Reckless
Reckless
@reckless
3 years ago
123 posts
I'm in the same situation. They usually come back but by then I've lost interest from being disappointed.The problem? I'm just too nice. I'm not going to change that to date anyone either. Ill let them come and go and won't ever take them serious no matter how much time goes by. Most of the time it's for another guy. Let him have that problem. Maybe one day I'll meet someone, til then I'll remain this way.
Kaitlyn Brokaw
Kaitlyn Brokaw
@kaitlyn-brokaw
3 years ago
216 posts

Like you said, you were a counselor more than a boyfriend. With us, people tend to come when they need us and then leave once we have fixed whatever issue(s) they were having. That is one of the worst things about being an Empath. They're only drawn to us because we have such good hearts and they need us to help them in a way, but once they're done, they leave. It is horrible and it has happened to me more than enough. Honestly, I am not sure if there is a way to tell in the beginning. With me, I could honestly fall in love with any good man I think, because I look for the heart. And once I get so caught up in everything they are and how much I love them, the fact that they use me for emotional causes doesn't seem to register. It always hits a little bit later. Seriously, I imagine it would be better to be friends for quite a while and then fall in love and get married and things like that. But, with people these days it seems you can't really get things like that without the other person getting bored or only thinking of you as a friend. I am a super passionate and loving person as well, so this pains me just to read this because I have been there multiple times. Ideally, I would love to end up with someone who is also an Empath, I believe it would just be better and easier in the long run. Well, I hope everything works out with you! xxx

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book