Empath is love possible?

To post a reply, login or signup

electra
@electra
2 years ago
3 posts

I'm 42 and I have finally met my soulmate, the love of my life and I finally thought after all the heartache over the years and having my heart ripped to shreds, I was finally getting my happily ever after. I felt I deserved it , I spend so much time helping others using my gift I never refuse anyone, no problem is too big or too small, I have put myself through the ringer taking on other peoples emotions.

So to the point of my post, this guy finds my emotions and love to much and has backed away, now me being me is pursuing him, when if I was giving advice to me I would say give him space!!!

I know he loves me too, he just finds me difficult to understand, however, I'm now beginning to wonder whether empaths ever get a happy ever after.

I'm so fed up I've spent the last 6 years alone as being in love freaks me out, but the universe brought me this guy and the synchronicity is unbelievable, but they don't make it easy for me, so this is the straw that broke the camels back - now I'm so fed up and unhappy I don't want to help anyone anymore, I feel why should I ?? When I was finally happy and it was taken away from me

So please if anyone can help me get back on track I'd be everso grateful

anyone has love and happiness please tell me so I can believe it is possible

thank you

Electra

updated by @electra: 03/28/17 06:22:24AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

Not sure if this will help?

Pretty early in my spiritual development I was told that I can 'hand over' negative emotions (to creation; and and ask for their safe disposal/ rehabilitation). A bit like EFT, but you make sure that the released negativities do not just float about and potentially attach to s.o. else.

I have been doing that ever since - it is pretty much second nature by now. I hand over everything that makes me unhappy. If I e.g. meet s.o. and I get anxious - 'Is he going to like me?'; 'Is he going to call me?' etc, etc - I hand it over. Usually the 'in-love' feeling vanishes with this process quickly too - so I am not all too sure it is 'real' in the first place. (obviously infatuation is usually not 'unconditional divine love')

I have been single for more than 10 years - and I am happy! What has helped me too is, that I have come to understand for myself, that I am individualized divine spirit - as such I am 'whole'! I used to believe in Hollywood and thought I could only ever be happy if I find my other 'half'. Now I believe/ know that that is bull.... Do not get me wrong - if I meet a dream guy, or a few - great, but I would prefer to meet another 'whole' person. We can make a new 'whole' - and should we move apart again, we will be our own wholes again (no splitting up trauma necessary.... )

In the past often I might meet a guy and be attracted, but when trying to build a connection - and they were atheist - our energies would just clash. They were incapable to be with someone 'light', true intimacy and feeling ONE were not possible with them yet. Still things seem to be shifting - there is more and more guys who do discover spirituality - so my wandering by myself days might be numbered. But again - I quiet enjoy being by myself too - he/ they would have to be pretty special....

I wish you loads of Happiness!!! Remember - you are individualized Divine Spirit - as such you ARE - Happiness, Love, Wisdom, etc....

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I never really believed in happily ever after or finding a soulmate. I mean ... really? Lust can be a wonderful thing. Yet, when the lust and wonder dies down and you look at each other do you even actually like this person?

Being an empath I attract needy possible mates. Definite dudes. They bored me and hurt me. While I loved them as an empath and would have helped them it wasn't fulfilling and they would still bore me. Plus, to be honest I was doing the same thing over again and nothing was changing. On top of that I could not be me. And, I like me. Could I have told them I am an empath? Not a single one of them. Now to the happy stuff. Thank goodness! I was bring myself down.

I had given up when I met my husband. It was so odd. We felt a connection. I was shocked. We both hoped. From the moment we met we felt as though we had always known each other. (I know, corny.) Does that mean we don't disagree sometimes. Sure. We are too much alike. We are both rather bossy, so he is bossy on somethings and I am bossy with other things. He supports my uniqueness. When he is gone I feel as though a part of me is missing. Seriously. I never would have believed it, but it happened to me. He is my happily ever after. Not perfect, but who would want that?

I have never been one of those 'clingy' sort of people, (I mean, please.) but with my husband I am very much so. We touch each other a lot. I have asked him if he feels overwhelmed by me. He states he likes it, because he is the same way. Our energies touch and it is soothing. A nice bonus.

At times I think empaths jump in with both feet where others fear to tread. We recognize a need. The other person comes first. Plus, we have an amazing capacity for love. Not everyone does. They don't know what they are missing.

Please give yourself some time. When you least expect it, then there it will be. I am sincerely sorry, but just because he is your soulmate doesn't mean he will be in your life during this lifetime.

There is hope and I am proof. Like you my husband and I believe we deserve each other. He says life with me will never be boring. I intend to keep it that way.

Don't give up. Look to the light, meditate, ask for guidance. Take care of you. You never know what could happen when you open the door.

Love and Light

electra
@electra
2 years ago
3 posts

Thank you everyone for replying to me, I know I'm behaving like a child, but patience isn't one of my virtues!!! Good energy healing I especially like what you said about being a divine spirit, I have spent most of my adult life living alone and I prefer my own company to anyone else. And that maybe the answer, the love of my life will turn out to be me!!! It would be nice to get married and settle down though and I will not give up on that idea.

Krosskelt I especially like what you said about being like a drug, I feel this guys presence more than I have ever before with anyone, so I will take your advice and give him space, thats hard but I will try!

Once again thank you all for taking the time to write back to me, I feel a little less alone tonight xx

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
It is possible. You just have to find someone that is compatible with you. You're unique, even as an empath, so it may take a lot of time. Don't rush it. I wouldn't look forward to it either. Moments happen when you least expect them to, even if you can see into the future. That is what I have learned at least. I'm single because I am far too picky. I could have any woman but I'm looking for new adventures.
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I know an empath who is deeply in love with her partner and vice versa. They are pure light and love wit one another. So yes, I think it's possible. I want to be more hopeful for you and for all those who are looking for it but I'm not sure if it is possible for everyone.

Engageme
@engageme
2 years ago
32 posts

Since I'm late to the discussion, I'd like to know how it went? Were you able to give him space? how did it work out?

I know your struggle-I am very impatient and have to sit on my hands to stop myself from being impulsive. At times I've decided to fold the cards rather than wait for the outcome because of my fear of the outcome.

electra
@electra
2 years ago
3 posts

Well I only wrote this yesterday, but for a whole day I've resisted contacting him!!!! And yes sitting on my hands is probably a good plan!!! I'm trying to stay positive, I've just started a new business so have been keeping myself busy with that.

I think partly the reason for all the upset, is I rarely am attracted to anyone, I'd rather be alone for the right reasons than with someone for the wrong ones, and having said that the older I get the more choosy I get, when I met him the first thing he did was hug me, and I said why did you do that and he said "because it felt right!" and normally I go mad if anyone gets in my personal space, unless I've invited them in, but it felt liked I had hugged him a thousand times!!!

Engageme
@engageme
2 years ago
32 posts

awww! that sounds right to me! I can tell you I've had times where I met someone and at first i was so into them but then I started feeling overwhelmed and felt the need to distance myself a bit. Once I got that breathing room I was able to process all of my feelings in a safe way for me and I was then able to delve back into the relationship. It sounds like he's a bit of an empath too and maybe overwhelmed by his feelings. Keep us updated! I hope it goes well for you both.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book