Psychic Headaches

To post a reply, login or signup

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I have been getting migraines since I was a child but lately I have been getting psychic headaches too and they have been turning into more migraines. I was wondering how people here deal with their psychic headaches and make them go away because nothing I do seems to work. They just keep coming back.

updated by @briarrose: 01/22/17 11:42:42AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

Sometimes the 6th chakra gets so busy it's like a traffic jam up there. One time I had that type of headache and even my eyes hurt and face was flushed. A healer friend placed her hands on my feet and directed the energy to move down the body. I find if I focus my intent on bringing the energy towards the feet, it usually relieves the pressure in the head, just massaging the feet and bringing warmth to the feet can help.

Also a bit of peppermint oil on the forehead can help. I got this idea from the theory behind botox which was originally designed to freeze the muscles in the area which get over active. I figured a non evasive form of freezing might work. I tried biofreeze which chiropractors and massage therapists use - it chills the area. But it didn't work that well. Then I tried peppermint oil and that was effective. It chills the area and the effect lasts for awhile.

Also check on YouTube for Donna Edens method for relieving headaches, I can't say it relieves migraines but it helps open the neck area which can get rid of some of the pressure.

I should mention that I can't make them go away, it sort of comes with the work we do. I just manage them.

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

Thanks for the suggestions. Ice packs help. Tried peppermint oil as well as a dozen or so other essential oils. They don't work. Tried crystals of different kinds. Medications of different kinds. Just seeing what people say. Will look up that person on Youtube.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 years ago
414 posts

My migraine always come from an internal conflict, usually one that involves my intuition.

I have not found them to be related to the work I do as a professional intuitive. Meaning that even though I am constantly using my abilities with clients, that does not give me a migraine.

But they come up when I have a personal conflict where I *know* something intuitively about my life but I'm resisting it. For example: I used to be scared of my own intuitive skills. I didn't want to know all these things about other people, so the migraines would come. The pain would mask thing I didn't want to see/feel.

What works for me is to either getting a reading from a friend who is also intuitive to help pinpoint the conflict or figure it out on my own, usually by asking my spirit guide.

in love

Elise

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Acupuncture & Reiki seem to help me, along with taking Topimax, which is an anti-seizure medication that is prescribed for people that get more than a certain amount of migraines a month (I think it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 13 or so-I stopped counting a long time ago!)

I still get about 2-6 headaches a month, but I have noticed that I will get a little intuitive message before I am going to get one and I can usually keep it from getting unbearable by wearing an aquamarine bead and selenite necklace I made. I then make sure I get a hold of some Imitrex and take some.

I tend to get psychic headaches around thunderstorms a lot (these really mess with me) and they turn into migraines for me too. The same thing applies for me with these too.

I take a multi-faceted approach because I can't afford to be incapacitated half of the time. I hope this gives you some ideas. Good Luck!

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I am a geomancer. I get them most often when I am sensing a pending earthquake or in the aftermath of one. Not too much I can do about resolving the issue related to them unfortunately though I wish I could. They just happen. Thanks for the suggestion though.

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

Yeah. I have been on topamax for a couple years. Doesn't work anymore. Did in the beginning but not anymore. Going off of it now. Couple things you should know. It gives wicked rebound migraines when you go off of it too quickly so be careful with that. Double the amount of time the doctor tells you to take. They tell you to step down one pill a week, do it every other week. Trust me on that one. Second thing is. It has mild psychotropic effects, like antidepressant and antipsychotic features that aren't part of it's main use. So as I have been stepping down off of it my powers have been growing. You could be blocking your powers by being on it. Psych drugs do block powers btw. Just a heads up.

Smiles and I used imitrex back in the old school days when it was a nasal spray. Man was that stuff nasty. Left a metallic taste in your mouth all day after you took it and still didn't get rid of the migraine. Ugh. Terrible. I am working with a neurologist on new prescription meds for the migraines now. Still hit and miss as I have tried pretty much everything that exists since i have been getting migraines since before i can even remember. Just hoping to find something here that could head one off at the pass so to speak. You never know.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Eating a few tablespoons of honey help for me.
Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts
Icepack or cold rag on the back of my neck. Right at the hair line. Letting the shower run on the same spot works also.
born vego/ born empath
@born-vego-born-empath
2 years ago
8 posts

I have only been getting migranes since my pregnancy- now some three years ago. They began as a symptom of pregnancy - or so i thought. However, ive since experienced migranes several times and I now know for certain that they are dirrectly correlated to other people's low/negative virations. if there is an excessive ammount of such emothons/vibrations around me or surrounding me.... migranes seem to be a way for my body to literally flush all of that out of my system (because as an empath i do physically absorb these vibes, but i maintain a higher or posisitve vibration generallly - so, in order to me to maintain my inner balance and peace- my body flushes out those negative vibes).

The only remedy for me is to just allow it to come, rest/lie down, maintain hydration, stay in darkness, calm my mind, let myself vomit if it comes and after ) the vomit/purge stage i generally get well again... itll take me a day to really feel well and i will be left weak for a day or 2.

I can also predict/preemp a migrane 2-3 days in advance

Like you, i too have found that they can not be avoided. As i do feel them coming in advance; i take steps to avoid them or to lessen their severity. oftentimes it is just a case of slowing down, taking really good care of myself (no medications, but rather getting enough nutritious food and rest and neither over working nor overthinking, drinking pleanty of water and getting enough sleep is so important.

I have also found that my migranes also arrive towards the end or just after my menstrual cycle. I think this is very relevant for me because I have always known and felt that my suseptability to other peoples vibes are very very heightened when I have my period. This can be draining if I dont take very good care/nurture myself.

I wonder if there are other female empaths who notice heightened awareness or reception during menstruation...

born vego/ born empath
@born-vego-born-empath
2 years ago
8 posts

a few times i've taen just one panadol (paracetamol) which made the migrane less severe... i'd take it as soon as i get the tell tale signs of it coming on. but i dont like pharmaceutical drugs so try to avoid them

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book