My challenge at work

To post a reply, login or signup

MusicianAthena
@musicianathena
2 years ago
10 posts

I have a major challenge at work. I work for a psychic line, using my empathic gift to help people. Everybody always wants time frames and that is something I can't give. Also, my ability to recognize thoughts is limited. I also get questions about the person's thoughts too. It makes me so nervous to log in because I'm scared I'll get a question like that. How can I put myself in a space where I can receive information without getting overwhelmed, and how should I deal with these questions i don't/have a limited capacity to answer? logged in right now and feeling that anxiety. any tips/positive energy appreciated! hugs and love to all

updated by @musicianathena: 01/22/17 11:42:02AM
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

One of the things that helped me was to read the write ups and descriptions of other readers. When they write stuff about being accurate, there's usually a footnote somewhere in small print that mentions free will. It doesn't matter what the time frame is because if the client doesn't act on it, then it's a missed opportunity.

Also, many readers are moving away from the future reading stuff because the future really is in major flux and many believe that working with a client to help them with the current issues is more helpful as the present moment will determine the future. Also, future readings can in fact, have the opposite effect where a person may want the new relationship or job but then the thought of actually getting it, will cause them to sabotage their chances.

The thing about readings is that you really work for the person's Higher Self. It's one of the few times that the Higher Self can communicate and so the information you receive may not be what the client wants to hear but what they need to hear at that moment. For example, they may be concerned about a future job when the Higher Self wants to focus on their situation with their mother.

Reading requires tremendous trust in the Spirit, you are delivering the information but you are not responsible for whether the person is happy with it or whether they act on it - like being a mail carrier.

Reading your comments raises my own anxiety level because I use to do the psychic line stuff and I felt that same anxiety. There are sites that allow you to set up your own reading site and you just pay for the use of the web site and phone. This allows you to tailor the readings to what you feel comfortable with. Not everyone is good with the future readings. Some readers focus on Soul readings or past life readings. It's a matter of finding out what's comfortable for you. It's a matter of finding your reading style. And this job is giving you the opportunity to see what works for you and what doesn't.

Of course, the main thing is to be grounded and connected with Spirit before the phone rings. It requires trust that the information coming through is exactly what's needed at this time and that the information is given in a manner for the highest good of the client.

MusicianAthena
@musicianathena
2 years ago
10 posts

oh honey, I meant in no way to raise your own anxiety levels! sending you love! Thank you so much for your detailed post. it really helped me. I hope you aren't upset that I did that...I meant in no way to make you anxious. <3

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

No problem. I would suggest that you consider putting this question or other questions about reading in another section such as Healers/Readers or Psychic development. Also, if you put this same question in another group, you will have to delete this post off the empath life forum.

You might want to view the group's list. The moderators are particular about what goes in the forum, mainly it has to deal with life as an empath and coping.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book