befuddled and confused

To post a reply, login or signup

dave
@dave
2 years ago
4 posts

Hello, my name is dave and I am searching for answers/help. Not entirely sure I'm an empath though maybe something similar perhaps. I have always been a bit different however by the time I was 23 I started becoming very lethargic and was having frequent anxiety attacks and sleep paralysis, I'm still lethargic though anxiety and paralysis are far less frequent now, I'm light sensitive and very sound sensitive can't abide crowds, hate tv however I usually get angry at upsetting images instead of sad, don't like angry people as they make me angry or nervous panicky people as its the same, though when I'm with grieving people I don't seem to share their grief, I feel hollow and powerless to help them and want to escape just like at any other time. I also have odd thoughts like jumping in front of a train when I'm on the platform yet though I dislike this world I am nowhere near suicidal.

Anyway it's all very confusing and i'm fed up with waking up befuddled, with no energy, procrastinating, hiding and making excuses, am hoping for any help, advice and insights thank you.

updated by @dave: 01/16/17 12:22:30AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

Hi Dave! I can sympathize with much of what you describe (just not the TV, Light and Sound sensitivities).

As for grieving people, I empathize, but maybe because I am quite confident that life is eternal, I do not get desperately sad myself...

Used to have frequent visions of either jumping in front of trains, buses etc, or saw cars, buses, planes etc. having accidents. I call it my spiritual tourets. It has become much less frequent though...

Also experienced crowd sensitivity, lethargy etc.

Today I see it all as resistance. I guess through regular meditation and self-exploration I have become quite Light (others might be born with it or develop it automatically?). Now light energies, such as unconditional love, forgiveness, honesty, empathy, happiness etc are just as infectious (if not more so) as confused energies - stress, anger, frustration, envy, guilt, sadness etc. I feel that confused energies either attack lighter beings, with e.g. lethargy, social anxiety etc. to keep us away from confused humans, and or they try to use lighter beings as a channel out (to go home into the Light (for rehabilitation), as they are tired of being the bad guys).

I.e. what I require to function more normally is regular cleansing of my energies. I ask/ pray for as much healings, cleansings, protections, and recharges of my energies, as necessary, possible, available and sensible. I also do a lot of grounding work (I ask for healthy Earth energies to connect to me, pull out neg and stale energies and give me fresh energies up (or you can visualize it)). Plus regular chakra and Hara/ Kundalini cleansing work. I also posted a blog on here (just check my profile), and included some supplement tips - definitely Vit D3!

All that said - I feel that the main problem is not actually me anymore, it is the rest of the world catching up with more spiritual, empathic beings - so I do ask for as much healing and cleansing for the outside world as necessary (- to make my life happy and effortless!)

Don't get me wrong - some days can still be a challenge, but the overall trend, since implementing all the above, is positive ;)

All the best!!!

dave
@dave
2 years ago
4 posts

Thanks for taking the time to reply and the good advice much food for thought has been given and Will give the visualising a go, not had much luck with meditation in the past though as I find it hard to shut my mind down but will try again, thanks once again knowing that people with similar issues have been able to overcome them is a boost in itself

Soldier of the White Light
@soldier-of-the-white-light
2 years ago
28 posts

Hello Dave!

Just like Goodenergyhealing stated, meditation is an excellent vehicle to achieve what we are looking for in ourselves. What I do every so many months is make a list of things I would like to work on about myself. I pray and meditate on these them until I write a new list.

Going into crowds for me can be a good experience or I'm counting the clock till I can get out of there. The 1 thing I always do before leaving my house everyday I imagine a real thick shield of white light. The brighter the better. This helps me shield off others vibrations. Meditate and imagine a warm bright light shinning down on you. I makes you feel warm and cozzy.

When I start to feel overwhelmed I close my eyes and concentrate on the white light, then all the colors of the chakra. I would go here and check it out these linkshttp://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/page/empath-survival-guide.

I have created life goals along with spiritual goals. This is just something I did to make sure my life is fulling. I try to stay away from negative draining situations and people. I don't look for negative cause I tend to always go in the direction I am looking, but look for positive (higher vibrations).

:)

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I have light and sound sensitivities as well. I will also have these awful thoughts that pop into my head from time to time. They aren't things I actually want to do or would ever do. They come as like a "what if I do this...?" thought. It's like deep down in my brain I want to know what would happen if I tried it, but because i know logically what would happen I know not to do it. They are weird sensations.
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

I think there is plenty of wrong stereotypes out there. Once you e.g. visualize or ask for grounding it is there. It is a bit like turning a tap on; the water will keep running, whether you think about it or not. It does not matter if your mind starts to wander, after you have started to meditate. The main bit is to have established a connection to a higher, larger, helping power/ energies. As you manage to get rid of old accumulated negative and stale energies, you might start to have a clearer and quieter mind during meditation too (most days there is always new stuff coming in as well though). Being more quiet can be a nice change to a busy mind - but then I love my mind. It has dug me out of many a hole. It is also a very useful tool to visualize etc. There is just so much healing, cleansing etc. to do (in my life alone, and then you start remembering other people's problems....), sitting there and 'just' being empty is a luxury I rarely contemplate (nor have felt the need for yet). Most my more intense cleansing work I do when I do my cardio actually. I.e. I feel one can combine energy work with other things.....

dave
@dave
2 years ago
4 posts

Yeah these awful thoughts are the total opposite of what want to do and completely against my character though I often find that when the thought pops into my head I automatically start to retreat from the suggested thought as though my body is in autopilot but so weird that the thought is there in the first place I can't fathom it? the biggest bane for me is this lack of energy fugue state and the sound sensitivity, discordant loud noises and bad music/ lyrics really grate on my nerves. Thanks for the link soldier, I'll be trying to follow yours and Goodenergyhealings advice so that I can hopefully learn to cope better with these unpleasant issues and move on with my life

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book