Empath looking for thoughts and guidance ~

To post a reply, login or signup

Spiritual_light
@spiritual-light
2 years ago
3 posts
Hi everyone,I am completely new to this community, and so I guess I will just begin by saying that I am so glad to have found a space in which myself and others can simply share our feelings and ask for advice.In terms of my discovery as a person, I will say that from a young age, I have always felt as though I was slightly different, slightly special in a way that I could never understand myself or even begin to explain to others. I was apparently a very observant child who was always aware of everything and everyone. As I grew older, I became more aware of my self and my abilities as an individual.With every day that passes by at school and the many other experiences in which I've dealt with in life that have opened my mind to the abilities I have, I have finally discovered that I am an Empath. I can feel what others are feeling and immediately sense emotions and the general mood within a room. I am so aware of the energies around me and I literally feel as though I know exactly what needs to be done to fix a situation. If I knew how, I feel as though I could turn the negative energy of others into positive energy.I have such a strong desire to find peace within the world and I feel that I was given my life for an important purpose, to help and to heal others. I have always been attracted to spiritual things and people and I have a very caring and loving nature. I do though however find it very challenging being an Empath. Often I will feel overwhelmed with the emotions of others and as though I need long amounts of time to rest and regain my energy. I am a very busy person and this year especially is one of the busiest years for me. If anyone could provide me with any help or thoughts on how to manage being an Empath and how I should go about it, that would be greatly appreciated. I haven't opened up to my family about myself yet as I don't know how they'll react or if they'll look at me differently. Should I tell them?Thanks,Spiritul_light
updated by @spiritual-light: 05/15/17 03:39:08AM
TigerLily
@tigerlily
2 years ago
309 posts
I found out a few years ago as I was having panic attacks and anxiety to the point i though i was dying. It was my therapist who had told me after some time in therapy that I am. I was also told by a ReikI massage therapist as she sensed that about me. Both have told me I am a strong empath. I always thought it was normal to feel emotions about other people or who was causing the tension in the room. But it is not, my frinds thint im ridiculous about this. My struggle is I like to help people but it completely consumes and drains me that I'm to tired to focus on me. Yet I keep having these negative people come to me like a magnet. I have learned that being in nature washes all that out of me as I can release the energy and by having a good diet and ALOT of exercise. Since then I am able to focus on me and have been able to soul search again as I lost it with the gift I didn't know I had.
BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

Being an empath is always going to be challenging, however there are things you can do to recharge your energy and make you stronger so that you feel less overwhelmed and drained all the time. Most of it involves increasing your aura. The stronger your aura the more you can withstand and the less drained you feel, plus the stronger your powers will be. One trick is to stick the bottom of your tongue on the roof of your mouth. The more you can do that the stronger your aura will be. Also, clear quartz crystal increases aura. Wearing it, preferably a raw unpolished untumbled piece, or having it on you will increase your aura. There is also a technique for recharging with crystals when you have a hard day. It helps.

http://www.crystalsgems.com/general/recharging-yourself-with-crystals/

And here are two links for yoga poses to increase aura.

http://anmolmehta.com/blog/2011/08/11/increase-aura-power-and-energy-with-eagle-pose/

http://anmolmehta.com/blog/2009/09/22/aura-cleansing-power-yoga-technique/

As for telling your family, I recommend not. Once you open that box you can't close it again. People always tend to fear what they don't understand and what we do most people can't always understand and those that do may take advantage of what you do. You may be able to trust one or two people with it but it is always better not to tell than to tell. In general. You have good instincts. Trust them but err on the side of caution. Wait until the time is right with the right people and never trust a negative person with your secret.

Spiritual_light
@spiritual-light
2 years ago
3 posts
You are very right, thankyou so much for the advice.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book