Reckless
Reckless
@reckless
3 years ago
117 posts
For the most part most people you tell will look at you crazy, demand you tell them how they feel, or laugh it off.I'm sure they would not feel comfortable knowing you're in their head without permission. Some people want to keep secrets. If they knew you had this ability then they may distance themselves out of fear you may sense.something they don't want anyone to speak of.I can imagine that kids would be impressed and would like to learn
updated by @reckless: 12/28/17 06:17:54PM
Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
274 posts

My personal perspective:

1) Don't "look" without permission

2) If you do "look" without permission, don't tell

3) Stand up for who you are but ...

4) Don't confuse people who don't understand

5) Recognize that there are people out there who come off as varying shades of weird/crazy. Avoid adding one more to their numbers.

6) Recognize that balancing 3 4 and 5 is a challenge! :-)

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 years ago
754 posts
If find myself not letting anyone know unless I am confident that they will understand. I have in the past tended to wear my heart on my sleeve so I have learned that most people are not at all comfortable about things they don't understand, and it hurts to be called crazy and have people shy away. So the best practice (I think) is for the most part keep it to yourself.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 years ago
754 posts
No, Chay you are not egotistical. We are naturally prone to want to help people.
BriarRose
BriarRose
@briarrose
3 years ago
68 posts

Only the ignorant are frightened of what they don't understand. That being said, some people are not ready for the truth. Some things are better kept to yourself until the time is right. As an empath you will know who it is safe to share with and who it is not. As for myself, I opt for not sharing 99 percent of the time. Not that I don't long to share. I just don't feel most of the people in my life right now would understand or would one day use it against me.

Eduardo Guillermo Vera
Eduardo Guillermo Vera
@eduardo-guillermo-vera
3 years ago
18 posts

My 2 cents

Blur - Best Days

Always enjoy the music ;)

BriarRose
BriarRose
@briarrose
3 years ago
68 posts

I think that people fear what they don't understand. Both history and fiction has shown that any leap in evolution is met with fear and the desire to wipe out the ones who are different/unique. Is is wrong to protect our secret when they give us no reason to believe they will accept us? Everything out there says they won't. Better to err on the side of caution then the other option.

BriarRose
BriarRose
@briarrose
3 years ago
68 posts

I look at it this way. Once something is said it can't be unsaid. So think long and hard before you say it and who you say it to.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book