In such a funk, would love positive thoughts or tips

Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
I've been in such a funk these past few days. I realize it's probably because I have been overworking myself. I work in a group home and we currently have 256 open hours a week that need to be covered so everyone has been working a lot of overtime. It's not like an office job where if the shift is open it sets until you find a person to fill the position, the people that live in the homes NEED us there to care for them. And because I truly do love my patients, I feel compelled to have to pick up shifts to make sure they are properly cared for. So since working less isn't really an option right now, I'd really just appreciate some love and positive thoughts being sent my way until work slows down. Also, any tips on what works for you in situations like this are welcomed. :)
updated by @emmy-long: 09/02/18 11:35:58PM
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
Thanks everyone for the love and tips :). The night I made this post I went into work and found two adorable baby kittens siting at the front door of the home I work in! :) I took them in for the night and one of the ladies I work with took them to her home to live until they are old enough to go to the local no-kill shelter to find homes (they won't take them until they're old enough to be vaccinated and I can't keep them because my dog will eat them). It was just a little reminder of how everything seems to work out somehow in the end. <3 And I got to play with kittens which is a great way to de-stress. :)
Paul
Paul
@paul
3 years ago
926 posts

Emmy, by a Group Home I assume a home where the elderly live? If so, you are doing such a great service to the needy. Yes they can be cranky and most feel terrible all the time. I help the Medicare elderly everyday and I feel a sense of service to them. This is called service-to-others and believe me its the place you want to be to progress your soul. Look at it as service, hard as it may be.

Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
It's a home for people with developmental disabilities. They range in age from like 30-60 but most of them are older. I definitely agree this kind of work is great for the soul. :) I actually really do enjoy spending time with my patients. Thanks for this little reminder. :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book