My Awakening Experience

To post a reply, login or signup

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Hey, Ya'll... Im brand new to the site and i just recently discovered that I have allot of the traits of not only an empath, I have always known i was different and could tell if a person was being "real", but i always put it aside because i felt like an outcast.. i am now 40 years old and things feel like they are bubbling up that i just could not ignore anymore. So a week or so ago i heard someone say they were an Empath on TV... I had heard the term before, but i did not know if it was a real ability or not... so i googled it and found out sooo much information.. It was like the bubbling up feelings just erupted... it was such a relief to finally know that i was not crazy and i was not mentally ill... My Question is this... Since my discovery and and all my research, i feel like the flood gates have opened and i am getting pounded by waves of emotion and senses and feelings from EVERYWHERE... it is so draining and exhausting that for the last 3 days i have barely been able to get out of bed... it kinda scary i have even noticed animals, especially birds are attracted to me. They fly closer and land within feet of me and are not easily scared away .... Has anyone else had a similar experience after their awakening?

updated by @angel-in-training: 01/16/17 06:09:57AM
Jamie Lex
@jamie-lex
2 years ago
22 posts

Hey! Welcome, I'm new as well:) Animals also flock around me and I've always thought it was because they knew people like us can communicate with them better. I suggest looking up the techniques, grounding and centering. Those are your two greatest tools in getting control. Also you can google 'meditations for empaths' and I'm sure you'll find something that will help. I'm glad to hear that you've awakened and are so open to everything, that makes it so much easier, haha. I will say though there are some things that empaths can do that seem ridiculous or scary:P Thanks for adding me as your friend!

Emmy Long
@emmy-long
2 years ago
484 posts
Welcome! :) This is a great place to learn and find support. I've been here about a year now and it's been so beneficial. The two posts before me give great places to start, and I also suggest you look into "shielding". I use it in place of blocking. And I also meditate regularly. I use my meditation time to focus on the positives and opening my heart to them. I've made a conscious decision to feel the good in the world and let the bad "filter" through. And it works! What will work for each person is different, but I'd advise looking into all of it. Also, if I hae a really bad day and feel like I've picked up a bunch of "muck" from others I will take a shower. While in the shower I imagine my own personal energy is a bright white light around me, and the muck I've picked up is like black goop. Then I imagine the water from the shower is bright rainbow light. As the water washes over me I visualize the rainbow light washing the muck away and cleaning my own bright white light. I will stay in there until I feel I am "clean". It might sound silly but it really works for me, and I've found lavender scented soaps and oils help as well. I hope something I've shared helps! Once you are able to reign in your gift and get it under control you will see how truly blessed you are. <3
fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

Angel, now that I KNOW what is happening, I see it too.

I stumbled across a few articles that described the awakening, and now that I know what some of the sensations are that I am feeling, I can begin to understand.

It's a little like trying to describe labor pains to someone who hasn't been in labor yet, and then once it happens for them, they have that "aha" moment.

My sleep patterns, my isolation, my infatuation with tarot, chakras and crystals, my weight changes, the ringing in my ears, the deja vu, the auras, the energy perception and FATIGUE that made me wonder if was was indeed crazy now make me realize I'm just a little sensitive :)

Rest. Sleep. Take your time. Read. Come here. There is SO much here to help.

-R

Meghan
@meghan
2 years ago
5 posts

Hey! I'm new as well. I found out I was an empath around the beginning of last year. But I've just recently started looking up what an empath was probably the end of last year. It became overwhelming for me too. It was a relief for me too. I used to always think that everyone was like me and that everyone else could just handle the situations better than me, with my emotions and all. But seriously, since I've found out more and more of what an empath is, things totally started making sense for me. I feel like the way I feel about people and situations and even upcoming events had a legitimate reason for me. I do spend a lot of time alone or if its with people, just around my close family. I'm not antisocial. I can go up to anyone and talk to them and have a conversation but it is draining. I spend a lot of time in nature usually on walks. Alone time is what recharges me. Recently I've spent more time alone than I normally do and I feel like I've discovered so many things about myself and what it really means to have this gift. As far as the animals go, I believe that animals come into our lives for a specific reason, usually to give us messages. Just like if you believe people come in your life for a reason to teach us something. Every animal, in my beliefs, have different meanings. If they are there, figure out what they are trying to tell you. Of course, you don't have to believe this. Everyone has their own truth they feel good and comfortable with. Hope to get to know you more! And hope this has helped! You're not alone.

Meghan

Meghan
@meghan
2 years ago
5 posts

Thanks for the tips! These seem like great ways to cleanse yourself. I meditate regularly but I haven't thought of the shower thing. Which I think is ironic because I love the rain. I feel as though every time it rains, the environment around me including my house, my yard, etc, is cleansed. Why not do it in the shower? I do always feel better emotionally when I shower but I think intentions behind it could make it more powerful.

Thanks emmy!

Meghan

Reckless
@reckless
2 years ago
117 posts
Birds creep me out. Of all the places to land you choose my cars mirror?! Then they just stare. Im sure people think on weird.One thing I hate is when you try your best not to be noticed and people just won't look away. I know empaths have higher frequencies and they're noticed by most, but Im so tired of unwanted attention. Then you can't ignore them completely. Even if you miss every word they say you just feel it.
Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Lol.... i totally get that too..... thanks for sharing and thank you for making me laugh.....

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it....

Blessed Be....

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Thank you, Gene.... i appreciate your response...

Blessed Be...

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Wow, That's a beautiful vision... thank you so much for sharing that with me....

Blessed Be...

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Thank you for the advice... I really appreciate it.

Blessed Be..

Angel in Training
@angel-in-training
2 years ago
7 posts

Thank you for sharing, I really appreciate it.

Blessed Be...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book