unexplained feelings

To post a reply, login or signup

LazyCat
@lazycat
2 years ago
4 posts

So I am new here to this site and I am new to calling myself an empath. I was hoping someone here could help me with some sensations and feelings I have had. I work in the health field, for the past ten years I have taken care of the elderly. I love everything about it and I take it very seriously. There are a couple instances where I have had some strange feelings while taking care of my people. I was wondering if someone could help explain what I'm feeling and what it means? or why I am feeling that way? The feeling happens when I'm taking care of an elderly person. Helping them get washed up and ready in the mornings or getting ready for bed at night. But it was always the same people and it was always when I am assisting them. It starts as a tingly sensation at the top of my head and moves down my body almost like a weak current of electricity. It also gives me a sense of euphoria and I feel GREAT/ at ease while this happens. The tingling usually stays in my hands a while after I'm done taking care of that person but eventually fades. I could never just make this come on my own, It was only with certain people and it wasn't all the time. Anyone know what this could be?

updated by @lazycat: 04/12/17 11:18:45PM
LazyCat
@lazycat
2 years ago
4 posts

Thank you so much for the information, I'm looking into it right now.. and what I've found is very interesting

Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

I too was in elderly health care and I believe like any other relationship you can form unspoken bonds in the work place.

I think I know the feeling you speak of, would you say its fair to describe it like static electricity when you rub a balloon over your flesh but the feeling is under the skin instead of on top and its energizing in a way? I find that in genuinely happy people and people that are relieved from a certain types of stress( if they brush up against me).

I think you are helping your patients feel relieved and in terms find a state of jubilation. Consider it a pat on the back that you are doing exactly what your hearts intent is and that is helping people feel good.

In terms of daily life, few things feel better than getting up, getting clean & put together as you start your day. Like wise when finally going to sleep where you know you will finally come to a place of peace and rest.

Many of us take the ability to care for ourselves for granted. For someone that is not able to do it themselves you may be feeling their comfort, joy and gratitude.

Think of it like a receipt from the universe for your deposit into the Bank of Humanity.

LazyCat
@lazycat
2 years ago
4 posts

Sammie your right about the feelings i get! It is something like static electricity and it was always very energizing. I would actually find myself volunteering to take care of those specific people because I knew I would get that feeling. and what is funny is that those people were people the other workers found "difficult" to take care of, but I find I have a huge amount of patience for people like that. I'm able to slow down to their pace and make them feel like they are my only priority. But I also find that in other parts of my life. I just have never felt that from other people like I have with my patients. Maybe I keep my walls up around other people? Thanks so much for the input!

Sammie
@sammie
2 years ago
106 posts

Well I'm glad you enjoy the feeling. The first time I felt it, it weirded me out. :) I don't know if you ever put a 9v battery on your tongue as a kid but yeah..... This is a good topic though because I get something different with other emotions. Anger is hot.... so very hot.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book