Is it worth taking a risk for Empaths to be in a romantic relationship?

Yaji
Yaji
@yaji
3 years ago
69 posts

I am 22, and I am asking this question because as Empaths, we generally are able to feel the emotions of others and it is different than normal people who can't who can't read or feel another person.

I mean that we can tell if a person's feeling is true and all without having to go through the conversation and telling face-to-face.

I was in a relationship once but it was only because the other person truly loved me but I broke up because there wasn't really anything else in common and it took a hard time for me to severe the empathic link so I can move on.

Ever since the past month, I started to be able to also see images instead of just feeling emotions when I try to connect to a person's mind.

Like there was a guy today who wanted to talk to me and when I tried to connect to his mind, I saw his intention and I ignored him afterwards.

Even though I am a psychology major student, I rely more on my abilities than what I learned in school.

I used to feel everyone's emotions' on a deeper level at first, but I have learned control myself and selectively choose or connect.

When friends asked me about me being single , I'll just say random excuses but the truth is, I don't think it is worth the risk as myself being what I am.

It's like a very rare chance to find someone.

(I told people that I never had a relationship because it was not in the open)

updated by @yaji: 01/16/18 03:03:20PM
Equus Aquarius
Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
3 years ago
184 posts

I would have to agree with thinkinpictures76! The "right" person is worth the wait!!!!

Also, there is no such thing as the "perfect" relationship or the "perfect" guy. Everyone, including us, has their flaws.

It can be more difficult for us because we can tell when someone is lying, we can tell what their intentions are, what their true emotions are, etc., but this does not necessarily have to be a negative thing. Instead of having to kiss several frogs to find the prince, you will probably end up having to kiss a lot less:)

I am married to a wonderful, supportive husband who knows that I am an empath. We both love each other unconditionally and support each other during times of struggle and during times of joy:)

Yaji
Yaji
@yaji
3 years ago
69 posts

I always think that it's better that way too, but it's not easy finding one especially in this world.

It is like I'll have to travel over the world to find the right person or even to meet another empath.

Now that reminds me of a fortune teller who said that in my past life, I was travelling in search for my love.

I wasn't sure if that's sure but I keep an open mind.

Yaji
Yaji
@yaji
3 years ago
69 posts

I tried to see though people every time to be safe, but the problem at times is when my personal feelings get in my way and I'll take a chance and get hurt.

Thanks, and everyone here is really understanding.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book