He always seems to know the answers and doesn't get fooled by others easily at all. He has a built in lie detector like we do, and will not hesitate to call someone on their BS. He keeps his circle very close, and you're either with him, or against him. Great guy nonetheless and I am convinced our souls go way back.

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
Thank you Tony! That is about the best advice I've heard! I do enjoy having my own little secret, yet i am not trying to hide the way i am now that i know what I'm dealing with. And if he notices, great, and if not, that's okay, too! I think i read too many novels! Lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book