Feeling Tired All Of The Time

To post a reply, login or signup

Maylinificent
@maylinificent
2 years ago
5 posts

I'm sure many of you can relate to this, but I am constantly exhausted, and I never knew why until I newly discovered it being a symptom of the life of an empath. I mean I get 8 hours of sleepmost nights, I eat healthy (I'm type 1 diabetic so I have to), and I do yoga twice a week as exercise. I know toan extent that being an empath can affect energy levels, but does anyone have more of an explanation as to why it is so physically and mentally draining? Does anyone have any other tips as to what can help restore my energy? Like I stated, I am new to all of this, and would appreciate any feedback. Thanks for reading!

updated by @maylinificent: 03/12/17 04:16:17AM
Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
I am very new to this too. I worked i a nursing and rehab facility for around 3 years and recently quit about 3 months ago. After i did, it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders. Looki g back, i know now it was emotionally exhausting not just physically. When you get to that point in life, most peopme become an open book and i picked up everybody's energies. I felt so deeplyduring the ddeath of patients even if they had only been there a few days and i had not yet got to know them. There were so many things I felt and I was constantly tired because of all the emotions i had to process. I am a server at a restaurant. It is so much better now because I am not with the customers for longer thana minute at a time. Only some i can sense emotions. So I am curious what your line of work is?
Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

I have been feeling the exact same way Maylinificent, I have sometimes slept for 12 hours and still wake up feeling like I only slept for 2 hours or so. I also eat well, I meditate, do yoga and sometimes different cardio workouts to help boost my energy but I still just feel so tired. Also I find that my joints are super sore.

Maylinificent
@maylinificent
2 years ago
5 posts

I work as an insurance agent, so I usually do not see people all too often because we are able to handle a lot of stuff via email or phone. I still very much sense when a customer is upset, and I get a sick feeling in my stomach when this happens.

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
I sold insurance also, for a few months after i quit i nursing, but wehad to do house calls. I'm sure ypu are feeling emotions fro. The people calling. Most people looking for insurance are emotional unless it is car insurance snd such. I sold life and health so people who wanted it were not in a good emotional state and i found it hard not to feel what they felt.
Maylinificent
@maylinificent
2 years ago
5 posts
I do property and casualty and even though it may not seem like it, people are usually really frantic when they call in. Filing claims, trying to save money here and there, trying to figure out what's covered here, closing on a home and needing coverage asap etc. I always feel a sense of urgency and I can usually tell when I'm about to get a highly frantic and emotional call when the phone is ringing. I didn't really think about how mentally draining it can be until now.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
2 years ago
867 posts

These links should help you :

http://www.eliselebeau.com/empaths/empath-survival-program

Empath Web sites:

Also please make sure you get into a daily routine of centering yourself, grounding yourself, shielding yourself & cleansing yourself. The information should be in the links I provided.

You can also go to Groups & looks through the various groups for assistance.

Best wishes

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

I'm still learning about this, too.. but I think that one of the causes of our low energy levels is the sensitivity of our nervous systems. If you're like me, you're an empath and also a highly sensitive person, which means that you not only feel other people's feelings all day, but also your nervous system is more easily overwhelmed by your environment. This happens to be very draining, because we're hyperaware of everything going on around and within us.

I've heard it said that, despite getting a good night's rest, we use up our energy for the day too quickly and it doesn't last the full day (like it would for someone who wasn't an empath or highly sensitive person).

My best advice is to take a nap in the middle of the day (if you can), to make sure to do at least some exercise that gets your heart rate up three times a week, to keep eating healthy, and to keep sleeping at least 8 hours a night. Oversleeping has never helped me, but sometimes I do need 9 hours.

Also, I haven't tried this yet, but I heard eating more protein, especially before interacting with people, can help with energy.

Hope this helps! Wishing you the best :)

Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

That has happened to me a lot. I come home from walmart or fromgrocery shopping and feel soexhausted. Also when I talk to certain people I feel the same way. I've learned a few new techniques so I'm seeing how they work :)

Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

Thank you for the linkNocturne.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book