Guilt or not? Empathic Advoidance

To post a reply, login or signup

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Last week I went to a meeting hoping to gain more knowledge about being an empath and clear knowing. I felt all this energy flowing around the room. None of them were empaths and had no real understanding of what it even means. I felt drawn to several of them because they needed me. I told them what they needed to know.

Problem? I felt as though I could not get out of the room and away from them soon enough.

Guilt? There was a woman by the door who needed something. I was concentrating more on escape, than helping anyone else. Afterward I felt guilty because I did not help her. I realize we have to think of ourselves, too. Plus, I could play the 'what if' game along with the guilt.

When do we say 'no' or 'enough'? Do we have a responsibility to help everyone? Logically, I understand we can't save the world, but what if what I should have said to her could have saved her life?

Make sense? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

updated by @chay: 01/15/17 12:57:50AM
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

I trust that if someone is supposed to be helped, they will be helped (Creation has back-up plans). I have also send out a telepathic memo to humanity (a while back), that they should not wait for me to save them (I gladly forsake my hero moments) and start helping themselves.

I still help, but within my capacities. I do have spiritual believes also, so I ask for the rest to be handled by angles, etc.

What adds to it (for myself that is), is that my intuition is not always accurate. Now I am not going to tell e.g. a massage client of mine that the has cancer, when I cannot be 100% certain. I e.g. had two work o-holic clients, who for their first few sessions I always had this feeling that they might drop dead with exhaustion anytime (being in their 40s). A few years on, they are still alive though. If that is the healing they received, or my intuition being wrong? I am just glad I did not scare the bejeezus out of them....

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

When people get caught up in whether they "should" help or not, or have a responsibility, the ego gets involved. We will fret as to whether we did enough, or feel guilty, etc - that's the ego talking. And then helping becomes tied up in our feelings of self-worth.

As Goodenergyhealing alluded to, the Universe has a way of helping. When we realize that the Universe is smarter than us, it takes the burden off of us. If a person shows up needing help and we know we can, then we do what is needed and if we are not the right person; they will find someone else. For example, some clients will want healing but on a subconscious level, they are not yet ready. I can do the best I can, but then I let go of the outcome. If a client isn't ready to deal with their issues, I don't take it personally; I know that somewhere down the road, they will be healed.

Developing trust in the Universe isn't easy because we think everything is our responsibility but when we realize that the Universe is kind and loving, we can let go of the worry of "doing the right thing" or being overly concerned with others. Oddly enough, once we get to that point; helping becomes easier because we don't feel that sense of burden. We work from the heart, not from a sense of guilt

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I like the idea of a telepathic memo and creation has a backup plan. I will definitely do it.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you, too. Both of these replys really did help.

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Don't grt too caught up in your abilities. If it's meant to happen then it will naturally. When you want to speak and hold your tongue, it is your intuion telling you not to speak. So maybe you saved yourself...?The only thing I plan is mu day and how it will be run. What I can't control is who I meey and interact with. The people I will meet will teach me something, even if we met for two seconds, because tou never know what you can learn.I cany control my guilt. Id feel guilty for not doing anything for a person, but then I'd realize how selfish it was for them to throw their own responsibilities on me.The feeling of wanting to run out the door sounds like someone else. They were probably counting the seconds while you felt it intensely.I've experienced it too and you want to scream and run at full speed. I know it wasn't how I felt at the time but it overrode my other feelings greatly.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

You are right. I felt a pull to her, but I stopped twice. When I think back now there is a good chance you are right. Just because I felt her needing something doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Maybe I was thinking more about myself rather than her. Something to consider.

People come to me a lot for help. Sometimes I am not even sure they know it. They don't realize what their feelings can do to us. For most of society we don't exist. Empaths, I mean.

I got the feeling as though I didn't belong. It really wasn't the place for me. It was a group of mediums or so I believe this is what they are called. To be blunt they see dead people. (Which I find fascinating.) One lady stated someone was close to her. I didn't feel a presence. The feeling? She was lying. I felt several were superficial. Sorry, to go on about this group. It was an interesting meeting.

Thank you for sharing. It was insightful.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
I struggle with the guilt thing quite often, but as Pat mentioned, we shouldn't "should on ourselves". I have found that it is tied to self esteem for me. Since my self esteem is better I don't feel as guilty, but on days when my esteem is low, that is when the guilt sets in. We all feel the need to help, it is our nature.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I know I can't help everyone and I need to take care of myself, too. There has to be a point when I say enough. My self esteem is good, but when I am not feeling well I believe I do back up more often.

Thank you! You are exactly right. Helping is our nature.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book