In such a funk, would love positive thoughts or tips

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I've been in such a funk these past few days. I realize it's probably because I have been overworking myself. I work in a group home and we currently have 256 open hours a week that need to be covered so everyone has been working a lot of overtime. It's not like an office job where if the shift is open it sets until you find a person to fill the position, the people that live in the homes NEED us there to care for them. And because I truly do love my patients, I feel compelled to have to pick up shifts to make sure they are properly cared for. So since working less isn't really an option right now, I'd really just appreciate some love and positive thoughts being sent my way until work slows down. Also, any tips on what works for you in situations like this are welcomed. :)
updated by @emmy-long: 10/17/17 06:30:12PM
MusicianAthena
@musicianathena
2 years ago
10 posts

Hi Emmy, sending love and hugs to you, honey. Sometimes I go and visit some friends with my fiance. the house they live in is pretty full of negative energy. It makes me feel in a funk too. Do you know how to put up shields or a protection of light? I try to put up shields and that sometimes works. Sending you lots of posative energy! hugs! Athena

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Emmy,

I just prayed to Archangel Raphael to send you positive green healing light:)

Sometimes just taking a break, going outside,closing your eyes and breathing in fresh air for a few slow, full breaths can help sweeten the day a little and transmute stress and fatigue into love and warmth.

Hope this helps.

Love,

Equus Aquarius

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thanks everyone for the love and tips :). The night I made this post I went into work and found two adorable baby kittens siting at the front door of the home I work in! :) I took them in for the night and one of the ladies I work with took them to her home to live until they are old enough to go to the local no-kill shelter to find homes (they won't take them until they're old enough to be vaccinated and I can't keep them because my dog will eat them). It was just a little reminder of how everything seems to work out somehow in the end. <3 And I got to play with kittens which is a great way to de-stress. :)
CourageThroughWisdom
@couragethroughwisdom
2 years ago
6 posts
Hey there Emmy :-) I find myself in similiar situations of stress and obligation, more often than not. I always stretch myself as thin as I can, and try to help as many people as possible, which inevitably leads me to a high speed crash :-P When I feel myself get to that breaking point, I stop. I stop everything. No thoughts, no actions, instant personal serenity. I ask myself if what im doing will bring happiness to the world. Am I helping someone, or making the world a more pleasant place? If I dont perform this task, who will? I answer these questions, and go from there. If im not doing good in the world, and im stressed out and my tank is on E, I step back. Easy to say, but sometimes you've got to step back from something you love, or something your passionate about, because it just isnt in the cards at that point in time. If I feel that im doing good, or making the world a better place, then I go in with the mindset that no matter the obstacle, this is what Im meant to do right now. I find positive things around me to feed on when i dig in my heels and get to the task at hand. There is so much love and positivity in the world, but it isnt always a bright flower ready to be picked. It may be hidden in plain sight. An elderly couple that has shared 60 years of their life together still hand in hand. Maybe you see a child who unknowingly makes an act of kindness out of pure love. I try to pick up and absorb all the positive energy I can. I may just be rambling. Hope this helps :-)
B
@b
2 years ago
252 posts
On the week of the 9th I had issues too! called on my lil sis she is an empath and holds the same astrology sign as I . she told me mercury was in retrograde and it would pass soon sorry to be late on the answer but when I read your post and the date it hit me.
Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

Emmy, by a Group Home I assume a home where the elderly live? If so, you are doing such a great service to the needy. Yes they can be cranky and most feel terrible all the time. I help the Medicare elderly everyday and I feel a sense of service to them. This is called service-to-others and believe me its the place you want to be to progress your soul. Look at it as service, hard as it may be.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
It's a home for people with developmental disabilities. They range in age from like 30-60 but most of them are older. I definitely agree this kind of work is great for the soul. :) I actually really do enjoy spending time with my patients. Thanks for this little reminder. :)
Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

This particular retrograde caused a lot of problems as it was in gemini. I just read a comment from Matt Khan who is a spiritual teacher and he mentioned traveling to give a talk and his suitcase with all his clothes disappeared. I found all forms of communication simply a disaster. Officially, the retrograde ended on the 11th but there is a lingering effect called the shadow effect which will end around the 23rd.

MusicianAthena
@musicianathena
2 years ago
10 posts

It does sound like a wonderful job. It is good for the soul to help others, I really enjoy helping and healing. Sending you more peaceful thoughts and love and light. Athena

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Hello! I hope the days have been better for you. I am an empath and claircognizance. I need to help people. It is what I do. You sound wonderful! You are trying to help so many people. Plus, animals. Thank you for being that person.

A couple of thoughts. You need to take care of yourself. Hey, this is hard for me. If you are wanting to be there for others you have to be careful with your health, as well as your sanity. I need time by myself almost everyday. I put on my armor of white light. I go to work. I help others. I take on their energy good and bad. I meditate (mindfulness) and keep my home free of negative energies or entities.

You have gotten some great ideas on how to care for yourself from the replys. I love water, nature and animals. I am drawn to them. I have to be able to see trees and walk barefoot to touch the earth.

Also, part of the funk may be where you are working. You are bound to take on emotions. I would think at times it is really sad. You can only do so much. That can be hard to accept.

Again, thank you for being THAT person.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book