Loving an empath.

To post a reply, login or signup

Marcel
@marcel
2 years ago
2 posts

Dear wonderful people of this forum,

I stumbled over this forum while googling for things that could help my partner. She is an extreme empath and suffers quite tremendously from it and the repercussion its has on her mind. I will try to paint a picture for you and see what you have to say. We met roughly half a year ago online. We fell in love. We are planning a future together because we feel like soulmates. I am not an empath, I am an emphatic person who can pick up vibes and emotions more like other, but I dont have to LIVE them in the extreme way she has to. Not even close. I am just what idiots would call "normal". Whatever that is. She opened up to me gradually because she has been burned and hurt oh so many times. Especially by good old mom who is just the worst person, abusing her mentally where- and whenever she can.

It started with her telling me about the "bad feelings" she sometimes gets when she knows something is about to happen. Like she told me one morning she had one of those feelings and I should be careful only to later tell me her biological daughter living with her brother (a story for another time) got hit by a car and broke her arm. She is fine btw. But this really gave me the chills and I am already open for those things, those connections.

Added to being extremely susceptible to other peoples feelings there is a level of connectedness to other peoples minds and spirits that is getting strange and for me unknown and dangerously sounding. She lives in the US, just graduated an Ivy League School with a full ride but she has old world roots. Half portugues, half greek, with Alabanian roots. Her nonna, grandmother, is also a wise woman, still living in Albania and trying to help her with what is going on right now.as a girl she grew up here and there. portugal, greece and for a horrible while in kosovo in the nineties, when the US would bomb the country and serbian troops committed unspeakable atrocities. Nonna was the only one she could talk to about this.she told me she had a little imaginary friend in kosovo she played with, a lovely little girl. one day she came to her grandmother and the grandmother said she could actually see and feel the girl. they went to a neighboring city and the grandmother pointed to a woman on a market. said that woman had lost her little girl a couple of years before. my gf felt a tug on her hand and never saw her friend again. over the year this ability grew weaker and eventually disappeared.

seven months ago a horrible thing happened to my girlfriend and i think the trauma brought all back, like some thick shell broke open and her "gift" came out again, stronger than ever. the emotions of other people are like an open book to her. she told me about a customer she had and that she could feel that she had a miscarriage, she could tell me the exact day it happened.

on top of it, spirits now find and cling to her. she was super reluctant to tell me this, naturally, fearing I could think she is mentally ill. but I dont. all your stories and different accounts and my love to her make me believe so strongly in what she is saying.

she lives in a old building and tells me about a family she hears in her head. mom, dad, two girls. she can hear giggles. but it all changes when he is around. he is abusive and malicious. whispers to my girlfriend. there was actually an incident when we writing on Skype and she was being weird. not really reacting to what i said. wishing me a nice evening. and I kept on asking what was up. and she told me "the man doesn't want me to talk to you" i have goosebumps while writing this. and then she had to leave the apartment and she was normal again.

but it got a worse

i am in contact with her roommate. together we try to make her feel better, care for her and be together with her. she is a depressed person and in intensive therapy. but in 90% of the time a cheerful and wonderful woman that I love more than I ever loved someone.

she told that some nights ago she heard her outside the bedroom. standing on the top of the stairs of the basement (where she told me the girls would hide when the abusive father was there. she heard her say: it is going to be alright, dont be scared. her roommate is irish catholic, rosary grabbing and the whole deal. she told my girlfriend: come to bed. and my girlfriend would tell her, in an unusually deep and growly and menacing voice: No. she sent her boyfriend to look after her and my girlfriend would walk past him on the stairs without taking notice of him. i told her that and she was frightened to death, had no recollection of that. ...

she needs help. and not in the sense of a doctor. she is getting treatment for her depression, attends therapy and willing to work to get better. but the whole thing with feelings peoples emotions and having the voices of spirits in her mind is just too much for her.

I know, I have rambled. But I still hope some of you will read this and tell me their opinion on what they think is going on and how she could proceed and what I could do. there is so much more details to this story that is too much to go into, but I hope I could paint a picture. Please know I love her and I will stick with her, always believe her and not let anything happen to her. I just am an analytical mind and want to know what can be done. It is overwhelming for her so I thought I just go and do some research. are there people she could talk to who maybe experience the same thing? what do they do to protect themselves?

Best wishes,

A loving and believing boyfriend.

updated by @marcel: 03/29/17 10:50:33PM
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

I agree with Vicky, and think she is in need of daily grounding, aura clearing and a strong shield.

There is an empath survival program on the home page here she can learn a lot from.

I got my shield from a YouTube video, since I was being attacked by interdimensionals and needed a very, very strong one. Whatever shield technique she feels comfortable with is best.

I would also suggest a strong protection crystal for her to wear or carry, maybe black tourmaline. She can check out our Tools of Empaths group for more info on various crystals, since she should pick one that feels good to her.

She is stronger than any of these entities, as Vicky said. She only needs to know this and practice grounding, clearing and shielding. It takes me five minutes each morning and has helped immensely. She may also want to clear that place she lives with some sage and then salt the perimeter to make that violent family move on. This is an easy ritual you can do.

Thank you so much for being there for her. A lot of us would love it if there were more men in the world like you! My husband also believes me, mostly because he has seen me read people and seen minute details of what I've said confirmed later on, but I've had to do all the work on these attacks myself, because it is my problem.

Along those lines, I would encourage you to have her come and join us here along with you. Seeing for herself she is not alone in these experiences could be a great help.

Marcel
@marcel
2 years ago
2 posts

Dear Vicky, dear CheshireCat!

thx so much for taking the time and replying!

I showed her my entry and your wonderful responses and she told me she immediately felt better knowing she is not alone and that there are things she can do to shield and protect herself. She will try meditation and praying and I googled a NY shop for crystals where she can get a black tourmaline. I gently nudged her to think about signing up here and getting into contact with you. Would that be alright. She really needs assistance, help and advice from likeminded and, sorry, this is not supposed to sound derogatory, "afflicted" people. Because right now it is an affliction she suffers from. She went into the basement yesterday (I told her not to, but she wouldnt be the woman I love if she didnt have her own head...) and immediately heard booming footsteps and him screaming at her. I stayed up all night to be with her on the phone.

She will get the crystal today, I urged her too.

Anything else you can advise her on? Should she, as I said, avoid the basement, when it seems to be his preying ground?

In hope of further advice,

Marcel

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 years ago
1,185 posts

Ditto what Vicky said, except for wearing black tourmaline. It may be black, but it's the strongest protectant I know of. I am no crystal expert though. There are other protectants she may feel more drawn too. I think Vicky mentioned rose quartz, which helps spread loving feelings.

I think staying out of the basement is a no brainer and those spirits need removing. If a simple sage or cedar removal ritual, which she can easily learn online doesn't work, I agree with Vicky again, you may need a professional, or someone who knows a whole lot here at EC.....try the tools for empaths group, or any other groups that may cover this topic. Look under "groups" at the top of the page.

C.Cat

5wildponies
@5wildponies
2 years ago
22 posts

I started carrying around crystals as i could not function at my job due to all of the feelings of others and the issues I dealt with at home at the suggestion of a stranger who immediately recognized me as a stressed out, un-protected empath! The day I started putting it in my pocket I felt like a whole new person. I have learned to do cleansings on my home and myself, children, and am working on meditating as well as energy healing. It is a long road, but so much better when we can finally recognize our own feelings from someone elses. Crystals are amazing and only the tip of the iceberg for what may help! Best wishes to you and your girlfriend!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book