HSP or Empath?

To post a reply, login or signup

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

As I have researched for my empathness website I have come to notice there is an acceptance of HSP, Highly Sensitive People. Yet, there is not a true acceptance of Empath by mainstream society. While HSP seems to be a psychological term with an explanation, the term Empath has too many unknowns to be considered 'real'. It is a lot easier to state you are an HSP, because it is more likely to be accepted by society, family and friends. Does HSP have symptoms? Here we are again. I want to get away from stating symptoms of an Empath, because we are not ill. Being an Empath is a gift. Is the term HSP helping or hindering us? In other words are HSP's going to become a psychological or personality disorder and be in the DSM or is it a step toward accepting Empaths into mainstream society? Please share your thoughts.

updated by @chay: 04/11/17 05:28:12AM
MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
No way its not a curse in my prospective its helping people on a higher enegry field it should not be called an disordor i am against it being called HSP u reckon empath sounds so much better and friendly then.. When you learn to control it, feels wonderful thats awesome! If anyoneis having trouble with being an empath look forward to learning toco trol it jus don't shut it off its an empaths destiny ^_^
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
2 years ago
373 posts

I reckon that most empath are spiritually 'lighter' than the average Jo/Jane - 'lighter', spiritually, is holier though (as in more whole, complete). I have stopped believing I am more sensitive and weaker, rather I choose to believe I am stronger, and through my Light, trigger energetic resistances (associated with healing processes) in other beings. When an empath gets negative energy from somewhere/ someone, and feels bad for it - there is no way of telling 'how much' negative energy attacks him/ her? I choose to believe that it is often quite a lot, as being 'lighter', empaths actually should have greater energy-put-through capacities.... I.e. the energy that makes an empath feel bad, would potentially totally flatten a normal person?!?! Maybe I am wishful thinking and have a hero complex, but thinking my way makes way more sense to me than believing I am handicapped some way. We are superheros in a way, dealing with humanities energetic refuse. All that said I really don't care what I call myself - Empath or HSP, those who want to mis-understand us, and see us as handicapped, rather than more-able, will do so with either terminology....

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! This is great. I like the way you think. It is so much more positive. I do believe I am stronger. Having these gifts are definitely not for the weak. I do know that I have a peace within myself that most people do not. Negative energy is there and it is my choice if I allow it to remain with me or push it off to be dispersed.

Your comment about being handicapped is something in which I had not thought. I certainly do not believe this is a handicap, but I read a lot who do consider it a definite non-desirable. Me? I am so fortunate to have these gifts.

Again, thank you for your input!

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I have read about the mirror neurons. I am an empath and, I believe, clairsentient. I have clear knowing. I read an article which stated all HSPs were not empaths, but all empaths are HSPs. Interesting. I do not consider myself overly sensitive. I simply feel others energy. We are diverse and certainly don't fit in a box.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I appreciate your input and positive attitude about being an empath. I agree with learning to control it. When someone does that they are taking care of themselves. It is so easy to get where you are so busy taking care of others, that you have nothing left of yourself.

Thank you!

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I appreciate your input and positive attitude about being an empath. I agree with learning to control it. When someone does that they are taking care of themselves. It is so easy to get where you are so busy taking care of others, that you have nothing left of yourself.

Thank you!

MintyEmpathy
@mintyempathy
2 years ago
157 posts
Well i am an rainbow crystal empath child or rainbow child empath so i can feel others emotions but when i leave the room there in it goes away u don't get overwhelmed in public places i don't need a shield so thats another reason why empath is not completley HSP and should not be classified as it cause some are mixed with other gifts giving them control over there empath gift even if they just found out about there empath gift
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Rainbow crystal has to do with your aura color? I am an empath and have clear knowing. I have been told I am a healer, too. I haven't done physical, but psychological. Empath is beyond HSP to a point that hasn't been explained by scientist yet. Not everything needs to be explained, but being an empath just seems to freak people out a bit. They think we are simply nuts. LOL It is more uncomfortable to believe we don't exist than think other people are walking around knowing our secrets.

Thank you for the thoughts!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book