I get so angry grocery-shopping...

To post a reply, login or signup

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I get home and it hits me all at once - irritability, fatigue, and anger. Even at the nicest grocery stores, people are angry at the high prices, their own poverty -and it's contagious.

I can't afford a personal grocery shopper. Any ideas for cloaking myself from this nastiness?

updated by @visitor: 10/23/17 11:35:37AM
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Shop later in the evening. :) There are usually less people there then, so traditional methods of grounding/filtering/sheilding work better. I don't mean like 5-6pm when everyone gets off work, I mean like 8-9pm if you can. This is something I discovered once I began working thirds as it changed my whole schedule. Also early in the morning like 6am works well too. I do realize some stores aren't open at those times and for those I'd recommend showing up right when they open or close. Good luck and I hope this helps! :)
Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Emmy, that's a great idea and I do shop at odd hours when I can. I don't always have that choice, though. Thanks!

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Try the exercise in Thriving As An Empath before you leave the house!

It has worked for many of us!

nEj
@nej
2 years ago
1 posts

The grocery store is a tough one for me as well. I shield like crazy when I go and I try to shop during off times when the stores are not as crowded. I tried "mirroring" for a while, but people kept running into me with their carts. lol

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

I don't know the history of the properties I shop in, but I usually buy groceries at a natural grocery. The vibes are nicer than the local superstores. Walmart is out of the question - it has horrible energy.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

Nice to see this post. Grocery shopping gets me too. When I had the option, I would go very late at night. Now I go get what I absolutely have to have and get out. All the healthy food is around the perimeter so I avoid the aisles. I'm vegetarian but have to but meat for my dog (allergic to dogfood) and the people hovering over the meat really make me nervous. It is amazing how long a person will stare at dead flesh. It puts me in a bad mood. . . I do use tunnel vision sometimes.

Oh, and I pick up a chocolate bar as soon as I walk in and eat it while I'm there. Chocolate helps everything...I do pay for it on the way out!

Angel
@angel
2 years ago
607 posts

Headphones have always been my life saver. I have music downloaded on my phone so when I go into the store, I plug in the headphones and kind of retreat in my own little world as I'm shopping. It's so much easier to tune everyone else out that way:)

April Marquiss
@april-marquiss
2 years ago
1 posts
There is to much going on in big stores for me to handle. I can handle about fifteen minutes in a store and then I break. There is so much emotions and energy going on that I literally start shaking and get light headed.
Gin S
@gin-s
2 years ago
225 posts

I have been getting worse in that area. Now when I go in a big store I start to get dizzy, lightheaded, kind of a blurry, tunnel vision. I thought it was because we were going too early before I had a chance to eat breakfast but it is happening whether I eat or not. I happens anywhere with a lot of electronic machinery or people. We do try to go shopping during the quiet times but place can hold energy too. I have to get back to my shielding practice.

Dice
@dice
2 years ago
284 posts

I do music with headphones too... :)

thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

I don't have a solution to the grocery store problem, but I CAN tell you that you are not alone in your frustration at grocery shopping. I , too, experience this at many stores, and my S/O cannot fathom my aversion to any sort of shopping. If I could afford to do all my grocery shopping online , I would.

thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

Big-Box stores are the WORST! I cannot enter a Costco nor a Sams Club. Way too much negative energy .

thinkinpictures76
@thinkinpictures76
2 years ago
10 posts

Buildings and properties DO carry energy. Walmart is terrible. I am pretty sure it is the misery of the people who work there that I feel every time I enter any Walmart.

MusicianAthena
@musicianathena
2 years ago
10 posts

I get like that too when shopping. When children cry, it makes me want to break down and cry too. When the parents tell them to stop and they're angry I get upset too. I usually have to go home and decompress from things like that. My fiance understands that I am empathic and so he lets me have all the time I need.

Equus Aquarius
@equus-aquarius
2 years ago
184 posts

Trevor,

Your exercise has worked for me the best so far when I have had to deal with the dreaded grocery store (my least favorite place to go too).

After I get home and put my groceries away, I also smudge myself, go outside and shake it off:)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book