Would we frighten?

To post a reply, login or signup

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

On Dr. Michael Smith's website he states "Other might have a hard time understanding us, so for the sake of not sounding crazy let us keep this a secret. In addition, please ignore false claims and hoaxes. Empath ability is not a super power. It's a gift that you must learn how to feed and harness." (http://www.empathsecret.com/)

Valid points. Should we maintain silence so others don't think we are crazy? Would they feel violated when/if they realize what we know about them? Are we peeking? Would we frighten the masses?

What do you think?

updated by @chay: 10/21/17 09:16:06AM
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
For the most part most people you tell will look at you crazy, demand you tell them how they feel, or laugh it off.I'm sure they would not feel comfortable knowing you're in their head without permission. Some people want to keep secrets. If they knew you had this ability then they may distance themselves out of fear you may sense.something they don't want anyone to speak of.I can imagine that kids would be impressed and would like to learn
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

My personal perspective:

1) Don't "look" without permission

2) If you do "look" without permission, don't tell

3) Stand up for who you are but ...

4) Don't confuse people who don't understand

5) Recognize that there are people out there who come off as varying shades of weird/crazy. Avoid adding one more to their numbers.

6) Recognize that balancing 3 4 and 5 is a challenge! :-)

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
If find myself not letting anyone know unless I am confident that they will understand. I have in the past tended to wear my heart on my sleeve so I have learned that most people are not at all comfortable about things they don't understand, and it hurts to be called crazy and have people shy away. So the best practice (I think) is for the most part keep it to yourself.
Dave
@dave
2 years ago
8 posts
I have told a few friends and yes they think I am crazy and they do laugh it off. But I still just keep helping the ones in need and I also check on friends without them knowing.
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Thank you for the replies. Good points! I believe many would be uncomfortable. Whenever any one approaches me I feel them and have a knowing about them. It is as automatic as my other senses. If I told someone who I was helping, then they might not let me help. And, I need to help. It might be just greeting someone at the store or guiding one of the people I work with to be happier.

So, do you think I should not help? Do you know what I mean? Is it egotistical of me to automatically help because of the information I receive?

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
728 posts
No, Chay you are not egotistical. We are naturally prone to want to help people.
Sarah-Jane Thomson
@sarah-jane-thomson
2 years ago
1 posts
Ok so much earlier tonight I felt quite compelled and somewhat driven so respond to your above question, but as the night went on I discovered that what I was writing was not only a personal account from one Empath to another (who's fairly new on her journey) but was well much longer than one had expected, so I copied what I wrote then pasted it into my notes app on my iPad, and well continued to write my reply to you, it's quite some piece of writing that much so I have now finished it and saved it, but alas it's too long to paste back into this discussion...so my question to yourself, is there anyway way that you might be able to tell me that I may forward on my piece of writing to you as I think it may be something that could be of interest to you...my email is sj_doctor@yahoo.co.uk, if you message me then I could send it on to your email in reply...but believe me it was written with a lot of thought an I feel now that it's finished to give it the justice it deserves I would very much like to pass on my thoughts so that you might like to give me feedback on this...with many many thanksSarah-Jane
Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

Email sent!

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

Only the ignorant are frightened of what they don't understand. That being said, some people are not ready for the truth. Some things are better kept to yourself until the time is right. As an empath you will know who it is safe to share with and who it is not. As for myself, I opt for not sharing 99 percent of the time. Not that I don't long to share. I just don't feel most of the people in my life right now would understand or would one day use it against me.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

The thing about being an empath is that if you hurt another, then it comes back on you. I am glad that you held back. It shows that you are strong and do not want to inflict harm. Great choice.

Eduardo Guillermo Vera
@eduardo-guillermo-vera
2 years ago
18 posts

My 2 cents

Blur - Best Days

Always enjoy the music ;)

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

So, we maintain silence based upon our own decision to share or not. That makes sense. Do you think if the masses actually knew how many of us exist and how we know things about a person, then we would have problems? It doesn't bother me if someone reads me. I have had it done more than once. What I am asking .... do you think society as a whole would find us a threat, or creepy, or we would be ostracized? Do you believe it is a concern?

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I think that people fear what they don't understand. Both history and fiction has shown that any leap in evolution is met with fear and the desire to wipe out the ones who are different/unique. Is is wrong to protect our secret when they give us no reason to believe they will accept us? Everything out there says they won't. Better to err on the side of caution then the other option.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

I agree. Thank you for the insight. I do believe you are absolutely right we should be cautious.

BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

I look at it this way. Once something is said it can't be unsaid. So think long and hard before you say it and who you say it to.

Chay
@chay
2 years ago
82 posts

To me we really are gifted and special. That doesn't mean that it, like any gift, comes without a price. At least now we are able to support one another even though we have to be careful.

Thank you.

thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

Good advice.

thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

I rarely enter someone's head without their asking, and if I DO, I keep it a secret. And I NEVER read someone without a good reason.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book