tips to stay calm at work

To post a reply, login or signup

Katelyn
@katelyn
2 years ago
4 posts
Hi all, I'm brand new to this beautiful community so I wanted to introduce myself and say thank you for having me here. I wanted to start by asking a question, being fairly new to this lifestyle I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on how to handle things. I have been working at a store called wawa (like a 7-11 except way busier) for over two years now. My problem is that everyone is coming at me from the time I start at 530am to the time I leave at 3pm. Customers and employees and bosses alike. It overwhelms me so much, mostly because those people are angry and upset and it clings to me like a second skin. At times I feel like just walking out. How do I block myself from all of these negative emotions all day? Its very hard to detach. Thank you for advice in advance
updated by @katelyn: 03/16/17 01:16:11AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

Hi Katelyn:

You are in the right place! You are no longer alone, you are now part of a community that has been where you are!

Some reading material for you to get you going...

1. Elise'sEmpath Survival Program.
  2. Donna Eden'sZip Up Technique
  3. theTools for the Empathgroup
  4. Thriving As An Empath - my own favorite for reasons that will be obvious when you go there. I personally use this technique every day.

For some people being an empath feels like a liability now but it is a gift, an honor and a privilege to have this ability. Enjoy reading the articles.

Trevor

Katelyn
@katelyn
2 years ago
4 posts
Thank you so much! From the little I have read thus far, there are so many things that I never understood that make perfect sense now. From not being able to watch certain things on tv without a visceral reaction to street lights going out when I get near them, to having premonitions in my dreams and lucid dreaming. it is so wonderful that I am not crazy and these things are truly happening to me. I habe always thought I had a gift and I'm so excited to learn how to use it correctly. Thank you for these, can't wait to read!!
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I've worked in places where I was around people all day and it does get draining. For a couple years I answered phones for the university parking enforcement office where I went to school. Almost every call I got was somebody angry about a ticket or frustrated because they didn't understand where to park. I taught myself to look past the person's anger and find their love. It not only helped me to avoid picking up their negativity, but it also made me feel GOOD because I was seeing different kinds of love in different kinds of people all day long. It really reinforces your love for humanity when you see the goodness in people even at their worst. <3
Katelyn
@katelyn
2 years ago
4 posts
Thank you Sirah and Emmy Ever since I realized I had this gift, I have tried to find the beauty in everything, it helps a lot. People always ask me why I'm so happy, customers actually find it to be "too much for them" when I don't let things bother me, it confuses me. But I do try my best to not let it get to me and look past the negativity. A lot of it is because people really haven't had a chance to have their coffee and start their day yet, its understandable. When I worked 3pm to midnight the amount of happiness and love I felt was amazing.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book