Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts

Hey Secret Blossom!

Sorry this reply is kinda late :/ but I wanted to say that I relate really, really well with a bunch of things you said:

-feeling for others so deeply, having better feelings when alone, "closing off" at least a little bit for protection, mood swings, intuition

Also, I'm Christian, too :) But I would never tell anyone from Church (except my family) because you're right - there is a stigma. And while seeing ourselves as empaths is not necessarily contrary to religious beliefs, it can definitely be seen as contrary.. What I wanted to say is that I 100% agree with you that being an empath doesn't contradict my religion. It actually strengthens my beliefs.

And especially because of some seemingly lesser-recognized doctrine, that Christ also suffered in the garden of gethsemane for all of humanity, before His crucifixion and resurrection.

He felt all of the pain and trials and heartache of all of our lives at once and it caused Him to bleed at every pore. To me, this helps me understand the gifts we've been given (I see them as gifts, too), because I believe it's through Him that we are given these abilities. He knows how each of us feel at any given moment, perfectly, and it amazes me that He has entrusted us with a small fraction of this for others... <3

Anyway, I hope this might help.. Never forget you're not alone! :)

KM
KM
@km
3 years ago
90 posts

I was a bit confused by your use of the word "enlightened", because if you were talking about THE enlightenment process itself, that would have put into perspective a lot of things for you.

I would say, continue to explore and keep working on your Earthly problems, and I have a feeling things will become clearer in time.

Best Wishes!

Kit Kat
Kit Kat
@kit-kat
3 years ago
232 posts

You're welcome! :)

water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
3 years ago
90 posts

I know that this post was from a while ago, but I'm new here so I just saw it :)

I can definitely relate to wanting to hide my identity from the church and even from my religious family. It makes me question my faith because if the church is so exclusionary concerning things that I know to be true, isn't it missing something big about the universe and the way it works? You may have found it by now, but there is a group on here concerning being a Christian empath. The things written there do not particular resonate with me, but perhaps they will with you.

I don't know how much this has to do with being an empath, but I've always felt a strong pull to being doing something in particular. Big life decisions are usually made by this very strong tug pulling me very strongly in a particular direction. Everything tends to go much better in my life if I go in the direction of the pull, and it tends to get really messy if I don't. Growing up in a denomination that places a lot of importance on being "called" to do things, made me much more ready to go down otherwise difficult paths.

Also, I was struggling with figuring out how science, my religious beliefs, and this sort of thing fit together in middle school. I came across as series of children's stories (chapter books) by an author named Madeline L'Engle. The most famous of these stories is arguable A Wrinkle in Time. The author apparently had a Christian upbringing and somehow developed a fascination with astrophysics and quantum physics without really being a scientists. Her stories helped open me up to the idea that religion, science, and some of the things I was feeling did not need to be separate and exclusionary, but rather they can exist simultaneously. Pretty deep for a children's story, isn't it? It even has some arguably empathic characters who are never name that way and have an important place in the story. It isn't a guide or anything, just a story, but if it helped me make sense of things, it might help you too.

water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
3 years ago
90 posts

Thanks for sharing lighthearted! This sounds like the story of my life with a few minor changes; it is nice to know you are not alone in your struggles. What is the denomination of the church you now attend? If I can find one in my area, I'd like to check it out. I keep going to different kinds of churches, but nothing quite feels right.

water_lily
water_lily
@water-lily
3 years ago
90 posts

Thanks for the information :) I was raised conservative baptist and I experience a lot of what you described. I'll keep trying to listen and go where I am led :)

Bella Heart
Bella Heart
@bella-heart
3 years ago
15 posts
Hello!I just want to say that it's good to see that there are other Christians here that acknowledge that they are empaths, I just found out as well that I'm an empath a few months back, I also go to an independent baptist church, I'm also trying to put together how all these relate to each other, I also believe that it is a gift from God, still learning how to control it.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book