Meditation

To post a reply, login or signup

Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts

I have always been able to meditate but amnow finding new levels of meditation and some of these are very deep.

I want to pose the question at what point would deep become dangerous?

Taking this clinicalthought to it's conclusion it is theoretically possible to leave this body and it is only the will to return to thephysical bodythat bringsme back into reality aswe know it. If I was to decide I like the altered reality more, "this is in effect losing the will to live." Therefore this is the point that "deep meditation" becomes "dangerous."

============================================

To take away the clinical and scientific analysis and accept the way things are without question.

To walk in both worlds requires no distraction, if I lived in a cave with no one around me and had no predators then leaving this plateau and walking in another would present no problem. This would mean that I can go as deep asI like without fearor trepidation, the human body can endure much punishment eg: lack of food, refreshment, lack of musclemovement, lack of mental stimulation, both the mind and body would adopt coping strategies and within reason would remain alive for me to return to.

The point at which it becomes dangerous is the point at which the physical body breaks down, so this would be the point that it becomes dangerous.

=============================================

We have all fallen asleep and had a sharp awakening but this is just falling asleep and the quick awakening has left us with a racing heart and a split second of fear. If I didn't trust my guides I would not meditate in the open spaces thatI do eg: The Forest, The Park, The Riverside. What would happen if I got it wrong? What would happen if whilst walking on a different plateau something did disturb my physical body? How deep is dangerous?

updated by @bruce: 01/23/17 07:20:16PM
Amaya
@amaya
7 years ago
301 posts
Hi Bruce,There have been stories in many spiritual traditions about this topic. Shamanism is one tradition that seems to have a mountain of writings on the subject available.Your question about the will to live is, I think, a most valid point. My uncle has the ability to meditate so deeply that his breathing will actually stop for what would seem to be a dangerously long time. He has had major dental work performed on him while he has been in this state, as an alternative to receiving anesthetic. Yogis in India can stop their own hearts with meditation and keep them stopped for extended periods without causing damage to their physical bodies. As far as I know, these yogis can't or don't maintain this state for more than, say, a week, so it would seem that your point about the breakdown of the body is reasonable.I don't do deep meditation myself because I personally don't see the point in it. In my limited experience with astral projection, my understanding is that the spirit always maintains a tether to the physical body, and will snap back (sometimes unpleasantly quickly) if the physical body is threatened. The body is a remarkable device, and instinct will generally protect you. If it were me, I would not enter a very deep meditation in an unsecured area. The Indian Yogis, if I recall it correctly, sometimes do these deep meditations in coffin-like enclosures so that their bodies will not be disturbed.So, to sum up, astral projection in unsecured places is probably fine. Deep meditation should take place behind locked doors.Cheers,Amaya
Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts
Hi Irene, I don't know if I know the difference. I used to think I did but now the two seem to run fairly parallel with each other.The other obvious question is meditation/astral/shapeshifting or source meditation.
Bruce
@bruce
7 years ago
207 posts
I have not done anaesthetic since pre-teens dental/facial surgery and minor surgery is purely procedural. My wife says when I meditate my breathing is shallow when I sleep I snore ha ha ha ha she has frequently slept in the spare room rather than disturb me.Thanks Amayanamaste

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book