Does it ever feel like...

To post a reply, login or signup

BrandiFlorida
@brandiflorida
2 years ago
10 posts

Hey guys,

I hope you're having a great day/night today. I was just sitting here thinking..

Does it ever feel like others have more power over your moods than you do?

I was having an amazing day today, the best I've had in while, when my grumpy roommate marches in and my energy just sours like bad milk. I don't like this. I feel angry. I feel powerless.

Nothing happened today to feel this bad. I'm gonna go for a walk to shake it off, but I just wondered if anyone else has ever felt this way - like you could be bobbing on a raging sea, gasping for air, or totally underwater depending on whoever (or whatever) knocks you overboard.

I'm gonna get some air.. Thanks for letting me vent :)

updated by @brandiflorida: 05/06/17 04:01:33AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Yes, I have trouble with that often. From what I have been reading from different members here is if you are grounded it helps. I have tried that and it does help, however, if I do not keep this in mind (like the next day). I forget to ground myself until it is too late....then, here comes the outside mood. It is sometimes hard for me to distinguish between what is my own and what is from an outside source.
BrandiFlorida
@brandiflorida
2 years ago
10 posts

Wow! That is very stressful, being in the center of the library with so many people swirling about. And then you get home with family, and it's more. But you handle it all like a champ.

You're right about that walk too. Must feel amazing in the rain! Last night, the walk was perfect. It was cool and quiet. The stars were out, and it felt like whatever bothered me before just didn't matter. In nature, all stress falls away. I felt like me again. :)

BrandiFlorida
@brandiflorida
2 years ago
10 posts

Hi Cat,

That's a great point, to ground before it's needed. Empath Self Care. It's my goal to learn empath self-care techniques and practices because I'm realizing how essential it is. I've taken for granted how anyone who is sensitive, empathic, or aware of another's energy..needs tools to maintain their sanity haha and be healthy. Those who are more "hardy" easily maintain their space, but those who are more fluid, we need advanced courses in this.

It's like Maslow's hierarchy of needs. There's a therapist that teaches and talks about all this, and if I can find that info, I'll post here.

Ro
@ro
2 years ago
1 posts
So grounding?that sounds interesting how is that achieved?
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Thanks, I would love to check it out. I am still learning, this is still all new to me.
Kaitlyn
@kaitlyn
2 years ago
5 posts
It is an every day thing for me, and sometimes it works out for the better. There have been plenty of times I have woken up in a great mood ready for anything the day can bring, then suddenly I'm depressed or angry for no reason other than people. But sometimes I will be having a horrible day and I'll cross paths with just the right energy and bam I'm feeling great, happy even.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 years ago
726 posts
Check out the Empath Survival Guide by Elise
BriarRose
@briarrose
2 years ago
68 posts

As an empath this is always going to happen. It cannot be avoided. You will take on the emotions of others and it will hurt you sometimes. However, there are several things you can do to help. First, do your best to stay away from negative people especially when they are in a bad mood. I know this isn't always possible but anytime you can avoid them it will help. Also minimize your exposure to crowds. As your powers grow you will have a harder time with them because there will always be one or more in the group waiting to drain you or throw negative emotions at you, whether on purpose or by accident.

Second, learn to block/shield. This is very important especially if you are living with someone who tends to get explosively angry. There are many techniques and I will include a very helpful link at the end of this but I also highly recommend getting some black tourmaline. It is the strongest of the protection stones. It creates a strong shield that repels all negative energy. It also feels really good. Like a soothing balm just being near it. Get it raw, untumbled and unpolished. Completely natural. It has more power when it is untouched and fresh from the earth. Also get more than one piece. They sell it by the pound on Amazon. I recommend that. Black tourmaline needs to recharge itself after each use (something I learned myself by using it). Also use it only when you need it, when you plan to be around negative people (again so it can recharge). How I use it is I grab a fresh piece when I go out and put it in my pocket. The next time I need protection I grab a different piece.

The third thing you need is to clearing, there is many ways to do this. Meditation, smudging, reiki, crystals, earthing. One method I use is a simple salt scrub that I make. It helps me a lot. Feel free to message me and I will happily give you the recipe.

The last thing is strengthening your aura. This does two things, it not only protects you from negativity by creating a shield because you are stronger but also it grows your powers at the same time. Again there are several methods for doing this and again I am happy to share with anyone who wants to know. Message me if you want the info.

http://healyourlifeforever.com/empaths-instant-protection-techniques/

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book