Wanting Your Thoughts!

To post a reply, login or signup

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I have started a website for empaths. It is colorful and I put in things, such as animals, pictures of flowers and the outdoors, quotes to make you smile and think. On it is the latest information and studies on empaths and others who have gifts. One section is about books and another section on coping with our special gifts.

What I am not doing is trying to sell you a book I wrote or call me with an issue. Not that there is anything wrong with it. I have gotten some great information from them and in some cases guide you to their sites.

My goal is to have one place with information in which you find of interest. One place you can go for books, studies, the latest information and to just smile. (I would really like to ask you to check out the website and give your opinion, but I do believe I that would be against policy of this forum.)

I would like your thoughts on what you would like to see on this type of website. I want to make sure I am doing what we, as empaths, need to see.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. They could be about colors, quotes, latest studies, books, coping skills. Information you would want to see. Should I put in humor? Please take a moment to share your thoughts.

Thank you for reading and I sincerely look forward to hearing your ideas.

updated by @chay: 03/29/17 10:46:04PM
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you for responding. I enjoy music. It is one of my coping skills, so I will definitely see what I can do.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Gene,

Thank you for responding. Type in 'empathness' and my website should come up. I want it to be a place where empaths and others can access to find information. A kind of one stop shop.

If you have the time to look at it, then I would appreciate it. Also, any ideas. I take constructive criticism quite well.

Chay

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you so much! Under the books section you will find books on being an empath and how to handle it. I will add some more. I am trying to expand the website. I have people visiting, but not staying. I am working on it.

Love and Light

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you. I am getting people to the site, but they aren't staying. I am trying different things to see if that makes a difference. To be honest I hope it gets to the point that the site is doing so well that I can quit work and do it full time. Being in a group of people each day is getting harder, but I am handling. I enjoy being around people. It actually energizes me, but when I get home I have to heal or rejuvenate to do it again tomorrow.

You are fabulous! Again, thanks for the input. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
This is a bit strange but immediately changing your work clothes to your home clothes should help remove those energies. Even after a bad day at work, once I've changed to something more regular I feel a bit better. Could just be me.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! No, it isn't just you. I do feel better after I change clothes. I didn't even think about it. I am glad you pointed it out.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I will definitely try that. Thank you!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Chay,

I just spent about an hour at your website. I hope you meant what you said, because as an INFJ, you know I tell it like it is.

First, I LOVE the content, which is why I am sticking my neck out here and risking pissing you off. There is so much really, really interesting stuff I could spend a month there and never get bored. I almost did, and that is the only problem. In fact, my butt is numb from sitting here, lol.

I noticed a lot about the MBTI. I am betting you are a P type for sure. As a strong J type, I was frustrated by not knowing what was coming, having to scroll forever to find what was there, and once I clicked on an interesting link and came back to find myself all the way at the top again. It took five minutes to scroll back to where I had been. P types don't notice the clock, but J's do, and I was thinking about having to do that every time I visited the site to find something I'd noticed before all over again. So, in one word, I would say the only problem is ORGANIZATION. Maybe you can get a J type who is good at web sites to do it for you. :-)

I would love to see all that great info split up into shorter categories for people to click on like:

1. Animal photography

2. MBTI info

3. Wicca

4. Articles on being an empath

5. Quotes and wise observations

......and so on.

That incredibly long scroll is the only problem I see, but it was frustrating, since the content of your site is FABULOUS. I will definitely go back, but only when I have a lot of extra time to scroll to find things. I really appreciate your efforts to put so much good info in one place.

with loving intent,

Cheshire Cat

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I so appreciate you! I am working on better organization, so you have given me some good ideas. I was speaking to my twin about how I needed to reorganize it, because pages are so long.

I ask because I needed exactly what you gave me. I will start working on it! I have added categories (drop down menus), but will add more to make it more simplified and look into archiving. Not sure about that. I like the idea of splitting into shorter categories. I will let you know, okay?

I had PTSD for about 4 1/2 years, so I added that in case it could help someone.

ENTJ with high intuition. My life is never boring. LOL

You are great! Love and light!

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Hi Chay,

I am also diagnosed with PTSD, from a car accident at which I was declared dead on the scene. Oops! Someone made a big mistake there. I've never had flashbacks though, so as a Psychiatric Social Worker, I doubt the diagnosis. I do have brain damage from it though and it makes riding in heavy traffic overwhelming and anxiety producing, but that is not the same as PTSD. I am very glad you overcame it.

I was just giving examples of possible categories, not trying to list therm all. You also had a lot of beautiful outer space photos too, for example, that could go in one category. I also thought "Sayings you'd like to see on a Tee shirt" would be another good one, since I kept thinking of how I would like a tee shirt with that saying on it when reading some of those clever/deep quotes.

I thought I knew MBTI, but would never have guessed you were a J, so I am humbled. I was sure you were an EN, and looking back on some of the articles and philosophy on the site, I can see the T type now. Maybe the average P would have thought about and imagined a website, but not followed through with all the organizing work just to set it up, so I may have been too quick to judge....there's that J again!

Are you a strong J? J is my strongest function at 72%, so I am that annoying, compulsive person who can't sit and look at a crooked picture on the wall without getting up to straighten it, lol. I don't usually think of T types as having high intuition either. Very interesting! You are quite unique, but I already knew that when I saw your colorful avatar. :-)

Can't wait to see the end results......

Cheshire Cat, INFJ with a big mouth that hangs around even after the rest of me disappears

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Hi Chay,

What I have read so far on your site I have really enjoyed and I have found extremely helpful - it has shed some light for me on some things that I have wondered about for a long time and I am grateful to you for having given me the answers to some of my most perplexing questions:)

There is so much fascinating info on there and I am not finished yet, so I have to keep reading...

Thank You,

Equus Aquarius

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I am taking the advise of the Cheshire Cat and making the site more user friendly.

I was raised on a horse ranch. It was wonderful being around all the horses and colts each summers.

I really appreciate your letting me know the site has helped you. It is my hope it will do that for a lot of people. Hopefully, I will be able to work on it full time soon.

Love and light!

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Just checked it out, I like it!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book