I get so angry grocery-shopping...

Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

I get home and it hits me all at once - irritability, fatigue, and anger. Even at the nicest grocery stores, people are angry at the high prices, their own poverty -and it's contagious.

I can't afford a personal grocery shopper. Any ideas for cloaking myself from this nastiness?

updated by @visitor: 09/01/18 09:52:25PM
Emmy Long
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
3 years ago
486 posts
Shop later in the evening. :) There are usually less people there then, so traditional methods of grounding/filtering/sheilding work better. I don't mean like 5-6pm when everyone gets off work, I mean like 8-9pm if you can. This is something I discovered once I began working thirds as it changed my whole schedule. Also early in the morning like 6am works well too. I do realize some stores aren't open at those times and for those I'd recommend showing up right when they open or close. Good luck and I hope this helps! :)
Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

Emmy, that's a great idea and I do shop at odd hours when I can. I don't always have that choice, though. Thanks!

Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 years ago
274 posts

Try the exercise in Thriving As An Empath before you leave the house!

It has worked for many of us!

Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
3 years ago
303 posts

I don't know the history of the properties I shop in, but I usually buy groceries at a natural grocery. The vibes are nicer than the local superstores. Walmart is out of the question - it has horrible energy.

Angel
Angel
@angel
3 years ago
607 posts

Headphones have always been my life saver. I have music downloaded on my phone so when I go into the store, I plug in the headphones and kind of retreat in my own little world as I'm shopping. It's so much easier to tune everyone else out that way:)

Dice
Dice
@dice
3 years ago
285 posts

I do music with headphones too... :)

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book