Needing Guidance

To post a reply, login or signup

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
Hi everyone! So I will tell you all what brought me here. I have always had odd tendencies to know things other people didn't know. I just thought of it as intuition, and that's what my mom called it. I had a lot of de'javu when I was a kid. But i thought it might just be a "coincidental feeling" . I feel for others very deeply, even people I don't like. I have vibrant dreams and awful mood swings for no apparent reason. I also can sense if something bad has happened to someone close to me. At times I am for sure what certain people are feeling. Other times are fuzzy. But i was brought up to have a closed mind, more so by my Father's influence. And it seems there is always a constant flow of hatred coming from him. That one I am certain of. I was diagnosed as being bipolar when I was pregnant for the first time, even though the emotional trouble started much earlier than that. But now that I have been enlightened I am not so sure that my feelings were my own. I have become very good at pushing away negative feelings because I thought they were coming from inside. I also used to be very open with people but have closed off and keep to myself because i noticed i had bettee feelings when alone. I knew i was different, but I never would have thought to look at the possibility of being an empath......until, my Aunt(in law) posted an informative article describing empaths. My curiosity was piqued, so I read it and my jaw was on the floor. It almost described me to a tee. I messaged her and asked if that could really be possible and she said yes. My mind was blown. It felt like something clicked for me, and like I finally realized how all my emotional turmoil was caused. I do not feel as sensitive as I used to be. I believe I may have formed a mental wall unintentionally, and I'm blocking things out. I am also a Christian so this is really scary for me because of the stigma that goes along with this idea. But I believe that God gives us gifts and this might be mine. And if my God can die on a cross and be raised from a tomb 3 days later, then why wouldn't this be possible? I am sorry this is solong, but I guess you could say I'm freaked out! This is something I read about in books! If anybody has some insight, I would love for you to share, because I have no idea what to do!
updated by @secret-blossom: 01/09/17 06:32:29AM
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

Hey Secret Blossom!

Sorry this reply is kinda late :/ but I wanted to say that I relate really, really well with a bunch of things you said:

-feeling for others so deeply, having better feelings when alone, "closing off" at least a little bit for protection, mood swings, intuition

Also, I'm Christian, too :) But I would never tell anyone from Church (except my family) because you're right - there is a stigma. And while seeing ourselves as empaths is not necessarily contrary to religious beliefs, it can definitely be seen as contrary.. What I wanted to say is that I 100% agree with you that being an empath doesn't contradict my religion. It actually strengthens my beliefs.

And especially because of some seemingly lesser-recognized doctrine, that Christ also suffered in the garden of gethsemane for all of humanity, before His crucifixion and resurrection.

He felt all of the pain and trials and heartache of all of our lives at once and it caused Him to bleed at every pore. To me, this helps me understand the gifts we've been given (I see them as gifts, too), because I believe it's through Him that we are given these abilities. He knows how each of us feel at any given moment, perfectly, and it amazes me that He has entrusted us with a small fraction of this for others... <3

Anyway, I hope this might help.. Never forget you're not alone! :)

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
Thank you so much for your comment Kit Kat!! It really makes me feel better to know that there is someone out there in the same type of situation as me!
KM
@km
2 years ago
90 posts

I was a bit confused by your use of the word "enlightened", because if you were talking about THE enlightenment process itself, that would have put into perspective a lot of things for you.

I would say, continue to explore and keep working on your Earthly problems, and I have a feeling things will become clearer in time.

Best Wishes!

Kit Kat
@kit-kat
2 years ago
230 posts

You're welcome! :)

water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

I know that this post was from a while ago, but I'm new here so I just saw it :)

I can definitely relate to wanting to hide my identity from the church and even from my religious family. It makes me question my faith because if the church is so exclusionary concerning things that I know to be true, isn't it missing something big about the universe and the way it works? You may have found it by now, but there is a group on here concerning being a Christian empath. The things written there do not particular resonate with me, but perhaps they will with you.

I don't know how much this has to do with being an empath, but I've always felt a strong pull to being doing something in particular. Big life decisions are usually made by this very strong tug pulling me very strongly in a particular direction. Everything tends to go much better in my life if I go in the direction of the pull, and it tends to get really messy if I don't. Growing up in a denomination that places a lot of importance on being "called" to do things, made me much more ready to go down otherwise difficult paths.

Also, I was struggling with figuring out how science, my religious beliefs, and this sort of thing fit together in middle school. I came across as series of children's stories (chapter books) by an author named Madeline L'Engle. The most famous of these stories is arguable A Wrinkle in Time. The author apparently had a Christian upbringing and somehow developed a fascination with astrophysics and quantum physics without really being a scientists. Her stories helped open me up to the idea that religion, science, and some of the things I was feeling did not need to be separate and exclusionary, but rather they can exist simultaneously. Pretty deep for a children's story, isn't it? It even has some arguably empathic characters who are never name that way and have an important place in the story. It isn't a guide or anything, just a story, but if it helped me make sense of things, it might help you too.

Secret Blossom
@secret-blossom
2 years ago
41 posts
Thank you so much. I have heard of yhat book, but never actually read it. I will have to give it a try!
lighthearted
@lighthearted
2 years ago
4 posts

I just saw this post and can really relate to most of you in this!! I am new to this site/being an empath but I am also a Christian. I agree with water lily about the religion, science, and for me spirituality fitting together for the greater good. I also loved the book "A Wrinkle in Time" and was and am a avid reader! I always was really drawn to these types of books and learned at a young age to lose myself into books to avoid my reality at home I suppose. I have always known I was here for some purpose and always talked to God bc it seemed nobody in my family could ever understand me! I also grew up with a very religious up bringing at least on my fathers side of the family but my mothers side was the complete opposite and I never really "fit in" at either place!

It was well into my 20's before I figured out exactly why I never could relate to them or understand their beliefs or ways of life. I just always felt the "pull or tug" as water lily mentioned to break away and do my own thing all alone, so I did just that and couldn't be happier. It was very scary and lonely at times but I knew God was with me all along. I recently went through my whole spiritual awakening and have never felt more of a purpose for my life and how all the hurt, trauma, pain, disappointment, and loneliness paid off for me. I am so happy I understand so much more than I ever have and I just read my bible and pray for God to guide me with my life and my purpose and his will for me and my gifts!!

I know sometimes being an empath or "burden bearer" can feel like a curse but I have always felt so much pain and loneliness in general maybe that was from being in a family that were nothing like me, or maybe no matter how much I tried to fit in I just couldn't be like them, I now know there are lots of people experiencing what I always have and I am not "crazy" or alone like I use to feel. I have always been very analytical and like to find a rhyme or reason for everything in life and spent years researching and with therapist and spiritually gifted people that have helped me tremendously, but the only way for me was trusting in God and in myself and all my own intuitive abilities I tried to tune myself out of(which just made things so much harder than they needed to be).

I recently started attending a church with my husband and kids and so far so good- I have yet to really talk to the pastor about my gifts in full detail but I have been able to share some of how I found God again and he is the most non- judgmental and open minded pastor I have ever met! So I just take it day by day and pray God will show me every step on my life journey. I hope this helps you I know this website has been very uplifting to me for the most part. I also found the Christian Empaths page very inspiring to me. God bless you all!! :)

water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

Thanks for sharing lighthearted! This sounds like the story of my life with a few minor changes; it is nice to know you are not alone in your struggles. What is the denomination of the church you now attend? If I can find one in my area, I'd like to check it out. I keep going to different kinds of churches, but nothing quite feels right.

lighthearted
@lighthearted
2 years ago
4 posts

It just amazes me how many times I read posts that just seem so similar to my own life experiences on here -it has been such a blessing to me. The church I am attending is an independent Baptist church, however I have attended other Baptist churches that there is no way I ever fit in or wanted to go back. I was led to this one or I should say to this pastor by God. I was very apprehensive about even going but I started out by attending some of his private bible study groups with some mutual friends of mine and I liked the way he explained things to us and how he relates to his members and doesn't hold him self higher up than us. He also has a good way of explaining to us how the bible relates to everyday life and he mostly sticks with the new testament and that was something I have always wanted and looked for with a church and pastor. I do realize this is an area I am really drawn to know more about for now and I'm not sure how long it will last, but like I said I just leave God in control and take it day by day. I do love that my kids are attending and learning about the LOVE of God bc I felt like growing up in a religious family I only learned about God's wrath and how to fear God and I am certain that is not the message he intended for me. God is a loving God and after Christ was sent here we were shown that in the New Testament of the Bible so I just focus on those chapters mostly. I hope you can find somewhere you feel comfortable to go like I have but like I said I am trusting God on my journey and I know he is in my heart, so no matter where I am he is always with me and I don't have to attend a church to believe or feel him in my life!! God bless :)

water_lily
@water-lily
2 years ago
90 posts

Thanks for the information :) I was raised conservative baptist and I experience a lot of what you described. I'll keep trying to listen and go where I am led :)

Bella Heart
@bella-heart
2 years ago
15 posts
Hello!I just want to say that it's good to see that there are other Christians here that acknowledge that they are empaths, I just found out as well that I'm an empath a few months back, I also go to an independent baptist church, I'm also trying to put together how all these relate to each other, I also believe that it is a gift from God, still learning how to control it.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book