To hurt others I have to be willing to hurt myself.

To post a reply, login or signup

shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

Hi I'm new here and just starting to get my head around this. Can anyone else relate with this sentiment? I have been called too passive, weak, unassertive, and shy my whole life. The few times that I have purposely hurt others I had to harness an enormous amount of anger. I now realise that that anger was not directed at my victim but myself.

I'm 37 and still have no idea what I'm supposed to do with my life. I feel like a scared kid on the edge of a pool unwilling to dive into the game of life. Sure Ive waded in from time to time but always recoiled. I realize now that it is because I hate the game. The game of dog eat dog. I refuse to become a cannibal. To join in the feeding frenzy. I would rather starve than become a "successful person".

When I am in the depths of depression and despair I can feel the collective pain and just want to somehow take it all away. How can a person just be blindly happy in the midst of so much suffering. Like having a grand ole party in Auschwitz.

I realize that I'm no good to anyone if I can't keep my own head above water, yet lately I have been having a hell of a time seeing any hope. I want to fight those who encourage cannibalism, yet have no idea how to do it. It reminds me of that saying: ** Vulgar yes but it gets the point across. The tools of peace seem so weak compared to the weapons of greed. Why does it seem like it so much easier to destroy than to build, to dominate than to love, to frighten than to calm. Are we in hell? If so, I want to go home.

So can anyone relate? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

updated by @shadowpath: 05/19/17 11:24:53PM
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Since you feel the emotions of others, then if you hurt them ..... well, I suppose it would backlash. Not fun. Your brain is your own. Sound like a silly statement? Several years ago I had PTSD. I was told it was something in which I had to learn to live. Uh, no. I read books like The Secret and Dr. Dyer. When negative thoughts occur I replace them with positive ones. I envision a positive future. Hey, I didn't say it was easy. However, changing my lifestyle was a breath, a step at a time. This site is a good place to start. Surround yourself with positive people. Remember you aren't responsible for others choices. You can't change their decisions. You can, however, control how you respond to them.

One of the survival tips for empaths should include .... stop watching the news. You are hurting yourself.

May you find happiness and accept that you are not in control of the world.

Chay

Bing
@bing
2 years ago
547 posts

293_discussions.jpgHi Shadow Path

This is the darkest and most difficult planet in the universe. I say this from the viewpoint of more than50 years of research and insight from the spirit realm. You, I, and all who are of the Light, came here on a volunteer mission to elevate the levels of Light, Life and Love at this particularly difficult time in the history of this planet. Like so many of us at the EC you have been labeled as being too sensitive and weak. It seems at times that we are on a prison world or living in a mad house. This is the only planet where the inhabitants forget the basic fact that we are all eternal spirits having a material experience. When you come here your memories are wiped clean and you forget this fact. That is what the Awakening is all about. You instinctively KNOW and remember who and what we are and are living this connection to the higher frequencies. The good thing is that you have found us and our oasis of sanity. Over the years I have met many empaths who have had to move to the country or live in the wilderness as they are too sensitive and become overwhelmed with the negativity. We are here to serve the Light and help those who we can in our everyday lives by being an example of LOVE to others. If you ever wish to chat or need some research done please feel free to contact me or any of the thousands of fellow empathic Lightworkers here at the EC.As the angels say, "Just ask". I LOVE to serve others and have a saying, "To Serve is to Love; To Love is to Serve." Welcome to a place of Light for all who seek it.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Yup, I know what you mean. I can't be mean to others either. Some people call it a fault but I won't allow myself to believe them. I got into an argument with a girl once and said a couple of really mean things I wanted to take back immediately. Since you can't unsay words, I apologized as soon as I said them. Right in the middle of the argument. She looked at me weird and told me I was crazy and bipolar because I went from really mean to genuinely sorry in a flash. I can't be mean because I feel the pain it causes others. But I think it's ok not to be mean. Being mean and disrespecting others accomplishes nothing. Loving and encouraging others accomplishes great things. :) you're perfect as you are.
shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

Thanks for the kind words Gene. What a relief to know that others get it.

shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

Wise words. I guess it is all about picking your battles and learning how to prioritize.

shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

Thanks Bing, I find your reply interesting and would love to discuss it further. Thanks!

shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

I think the hardest thing for me to accept is that other people are not like us. I've gotten the "you're crazy" handle tossed at me more times than I can count. But hey, sanity in a mad world would look crazy wouldn't it? Thanks for the kind words.

Bing
@bing
2 years ago
547 posts

295_discussions.jpg296_discussions.jpg297_discussions.jpg298_discussions.jpg299_discussions.jpg300_discussions.jpg

Know that you are loved beyond your capacity to comprehend.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
We live in a world that I truly dislike. No compassion. Lack of caring for the next. Its been so many times where I've seen an older person struggling and there is no person to help them. I'm usually busy when I witness it, or a person that falls. Seen so many kids fall and I ask what are their parents doing that is so important?! Nothing.

I don't believe every successful person is selfish, they simply worked hard for what they have and see everyone else as lazy or not trying hard enough. Some people just don't have that type of luck and others choose to avoid that type of life. There are some people that put in no effort, and I feel bad for them. We can't take care of a person that won't take care of themselves.

I dislike how money is used and given away. Realize we are slaves to their system, nothing beyond that. Who serves them hot food? Who cleans their homes? Who wash their cars?
But our government does everything to make sure we have nothing. Taxes on your checks. Taxes for your home. Taxes for your job. Too many and the money isn't used to better the community at all. It is for a war to obtain more greed. Troops are defending opium fields rather than searching for weapons.

On television you have sports players, stars and celebrities who have millions for doing nothing but wearing make up and saying a few lines. What about the hard working people in the food industry? How about starving kids in foreign countries? Even when you donate a dollar more than half is used to promote and pay their workers and the kids receive practically nothing. Guys in full clothing in front of kids who haven't ate in days but he wants you to donate.

All of the man made diseases and suppressed cures for them. Magic Johnson doesn't have hiv yet thousands are currently infected and dying. The medicine is not working and they know this. They make at least 1200 a month from one patient so why would there be a cure? We have more diseased and infected individuals on the planet right now vs all of history. With our technology being so advanced that you can search by voice, how haven't they found a cure to everything?

The corrupt systems in beach country. What type of system allows a criminal to walk off free? I've heard of so many cases where a murderer admits and receive less time in prison. Why would you release that lunatic again?? They are not safe. Leave them there.

I could go on but I will just stop. I am highly disappointed the way this world works. Everything is a lie.
Beth Khauv
@beth-khauv
2 years ago
6 posts

I am new also and reading this is like you just read my mind!!

shadowpath
@shadowpath
2 years ago
7 posts

I hear ya Daniel. I worked on a national political campaign in my early 20s and had the "pleasure" of rubbing shoulders with some of the movers and shakers in DC. I was not aware of being an empath at the time, but let me tell you did it take all of my self control not to jerk my hand away from their greasy handshakes.

I realized quickly that politics was not for me. Yet I'm still haunted by it. The system has become so corrupt. It has made me ponder the nature of power and what it does to those who wield it for years. It seems a shame that empaths are pretty much excluded from the political realm.

I wish I had some answers for you. Keep your chin up and make a difference where you can.

bohemianblue
@bohemianblue
2 years ago
3 posts
I don't really have any insight but I can definitely relate.
bohemianblue
@bohemianblue
2 years ago
3 posts
I've been accused of being bipolar for the same reason lol.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you! I do try. lol Anything I can do, then please let me know.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book