New to the Name, but not the feeling

To post a reply, login or signup

fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

Hello all,

I read a random article that someone had posted on social media, and the title itself had grabbed my attention.

I start reading this article... and I think, yeah, this is me. yup. that. yeah, that too. whoa. ok.

Soooo... I think to myself, maybe I'm not weird, or reclusive or mentally ill. ....I'm special?

heres my takeaway from the list. I know that people aren't "like me" and I just try to do a good job of hiding it.

1. Plagued with migraines that increase in intensity as I grow older (now 36), I have more headache days than not.

2. I'm very social, from a distance. At the end of the day, I need to be alone. by myself. I do not like crowds, sidewalks with people facing me, grocery stores or the mall.

3. I do not watch TV with news, read news papers or stay up on current events, as they seem to haunt me while awake and asleep. Netflix with cartoons is my primary source of entertainment.

4. I have an uncanny knack for "judge of character". 99% percent of the time, my gut is right, whether it has to do with me, my love interests, friends, colleagues, or those within the 7 degrees of separation.

5. I have always felt connectedness with stones and crystals and believe in their strength.

6. sometime last year, I began to see auras, casually, and it is something I'd like to explore further.

7. I often feel tired, sick, achy for no reason. My stomach, my bones, my teeth. Sometimes I feel despondent and depressed, and very heavy. Other times it is manageable.

8. I am hypersensitive to smells, perfumes, foods, sun, etc.

9. I can "feel" the energy in a room. Some of it is painfully uncomfortable.

10. It is easy for me to see people who have had painful pasts, and old souls.

So let me sum this up by saying that I am young woman, who is healthy in the medical sense. I always felt, bad. Am I dragging things around that don't belong to me?

Any feed back you have is welcome.

I'd like to sort things out and feel better.

Cant wait to hear from you, -R

updated by @fortune-cookie: 03/28/17 04:42:29AM
careyleefarnsworth
@careyleefarnsworth
2 years ago
58 posts

Welcome to the Empath life :)

fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

Thank you! There is so much in every place I look :))

-R

esoteric
@esoteric
2 years ago
16 posts

I feel pretty much everything that you mentioned...

I just wanted to comment on your depression statement. I often wake up feeling depressed and would end up having a crappy day at least once a week... however...

Now when I wake up in a crappy mood I can say stop and say to myself "why do I feel so depressed right now?" "what happened to me to make me feel so bad?"

If I can't find anything in my own experience (100% of the time right now) to justify the bad feelings then I know it's not my depression and I can leave it behind--so to speak--and not have someone else's random depression affecting the quality of my day.

fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

Thank you :) I'm glad to be here!

fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

oh thank you Sirah :)

fortune_cookie
@fortune-cookie
2 years ago
8 posts

this is great advice Esoteric. the "icky" just sticks to me sometimes. I'll give it a try!

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book