I love someone who is an empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Mike Cimperman
@mike-cimperman
2 years ago
3 posts
A while ago I fell in love with someone who is an empath. I myself am not an empath but I am trying to get some understanding out of some of the things that happen in our relationship. Throughout our relationship I admit that I was being extremely selfish and I was not taking the proper time to fully understand what her being an empath is all about. I excessively crowded her and never really gave her her space which is now something that I now understood was extremely important to Her. I was not taking the proper time to fully understand what her being an empath is all about.Recently she broke up with me and a lot of that was probably because I was being too selfish and I was not giving her space and time to think because I automatically assumed that the reason she wanted space was because something was wrong.. I realize the effect of all my actions and I have been studying deep into the empath mindset and I am dedicated to learning as much about what being an empath is all about.I honestly love this girl with all of my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with her, but I also understand that I need to give her time to love herself first but it just terrifies me that she might move on.. Does Anyone have any advice
updated by @mike-cimperman: 04/04/17 06:32:51AM
MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
Maybe you should tell her say sorry and tell her your learning about empaths then go out on a date with her
Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

My advice is tell her everything you just told us. That was beautiful. I am married and it took my husband a while to understand what it was we as empaths endure, and how much it affects our relationships.

Be mindful though, you cannot place all blame on yourself. In a partnership there is give and take. She may need space, and as you try to understand that, if she is fully in the partnership with you, there has to be time where she understands that you desire her affection and attention as well.

Have you thought that maybe she left because she can't give you what you need? Being empathic is deeply sensing and it is possible she may have felt that you weren't getting everything you need either.
Talk to her. :)
Mike Cimperman
@mike-cimperman
2 years ago
3 posts
Thank you for your response. Was there ever a time where you felt like you weren't sure if you wanted to be with him or not due to like an overwhelming of emotions.. When empaths get overwhelmed does that make them push away from people. And what kind of things can I do myself to help her
Mike Cimperman
@mike-cimperman
2 years ago
3 posts
She does know exactly how I feel, but it's hard for me to express them to her right now bc she doesn't want me to crowd her or push... In a way she needs to learn how to love herself but at the same time she is just isolating herself from me more and talking to other people more like two of her friends that are going through divorces and that stuff stresses her out and I keep trying to tell her that that is not good for her right now do to already crazy emotions going on within herself
Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts
Yes. I didn't want him to "feel" unloved though my love for him is so strong. For instance: I work in human services so some days I walk in the door I can't stand to be touched or crowded and the first thing he does is kiss all over me like clockwork. At first he thought it was rejection but now he does so and gives me a few minutes to decompress.Another instance is about a friend whose emotions I feel so strongly its like I live them. I unfriend (push them away) them atleast once a week because I dont want my ability to percieve their stress to add more stress. They call me dramatic but there seems little choice sometimes. I can only speak for myself in saying I want to spare and be spared the unnecessary ups and downs. There isn't always an easy choice.Hope this helps. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book