Empath or something else?

To post a reply, login or signup

AnneRose
@annerose
2 years ago
19 posts

This story begins with a dream house, we had always rented and finally were financially able to buy a house and we began looking. We saw a sign and drove into the neighborhood, I loved it. We set up an appointment to view the house and after walking in I knew this is where I was suppose to be. It was the first house we looked at and I was done. After moving in neighbors started adding me as a friend on FB. Some I met in person other's I still haven't really gotten to know and it's been 3 years. About a year after we moved in I noticed that one of my friends belonged to a FB group for a Christian paranormal group. I sent her a message asking if it would be ok if I joined, I did not want to step on anyone's turf. She welcomed me in and we started talking and quickly became friends. The paranormal group had a chance to go to a bed and breakfast for an investigation a few hours away and we both jumped at the chance to go. It was during that weekend that I began to realize that something wasn't quite right. The team leader asked me if I was tired, he said I looked like I was tired. I have always been able to see things, spirits, I see, feel, hear, and have been touched on numerous occasions, there was a lot of activity that weekend but nothing happened for me when she was around. We shared a room in the most haunted room in the place and nothing happened. On the first full day we were there I had to literally get up and walk outside to shake an awful feeling I had coming from her, it was jealously, I didn't understand it then, that was before I began to realize I am an empath, I just knew she was making me feel awful. It was like I was angry but didn't know why I was angry. After coming home I noticed how drained I was and started paying attention to how I felt after a visit with her. Once I figured out my gifts I realized she was actually draining me of my energy. She claims to be an empath but I am not fully sure what she is.

A quick rundown of her personality.........

She is a hypochondriacand claims many ailments, she uses these ailments to gain pity and feels that that pity makes friendships, she uses her friends to get things she wants, child care, someone to sit with her when she is depressed, I have even ran to the drug store for her when she was so sick she couldn't get out of bed. She also uses her friends for validation, she manipulates them into agreeing with her and she is really good at it, or at least she was.

I had began to pull away from her months before a major fall out, slowly phasing her out. Then one day she got rather snarky with me and few other people online. I am not someone who calls people out on things, mainly because I always come out feeling awful, which I can now blame on the empath abilities because I am feeling what they are feeling as if I am feeling it which even knowing this doesn't make it any easier to call someone out. But this time I did and realized that she does not like being disagreed with and covets her validation with seriousness. It went from me telling her I felt she was being rude to her calling me stupid. I cut off the friendship in it's entirety but she seems to be constantly there, in front of me. She lives only 4 doors up the street and we belong to several of the same FB groups, one of which is for our HOA. I can't block her because it will make it confusing in the groups. Because of this she is able to poke at me and she does quite frequently. But that's not the bad part, sometimes I feel myself getting angry and she is there in the forefront of that anger and I don't understand it because although it annoys me that she does the things she does I tend to let it roll of with some laughter. So why the angry, I am wondering if she is projecting it towards me. She can't live without her validation, if someone doesn't tell her that how she feels is correct she will spend 3 days in bed, I kid you not, I have seen it happen, remember that trip to the drug store, that was due to another neighbor yelling at her for going to fast and not everyone she talked to agreed with her.

So anyway, I am left wondering if she is an empath or could she be something else? Can empaths be negative? Can she literally suck all the positive energy out of me and turn it into something negative? And can she project her anger towards me from up the street?

updated by @annerose: 02/05/17 02:41:47AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

An empath is someone who can tap into the energy of another person, that doesn't mean they are positive and have good intentions. The ability to connect with another is simply an ability, the intention behind the action is a whole other matter. People like this woman are known as energy vampires and they can drain energy. Whether we're talking about draining or projecting anger, it doesn't matter where she is. This is about energy so the physical location doesn't matter.

Roxanne
@roxanne
2 years ago
1,562 posts

social media makes it so hard to walk away from relationships that just don't work anymore. The other person's business somehow keeps flashing across your screen and draws you back into their drama, pulling scabs off a healing wound.
In this case, she also lives so close making it even harder. This isn't an easy suggestion, but just stop caring because that is her way in. Empaths also tend to feel they are being rude when they are asserting healthy boundaries. We need to forget all that self-sabatoging brain noise and just let go of our attachments to what they think or care about us.
If there is a way to visibly block her social media feed, because I would do that too. Good Luck reclaiming your personal space.

AnneRose
@annerose
2 years ago
19 posts

You guys have actually commented a lot of things I and my husband have both thought and said, we have gone over and over this, he's a great listener and is my balance, he keeps me grounded, my true soul mate. Your words have validated a lot of what I have myself thought. It has given me more to think about and is pushing my decision to block her out completely as far as social media, I have fears of doing that because it may prompt a personal visit.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book