Grounding quickly in a pinch. How do you do it?

To post a reply, login or signup

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I was woken up this morning with a phone call that was not good at all. I learned some things and was hurt very badly and it's left me with a mess to clean up that I really don't have the time to be dealing with righ now. To make matters worse we had a very important meeting at work this morning with the big wigs of the company that I could not miss. So I drug myself out bed feeling angry, hurt, and completely ungrounded. I stopped at the gas station on my way to get some coffee and I realized how much my negative energy was affecting the environment around me. Usually when this happens I can take a deep breath, visualize my energy flowing from my feet down into source energy, and I can calm myself down. I tried this but it didn't work. I was still fuming from the conversation and I couldn't focus enough to even manage a deep calming breath. Does anyone have any suggestions on grounding quickly in a pinch? I had a lot I wanted to bring up in the meeting, and while I got my points across, I know it would have went better if I could have been present and grounded.
updated by @emmy-long: 01/11/17 10:04:38AM
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Cheer myself up by promising to do something by the end of the day that I will enjoy. During that time I'd think about what was bothering me and find some type of solution. If I think of something then that's good, if not then I'll enjoy the night.This could be as simple as watching a bunch of series, listening to music, playing with animals or kids, or just going to hang with some friends. Maybe even a workout. Working out keeps you in a good mood overall and makes you feel better about yourself.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
That's actually a really good idea. I am doing better now. All it took was a good hour of meditaion followed by an hour of music and cleaning my apartment with my dog. Im sure if I had concentrated on getting to do that this morning I would have been able to calm down some.
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Truthfully that's how I reset myself, but I'm glad to know I helped a bit.Oh and just know mornings are the most difficult as an empath. For me at least. Thats when too many emotions hit me at once.
Tracie
@tracie
2 years ago
16 posts

Qigong for me. When I get in a mess I do qigong exercises that focus on the area that I need rebalancing.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

With practice, you can associate a grounding or shielding technique with a particular movement, like clinching your toes for grounding, or making a fist for shielding. Or you can use a phrase. Silly as this sounds, I've gotten into a habit of saying "Shields up, Scottie" when I feel I need one. . ."Make it so" would be a good one...or "Warp speed"...:)

Pat-Starbridge
@pat-starbridge
2 years ago
437 posts

Grounding is simply connecting oneself to this life. We connect to this world through what we love. Think of someone, something that you love; visualize it and allow yourself to feel the love you have for the person or thing. By connecting in this way, you quickly re establish why you are here on this earth.

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I'm still new at this, wish I had some good advice.

There are times when you are going to be ungrounded, and it sounds like you had good reason. Don't be too hard on yourself when you can't pull it together. When you're broadsided by awful news, it's not easy for anyoneto recover quickly.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Thanks for the advice and support guys. :) I will be sure to try some of your suggestions the next time something like this happens.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book