Quantum Physics and Empaths

To post a reply, login or signup

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
274 posts

In January NPRs show Invisibilia aired an episode entitled Entanglement. They started the show with a section on quantum physics and the science of Quantum Entanglement. Apparently, there is a way to entangle two atoms separated in space such that actions applied to one atom instantaneously affect the other. They interviewed David Hucul, a grad student from the University of Maryland, who said And so far, scientists have been able to get entanglement to occur at a distance of just over 88 miles. Though theoretically you could fly one atom to the moon, and still, if you affected it in some way, the other atom back on Earth would be affected instantaneously in the same way Quantum entanglement, the scientists told us, probably happens all the time in the natural world. Like, there could be one particle of you right now entangled with a person that you just passed on the street.

Yes, "there could be one particle of you right now entangled with a person that you just passed on the street"! Sound familiar?

The rest of the program went on to showcase a woman with Mirror Touch Synesthesia, the symptoms of which are that she can watch someone being hurt and she feels it in her own body; so much so that she cant watch people eating because of the sensations that she feels in her mouth. I think this is fundamentally different from what we mean on this site by being an Empath. For many or most of us on this site being an empath has little to do with seeing the other person and may not always be connected to feeling them either. I still found it fascinating that, nevertheless, they made the connection (albeit a loose connection) between quantum physics and what we on the EC experience so often.

Your comments?

updated by @trevor-lewis: 07/20/17 05:25:12AM
Tracie
@tracie
2 years ago
16 posts

Ha! Love this.

First time I realised I was an empath (didn't know the word) I was throwing a total strop because my other half was really depressed and I couldn't help. I was thinking if only I could swap paces with him, but I can't be in 2 places at once!!!! Tantrum. Tantrum.

Then I realised that the 'I can't be in 2 places at once' is just another falsehood we're taught.

Got to love scientists. Spend all the time looking out and forgetting to look back to see where they're looking from. :-)

Dice
@dice
2 years ago
284 posts

:)+

LaoG
@laog
2 years ago
137 posts

This explains a lot. Seems like the gift empaths have has to do with quantum entanglement to the limbic area or something of the sort.

EliseLebeau
@eliselebeau
2 years ago
414 posts

Love it! I often feel that we're still in the pre-atom discovery area when it comes to the Empath phenomenon. We don't fully understand how it works or what's are involved but we know something is happening beneath the surface :)

Thanks for posting.

Ecila
@ecila
2 years ago
898 posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKeR0U9t4y8

There's the link. Looking forward to listening. Thanks, Trevor!

Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

This was a very interesting read Trevor. Where would I be able to go to see this? or read about it? You've got my attention now :)

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
274 posts

Ecila posted this link to the show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKeR0U9t4y8.
Enjoy.

Daydra
@daydra
2 years ago
172 posts

Okay great thank you :)

moon
@moon
2 years ago
73 posts

Thanks for posting this, Trevor. Quantum Physics/Mechanics is so interesting. Newton and so many others helped us learn about the natural laws of this world and we thought we "had it". Then we start looking at things smaller than atoms and lo' and behold - none of the laws of physics seem to apply! What does this tell us about the nature of reality? Are there layers and layers - each with its own set of natural laws? Do we call those layers dimensions? Can we move between these dimensions? Are portals and vortexes real? are black holes another name for them? It's truly fascinating and just goes to show that science is not the "end all - be all" after all. Science is just a set of tools for learning. I am beginning to lean toward the theory that consciousness is really the basis of reality and matter is simply information riding on the energy of consciousness...I will look for that show on NPR's website - they usually have everything in their archives.

Anthony Peake has interesting theories about consciousness and the nature of reality. He takes great pains to research the known science about these theories. He has a lot posted on Youtube. Great stuff! Thanks again.

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

This reminds me of one of my dreams and actually helps describe to me what could possibly be going on there. I appreciate this post.

Aurora70
@aurora70
last year
15 posts
Maybe one day our abilities will be fully understood by all. For now my focus is on continuing to learn more about my abilities . I'm very grateful for this community and forum. Thank you for posting.
Angel
@angel
last year
607 posts

Actually, scientific terminology aside, sounds about right. When you study energy and how it works, this is a form of it. In the Metaphysical community we call it transferring, or projecting energy/receiving energy to or from people/objects, ect. (It's like channeling) We're like walking satellites, which is a basic level of non-verbal communication for everything. When your looking at psychic abilities and more specific, Empathic abilities, this makes complete sense. Many Metaphysical practitioners have an understanding of this exchange in energy because it is the foundation of everything they do. The only real differance between a psychic and someone else is their level of sensitivity to that energy. That sensitivity is more specific to that individuals beliefs, interests, ect.

The lady also makes alot of sense, because Empath's are the "feelers" of the physic world, whether or emotionally or physical sensations. I don't know if you watch Long Island Medium or Dead files, both are physical Mediums and Empaths because they both feel the physical pain of the dead. The differance between those two is that Theresa works with only crossed-over spirits (or so she thinks,lol) and the Dead files girl works more with lost souls. My younest son is also a physical Empath. It's not so bad now, but he's not a very emotional person, but when he was younger, he would channel physical pains, I mean the poor kid was a like a walking hypochondriac because he would feel the pain really bad, it would last about five minutes or so and then it was gone. He would come up to us four or five times a day, "my head hurts", "My leg hurts", "My thumb hurts" ,lol. I knew it was Empathic because it has the same signs as emotional Empathic channeling, but physical.

Anyway's, I think is a perfect post to add to this community because it's exactly what an Empath is on a scientific level. I'm working on some classes with a huge section on energy, but in the meantime, (if you want) check out some of the therories of the scientists, such as this one, and then read up on a few other metaphysical things such as channeling, energy healing, spellwork and psychometry. If you take out the spiritual aspect of all of these and focus soley on how these things work and are done and compare it to quantum physics, you will see a very strong similarity between all of it and it all revolves around energy and the exchange of that energy. It's all really fascinating stuff, and this is why I feel this post is a perfect fit for this site!

Anyway's, I babbled enough :) Thanks for sharing, It's nice to see physical proof of ancient teachings :)

Dice
@dice
last year
284 posts

I was thinking the same thing :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book