new.

To post a reply, login or signup

strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
2 years ago
17 posts

I'm new to all of this, to be quite honest the admission of calling myself an 'empath' is strange. It feels right deep down in my soul because I've always known there was something different about me. Not in a negative or egotistical way. Just in a, this is what it is, kind of way. Anyways, I ran across this article & found it helpful not just for an empath but people in general. The concept is very much a healing one that I identify with very much. It resembles some shielding technique as well :) Enjoy.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/07/01/who-is-hooked-into-your-aura-learn-to-clear-negative-cords-release-self-sabotage/

updated by @stugglebunny: 01/18/17 09:03:45PM
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
Great article! Thank you for sharing!!!I recently read and have heard that buy writing out everything on paper and then burning the papers and old pictures from previous relationships helps break that chord.
Charlotte Blue
@charlotte-blue
2 years ago
32 posts

Hi, Anna! I'm new too and feel the same way about suddenly using a label for who I am. I've always known I was different and felt kind of freakish in some ways. A couple years ago, I ran across some articles on Empaths and related to them very strongly. I thought a lot about it and kept reading about the subject. But only a few days ago did I really understand, through a series of events and feelings, that it's who I am. It's freeing and overwhelming all at once. So I came here to be among those who understand, so I can learn to embrace myself, my purpose in life and others like me. I'm finally starting to feel at peace, though so intent on processing it all. I loved this article you posted! As with everything that is falling into place for me now, I'm seeing all the components with new eyes. This cording thing makes so much sense and I'm going to delve into it further. Thank you!!

strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
2 years ago
17 posts
So glad you commented... I've felt very weird saying I'm an empath. It's hard to talk to my friends about it because they don't relate. It's another level of awareness I must accept so the right people can enter into my life. Letting go of the people who don't understand or might judge me for it is what I know in my heart is the thing to do, for me anyways. I'm learning that by accepting who I am on the inside will bring the positive lights (people) in my life, that will accept me for who I am & in turn continue me on my spiritual journey. Although it's overwhelming & freeing what's helping me is being able to come here & express my true feelings. Then people like you comment & I have a feeling of belonging :) again thanks so much for the comment.
Charlotte Blue
@charlotte-blue
2 years ago
32 posts

I feel the same way! I haven't told anyone in my family yet for all the reasons you mentioned. While I'm still trying to process it myself (in the middle of visiting family and so many constant activities). It's like I just want to stop for a little bit and catch my breathe, but I can't. I'm not sure how it's been for you, but I'm guessing you have also been advised to "toughen up" your whole life and wondered why you couldn't. Well now we know. That's what I'm afraid of. But you're right - it will be a process of weeding out and opening up to a new way of thinking. I just had a situation where I had to honor myself and say "no" to negativity, chaos and manipulation - behavior I would normally have tolerated, even though it hurts me. I will tell my daughter first as she will be the most likely to understand. When she was little, I overheard her say to one of her friends, "I think my Mom was an animal in another life, because animals always seem to like her." I always felt like she understood me in ways my husband didn't. But he is seeing that I am working very hard to be kinder to myself and keep negativity away. So hopefully . . . Back to the cording . . . I think we can sometimes stay connected to the negative hurtful people to prove that we're strong and are going to be ok in spite of whatever is hurled at us. But the freeing thing is that we really don't have to do that. We have the choice to bypass it all in many cases. Thank you so much for connecting. It's good to find another newbie who is just as wide-eyed about all this as I am! Take care!! :)

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
I haven't told really any of my friends or family either. They wouldn't understand. The 2 I have told think they are the same, and it's like "um it's not like that" lol. I feel like once you accept the gift and understand it more it really just grows and develops. I live in the city and this whole year I've been learning more who I am, and living in a big city is starting to just exhaust me from the energy. I'm still learning to shield but it's hard since I want to help others. But we have to remember in the end ourself is what matters the most, and those around us can fix their own problems. :) At least for me, everyone always wants mw to fix their problems and I cant. I have my own lol.
Charlotte Blue
@charlotte-blue
2 years ago
32 posts

Thank you, Tiger Lily! I think you're right that we just need to accept and understand it more so we can feel at peace about who we are. I'm that "fixer" type person too, which we know is very exhausting. More and more, I am moving away from trying to fix negativity and also more toward taking care of myself. It's hard to change when our whole lives seem pointed toward others. And when we try, those who count on us staying in the same roles are going to react in negative ways. I constantly have to remind myself, "Hey! You didn't do one thing wrong. You're just behaving in a healthy manner now and it feels foreign. Yes, too much "City" vexes my spirit too. Or too much activity or socializing without enough down time in between. And now I know it's not really about being extroverted or introverted. It's this. I can't believe what a relief it is to not feel like I have to be someone else anymore. I've spent my whole life feeling bad because I couldn't just "snap out of " my sensitivities. I don't understand about "shielding" yet. This whole set of terminology is like a brand new language to me. Best of luck on your journey. It's so good to talk to others who understand. :)

TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
Girl, as much as I try and stay away from helping those negative depressed people and just worry about me, I slip lol. I've been through alot in my life and no one wanted to help me but my parents. When I think about that, then I realize these others can get through it as well w/out me as I did. They don't even listen to my advice or how to resorces around so why should I even bother and then feel depressed like them and spend my energy thinking "was that their feelings or mine as to why I'm sad depressed now." Having a tough cookie attitude helps me and walking with blinders to push that that negativity aside. But those in dire need of my help know how to find a crack, and take my positive happy attitude and make themselves cozy. Like a bug finding that crack in a house and getting in and telling their bug friends. Until you find that crack n fix it, they keep coming lol.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book