new to this

To post a reply, login or signup

Sheena
@sheena
2 years ago
3 posts
hi allas I was scrolling through YouTube I stumbled across a video clip, signs you maybe an empath, having no idea what it meant I was curious so I viewed it and was surprised of how many signs I resonated with. since I was a teen ive been able to read people, for example know what mood they are in, whether they are genuine or not etc. as I got older it got easier to pick this up, I have always been a go to person and I dont mind because I love to uplift other peoples spirits, however it would leave me feeling so drained my mood would change an id become annoyed and grumpy. my partner whom I love so dearly is a great man who unfortunately has been struck with 2 significant losses, being his 2 children who tragically passed only 2 years apart, since then he has suffered from several types of mental conditions. when in a sad or crankmood I sense this and my heart starts to pound as it drops to the pit of my stomach like the feeling of nervousness, im not sure whether its how hes feeling and im picking it up or its because I know him well, also when he talks to me about his problems,mind you im a great listener the same thing happens I become drained an I see him feeling better like ive sucked in his negativity whilst his negative turns to positive, I apologise for the long post, i guess im just looking for the same others come here for :)
updated by @sheena: 01/20/17 06:49:29PM
Sheena
@sheena
2 years ago
3 posts
I should be more clear, if my partner is in a cranky mood my heart starts pounding and i feel it drop to the pit of my stomach, if he is feeling down I become overwhelmed almost like a black cloud hovering over me, I guess what im trying to say is am I feeling what he is or is it that I know him so well that I can just tell what mood hes in? because of a horrible childhood ive been great at blocking emotions and lack of expressing them, however I am learning to
Sheena
@sheena
2 years ago
3 posts
thankyou for the welcoming gene I will be sure to check out the survival link :)
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I was told by a more experienced empath that when we use our own energy to uplift others then we can feel drained. It sounds like that's what you've been doing. How to fix that and still be there for others, is to connect to source energy and use THAT to help them instead of our own. There's a lot of different ways to do this. How I do it is through meditation. I will visualize a trunk coming down from my root chakra and reaching down into the earth where it meets with a big ball of light that is source energy. Then when people are unloading their negativity on to me, I will let the energy flow through my trunk and into source energy where it is transformed and released as love and positivity. Then that love and positivity can surround them and comfort them.

What will work for each individual is different. That is what works for me. But if you're having problems with feeling drained I invite you to look into connecting to sourse energy and using that because it's unlimited.

Also, as empaths we have to be very careful that we aren't using our energy or source energy to manipulate. Sometimes it's hard for us to know where the line between manipulation and helping lies. And every empath will have a different opinion on what's ok and what's morally wrong. I don't think there is anything wrong with sending love to a person who is hurting. But I think when we manipulate a persons emotions to make them feel better, without letting them work through the issue making them feel bad, then we take away that opportunity for them to learn how to help themselves and deal with their emotions.

I hope this helps and doesn't just confuse you more. :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book