Creating a "Male Empaths" group (and Female Empaths)?

To post a reply, login or signup

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Anybody out there like the idea of creating gender-specific discussion groups?
It seems obvious to me from the current thread,Being a guy, that there is the need for the men here to be able to express themselves separate from the women. Personally, I would be thrilled because I am right in the middle of working with a 6 month Men's group and working through a lot of my male-female relationship issues right now.

May I suggest that one of the women starts a separate thread to support a Female Empath group?

So men, please add your support below.

Moderators ... how about it?

updated by @trevor-lewis: 06/15/17 07:14:02AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Thanks, Gene.
I was thinking male only. The impetus for that was a recent post by a man complaining about the way he had been treated by a woman in his life. The issue was valid but I was concerned that women would be aggrieved by that post and jump to the opportunity to air all of their grievances at men.

Both sexes have suffered from inappropriate behavior by the opposite sex. That is a given. I want to be able to have a conversation about gender differences without the opposite sex getting defensive.

And, of course, I would like such a group to go beyond how we have been hurt and focus more on how we can grow as as people and as empaths.

Blessings,

Trevor

Jamie Lex
@jamie-lex
2 years ago
22 posts

I think this is a cool idea and I would be into an all male group. I like getting advice and perspective from everyone but some issues I'd want to be able to ask in an environment with other guys like me. I would like to clarify that this is not me being sexist it's just like some questions you go to your dad and others you go to your mom.

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

I'm all for it. Good job Trevor

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

hmmm

This is the interenet - how can you make it exclusively male if you don't actually know what sex people are?

What about the one in 500 males who are XXY? Are they excluded?

As this is the WWW, are there any countries where this might be illegal (to exclude people based on their sex)?

I understand your reasons, butwould this bea step forward, or a step backwards?

Just a few things to consider.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Pure honor system ... and subject to posting from a male point of view.

To be fair, I would hope that the females take advantage of the offer to have a group of their own too.

With tongue in cheek (not to be taken overly seriously), the world is moving much more in the direction of supporting and encouraging minorities. In the empath world, men are in the minority!

More seriously, maybe you are right! We should call the group "From the male point of view" (similarly for the women). Anybody can join the group but that members are encouraged to post emphasizing the Empath world from the male/female point of view only.

Fly~Robin~Fly
@flyrobinfly
2 years ago
731 posts

IIRC Trevor, new groups are/were closed?

Aside, have you noticed the amount of women who are not commenting anymore?

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Thanks Mod3!
I would like a healthy volume of interested participants (12 or more?) and, at least on the basis of the first 24 hours of this thread being up I am not seeing it. Failing all else I may just have to start blogging on the topic and see what happens from there. But lets give this thread so time to collect interest (or dust) and take it from there.

Trevor

Moderator 2
@moderator-2
2 years ago
35 posts

It's not really a matter of how many you have, it's really about whether or not it will be beneficial and active. If a group starts sitting with no activity for 6 months to a year or so, then we consider whether or not to keep it open. The reason for this is because we had so many inactive groups in the past and everyone would get lost in the pages and pages of inactive groups. So if one does stumble on it, they may post something and no response. It does look like you have some interest. Let Mod. Three know, we are opening another group soon as well and we can probably "kill two birds with one stone." :) Thanks Trevor!!

Mod. 2

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
273 posts

Well if you put it like that, lets open it up and see what happens :-)
I'll IM Mod 3

Thanks

Moderator 2
@moderator-2
2 years ago
35 posts

All your's Trevor!!! :) I'm going to go ahead and close this thread since it is open, thanks again!!

Mod. 2

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book