any other empaths in their twenties?

To post a reply, login or signup

Jamie Lex
@jamie-lex
2 years ago
22 posts
Hey, I'm Jamie and I'm 20. Just looking for other empaths around my age so we can exchange stories and tips for day to day life. I feel like things are pretty chaotic for an empath in their 20's. I also have a lot of 'empaths issues' that no one can relate to haha.
updated by @jamie-lex: 10/19/17 05:19:52AM
Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

I am buddy. 25 years old.

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
I'm about to turn 24! :) I think this is a special time in our lives, and for me at least, empathy has made it even more special. <3
Jamie Lex
@jamie-lex
2 years ago
22 posts
Hi all:) Sandie, I'm just talking about things like dealing with ignorant people, not only hearing what people say but feeling the emotion they feel while saying it, dealing with all the crazy people in our age group and idk if anyone 'parties' but I think its kinda tough to deal with that.. Idk just living life as a young empath:)
Meghan
@meghan
2 years ago
5 posts

I'm 26! I know the feeling of it. I feel there are so many ways we can relate as an empath from all age groups but definitely I feel as tho close age groups have similar issues. What are your issues you're dealing with?

Meghan
@meghan
2 years ago
5 posts

I always have trouble making myself go out to "party". I really like my solitude or just being in nature. Chaotic situations overwhelm me. I guess how I deal with ignorant people is to just see them as they are. People will change when they are ready. It is really hard to deal with especially since we can feel others emotions. I guess the best way is to ground for me, spend time alone to " recharge", and learn to see things as they are and sometimes that alone helps me not take on others energies so much that aren't needed or disperse them where needed.

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Im 27Yeah things are def chaotic for me. I lost $20 earlier today. Ruined my gas money.
Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
People bring up good points about partying and money issues. I like to go out with friends but I really don't like some of the stigma that goes with it. When I'm out with my girls, I'm not looking for some guy to come hit on me. When they do and I reject them, there's always so much anger and embarrassment and entitlement that's given off. It can really ruin my evening if I pay it too much attention. I'm sorry, but I'm not here for entertainment, I'm a person trying to have fun like everyone else, and you're not entitled to a dance with me! And then there's always the issue of alcohol. I do enjoy an occasional drink, but I've never understood getting "wasted". That's not to say I've never done it, just that I don't think it's fun and I don't do it often. When I'm out with people who are overintoxicated, the emotions can be a bit much. Extreme ups and extreme downs.And don't even get me started on money! :) I wish we still grew our own food and made our own clothes and furniture. Or at least traded skills/goods for stuff. I lose so much sleep trying to balance school with work, just to make enough money to pay my rent and electric and hopefully have some left over for food. In our twenties, I think money is a struggle because we have adult responsibilities (rent, untilities, gas, groceries), but we don't really have adult jobs yet. We're either still in school or trying to work our way up at our current jobs. It's a weird place to be.But for me, I have a feeling this will end up being my favorite time of my life. The struggle is all too real, but I've learned how to live without. If I don't have gas I CAN walk three miles to work and be ok. If I have to live off of ramen noodles and crackers for a week or two, I can do it! I'm free to do what I want. I have no obligations to tie me down. I can live completely for myself and it's ok. I'm discovering how much I really need, and establishing my priorities and values along the way. I've been to hell and back, lived without water at times, without electric, didn't know where my next meal would come from, beaten an eating disorder, got out of a bad relationship, been officially evicted from a house, quit a job without having another lined up. AND STILL HERE I AM! I've made it. <3 Maybe I wasn't the most responsible at times and I suffered consequences for my mistakes, but I'm learning what works for me. :) And I think that's what our twenties are for.
Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Haha that's sad really but that's how most guys are. I don't bother with any person that rejects me. These days that's rare though.

I can relate to being hit on and feeling uncomfortable. I quit this job, thank goodness. This lady is so fine but she was married and spoke no English. I would try to speak Spanish but I couldn't understand her every word so it was hard to talk. One day she asked me to date her daughter and I said Id like to meet her. When I met her and had no interest... Now work is hella weird and she hit on me for two days straight kept asking to hang out right then and there. I was considered bad for rejecting her...but she's not my type.

One night in a bar Im wasted and this lady walks over talking to the guys Im with then drags me in. She followed me for the rest of the night.. I took her number to attend a house party but never sent a text

I used to get wasted so often. I was hanging with the wrong crowd now that I look back. They didn't like me much but they knew I attract the finest women and they are the biggest liars you could ever meet. I hung with them just to feel accepted. I don't drink as much as I used to, I can hold my own, but I go when in the mood..once every two or three months haha

Parties weren't a big deal. I got used to them after being dragged to them at Age 19.

You sound like a strong person, mentally, Id have to see a bicep to say physically haha.

I went through hell too. Not that long ago either. I kept saying to myself before it happened "something is going to happen. I feel Sorry for my future self because hell is going to break loose soon" and it did.. crashed my fast car at 100mph and my finger had a scratch that was 1-2cm deep. The day I got my car everyone distanced themselves from me. After they came back criticizing and saying they'd miss me. From that day I tore my heart in half and got rid of a lot of people that I was so close to. I am alone, and I do not care. I knew one day Id be all alone and a part of me looked forward to it. Everything is fine and the same people are repeating history. I have no interest in that at all.
Crownite
@crownite
2 years ago
107 posts

I'll be turning 24. I wouldn't call it chaotic. I've been this way for as long as I can remember and I tend to have a pretty calm life.

Lolsashmac
@lolsashmac
2 years ago
1 posts
Yep. 21 here and just discovered I'm an empath
Jamie Lex
@jamie-lex
2 years ago
22 posts
Omg I feel you on the party thing with the dudes and all that. I'm a bisexual and everyone I meet in situations like that just assumes it means I'll have sex with anyone... I honestly can't socialize nearly as much as I'd like to because being an empath isn't something that people consider or even know about mostly. I get so sensitive to other people that if I cant get a few days away from everything I'll just start breaking down periodically lol.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book