Being a guy

To post a reply, login or signup

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi everyone,

I am a guy and recently figured out that I am an empath. Is it normal ?

Because wherever I see, it is mostly girls who talk , write blogs about empaths.

I saw this website and I logged in. I don't know what to do.

Please give some reply.

Thanks,

Abhay

updated by @abhay-raaz: 03/19/17 10:15:05PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

Hi Abhay:

I'm a guy!

If we are talking averages and stereotypes then the average woman is undoubtedly more tuned in to her emotions and all subtle forms of energy that the average guy.

Normal? By the definition of the majority of people in the world, none of us are "normal" (LOL!). I have seen estimates that HSPs (highly sensitive people) are 20% of the population down to as low as ~4% for true "empaths".

Male:Female ratio? My experience is that there are at least 3 or 4 women to every man any time I go to group meetings for "spiritual" / "energy" topics.

The real question, Abhay, is where are you in your own discovery process? There are LOTS of resources available on this site.

Bing usually greets most people coming onto the site. Seeing as I am here before him on this occasion, this is his usual introduction:

Hi

Welcome to the EC. It is very nice to meet you.You are now among thousands of our kind and are no longer alone. Who you are is an empath, a person with expanded senses,and this is our oasis in this world. One of the challenges you will face is realizing that you are no longer alone. Here you can talk very openly about all that is on your mind knowing that you will always be treated with respect, kindness, compassion and, most importantly, LOVE. We are you; we are one.

Drop by and visit the Library of Inspiration. I am including some links from the Library that will help you begin to understand more about us and yourself.

Has Anyone Told You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5PLdIns4aw&feature=related

I AM Awake

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/i-am-awake

On Being an Empath

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/on-being-an-empath

52 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/52-symptoms-of-spiritual-awakening-ascension-symptoms

I Deserve / Be the Light

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/i-deserve

11:11 / Lightworker

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/11-11

Indigo and Crystal People

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspi

Dolores Cannon The Three Waves of Volunteers

Dolores has been a regression hypnotherapist for almost half a century and has written over 17 books. This will help you understand whywe are here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvrQT0_4lY&index=12&list=PLDVeIE4vO-zCB-UH8oegWz2jRXNDkyc2v

The following link is all about helping others on a daily basis and costs you nothing other than 30 seconds each day. You can register for daily email reminders on the upper right hand side of the home page.

Take 30 Seconds and Change the World

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/group/libraryofinspiration/forum/topics/take-30-seconds-and-change-the-world

Once again welcome to the EC. Welcome HOME.

Throw some love into the wind

Bing

From me too, Welcome!

Trevor

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Hi Abhay, and welcome to the group :)

I think men in my culture (United States) are culturally trained to not recognize that they are hyper-sensitive to things. It is like saying men cannot cry: of course they can physically cry, many just don't due to social constraints. Being an empath is just a normal biological skill / function in my opinion; men and women can develop it no different than both see or hear. Women however are culturally more talkative and self-reflective than men, so they are more likely to seek out groups and write blogs to express themselves.

In short, it is totally and absolutely normal :)

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Thanks Trevor,

I never expected a mature reply like this.Thanks a lot.

About your question , is there a hierarchy/discovery process of phases from low to high for an empath?

What I found is of Awakening phase, perhaps. I don't know much of the phases/process.

I will learn more and tell you.

Thanks again,

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for your warm and comforting reply.In India there are some women dominating culture also, and I found that ,"men don't cry" stigma is also there.

My one question is : is there any way so that I can tell my emotions in simple words to others, as explaining whole thing is cumbersome process.

Thanks,

Abhay

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

Abhay,

I just posted We Are All Connected - how I came to recognize myself as an empath.

I have been sitting on this for a few months now but your question about explaining to others encouraged me to post. It is 1200 words (about a 10 minute talk) so it's not brief but it's my answer to your question :-)

Blessings,

Trevor

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Of course, Abhay.

For me (an American Female young professional) I made the choice to be exactly whom I am. I don't believe I owe anyone an explanation or that it should be a bad that I am very open, loving, communicative, and emotional with a strong spiritual faith. I express this without restraint, and have formed deep friendships through my behaviors. My atheist, none-empath-label friends have such an understanding of how I work that they include comments regarding such while giving advice -this, for me, is true friendship.

Sometimes I will say something that is shocking to people (e.g. I have a very close relationship with my dead [not dear, dead] grandma). They may inquire to better understand, but if that person is insulting in their inquiry or treats me inappropriately after, I don't want someone like that in my life. I do not pass judgement on people who are Christian, or Hindu, or Lutheran -a good person, for me, is a good person. I allow anyone who brings negative energy into my life to fall to the wayside. However, I do not know the "social laws" in India well enough to know the repercussions of such behavior where you live. I can say, I would rather by happy with myself and alone than unhappy being not myself around many people. :)

Angel
@angel
2 years ago
607 posts

There are alot of guys who are on the forum and who are empathic. In fact, a famous male psychis also empathic, who's name is Chip Coffee. If you ever watched Twilight, Jasper is also an Empath . I think the best place to start is to understand what an Empath actually is. Alot of people have a certain view of Empath's that fall more under the emotoinal side of things, but in all reality, there is a huge difference between Empathy and Empathic. Empathic abilites is not the gift of Empathy, in fact, I have seen Empath who seem to lack alot of Empathy and Sympathy. So, what is an Empath? Empath's fall under one of their Clair's, Clairsentience, which is a psychic ability that means Clear feeling. Many channel emotions, but some channel physical feelings like aches and pain. Common traits are often more compassionate and nurturing, because they feel the emotions of other's and it literally hurts them, but those signs are not the abilty itself, it is the result of an emotion that they already are connected to. Alot of peole who are empathic also suffer from anxiety and depression. Alot of this stems off the Central Nervous System, because alot of Empath's have an overactive nervous system that actually helps to draw in psychic energy. Now there is a medical condition called hsp, which their hypersensitivity is due to this and some are also empathic, but not all, because their sensitivity are higher, they may not necessarily psychic. So I would suggest to read through the threads here, which gives you different idea's about how other Empath's deal with things, but I would also look at Clairsentience to get a better idea of the psychic end of this Hopefully you will be able to get some answers that might help you understand better the gift you have and how it works in you.

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Trevor,

The Post We Are All Connected - how I came to recognize myself as an empath. was great to read. I also sometimes felt distant connection but never asked the other side as was it real or just my feelings. And it was momentary ,just came and flew away.

One thing I will take from your blog is that : I need training.

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Buddy,

Here the concept of family is of joint family. I live in a populated and not so educated world.For me living alone or with my friends is fine ,and I am happy in that . But the problem starts when people taunt my parents and relatives ,and they feel uncomfortable.

Their uneasy feeling get connected with me and I start feeling pain for not living up to their eyes level.

The thing is I feel guilty sometimes, hence wanted to convey them that feel happy for me. They have their own beliefs rooted in religion , social stigma. That's why I am searching for a way to convince them .

Thanks,

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Krosskelt,

I hope that people will come forward.And especially male because the stigma is around them of "men don't cry".
It must be like "men don't make anyone cry".

Your project is really good. The same I do here (not any project) . I make people think.

Thanks,

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Angel,

Thanks for your advice.I will search the exact differences between Empath,empathy,sympathy,Clairsentience and all the terms related to it.

I have started reading assets available on the web.

But one thing I will tell you that I have always a disease problem from childhood.Now I came to understand that it was due to not exhaling the emotions that people have dumped to me.

Once I saw a live ,sacrifice of goat in a temple and I remained ill (by fever) for more than one month.No doctor was successful in treating me.

Now after reading some blogs I found that diseases happen to empaths frequently.

I will search all the concepts and let you know.

Abhay

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

Another Guy here. Females just communicate better than us. There are lots of Guys here, most are silent. Emphatic abilities are part of it but not the all. I prefer the word Sensitives, but here is empaths. I do thank Elise for allowing us to be here in this great place. Thanks.... Oh there's Trevor and he beat Bing to it... he he 8-)

Nea
@nea
2 years ago
201 posts

I certainly welcome more male Empaths to be more active, because I think all perspectives are needed - for better understanding and for teaching and learning about ourselves. I think we all have a need to discuss and learn with both our own gender and the opposite. Especially since we feel emotions from everyone, no matter the gender. :)

Kari
@kari
2 years ago
4 posts
I think females are more communicative, therefore more likely to present in these groups. I come from a family where both my brother and father were empaths, so definitely there are men out there with empath abilities :)
Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Paul,

Now i am feeling more confident that people are there who are like me.

You are right about communication aspect of female and silent way of male.Hope more will speak their heart out.

Thanks man.

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Nea,

Thanks for your views.Feelings are gender neutral.

Your name is very unique. I heard the name "Neha" but not "Nea". The meaning of "Neha" is happiness,full of spirit in my language. Does "Nea" mean anything in your language?

Thanks,

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Justin,

I feel like nobody understands my viewpoint. And due to this I go through emotional trauma .

I am not sure about abilities but I am also not sure about everyone could do what I do. I m confused man.

Abhay

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hi Kari,

You are right that females are more communicative . But sometimes I think what makes them so easy going in communication . What we guys lack ?

society pressure , stigma etc are ok . But this is perhaps not the real thing. What u say.

Thanks,

Abhay

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

and the old joke about women being more communicative and having superior language skills is that, when you tell that to a man, he responds "Duh!"

Just a light hearted addition to a great thread! :-)

Abhay Raaz
@abhay-raaz
2 years ago
21 posts

Hahahaha that's nice .

Perhaps the "Duh" moment for women is when a guy says "Listen honey, I am going to booze with my friends " . :)

Visitor
@visitor
2 years ago
303 posts

Hi Abhay,

I'm no expert, but I think the idea that empathy belongs to women is nothing but a myth.

I've met a lot of men empaths. No, I haven't interviewed them about their abilities, but I can tell they are able to read things in a way that average people can't.

I think maybe men don't talk about their sense of intuition much, because it's not considered macho. That's all changing. I think this world is about 90% empath (if not more) and we're all finding out about it now. The times are a changin'.

Umar
@umar
2 years ago
72 posts

Hi Abhay,

Coming from such a different perspective than your situation, I am not sure which method would be best for you. Like I tried to describe above, I am very open about everything -but I am not sure that will work for you. I hope one of the other replies here can supply you with better guidance. :) Best wishes <3

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

Easy there, Paul. I get your pain. I am (very literally) in the middle of my own gender relationship issues at the moment. It's not easy. I want to speak up for the women here before they start letting loose at us men. I know it's difficult for them too and they are going to want to respond to you with their stories of terrible male bosses - and, in my humble opinion, their stories of sexual abuse at work are worse than your own. I don't want to get into comparing which gender has done more damage to which.

Let's keep this thread about the empath differences between the genders!

Paul, I hope you understand. Feel free to message me privately and take this offline.

Paul
@paul
2 years ago
916 posts

The pain is there. What makes it more is that it was a close relative. I apologize ladies when I let my private issues, as Trevor says, get loose. Things happen for a reason and I take this to be an opportunity to heal.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
2 years ago
272 posts

I am thrilled to announce that "From the Male Viewpoint" is up as a new group.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book